BajaNomad

New Nomad checking in

Rumple - 12-25-2013 at 10:02 AM

Hi Nomads,
Well, I’m new to the board and it was suggested that I introduce myself. My name is Joni and I live in Rancho La Bufadora. My husband Micheal, our Newfoundland Rumple and I moved here in 1997 and I hope never to live anywhere else! Sadly, Micheal and Rumple died several years ago.
My friend Liz told me that I would be ready to meet someone in 3 years. I knew I wouldn’t be but she was right and only off by 15 days. On July 29th I met Dennis Card## and he asked me out for dinner. (Yes, you read correctly - DENNIS. He actually has a real girlfriend as opposed to the fictitious ones that I’ve read about here!) We’ve hardly been apart since then. For those of you who haven’t met him – he is the most softly spoken, generous and charming man that I know.
I’m spending most of my time these days, at his house or my house, taking care of Lulu. From the minute he decided he needed to go to the hospital all he cared about was that I stay here with her.
I want to thank Doug for visiting him. Dennis is adamant that I not come up until after the Christmas traffic has passed. I do talk with him several times a day and have told him of all of your good wishes.
I’ll be talking with you,
Joni

Ateo - 12-25-2013 at 10:05 AM

Hello Joni,

Nice to meet you! Let Dennis know we are thinking about him.

Welcome.

[Edited on 12-25-2013 by Ateo]

Rumple - 12-25-2013 at 10:09 AM

Thanks Ateo,
Nice to meet you. I certainly will tell him. I sent his Kindle up to him Monday so he could read all the well wishes and get back to posting. He told me this morning that he doesn't have wifi where he is in the hospital!

woody with a view - 12-25-2013 at 10:19 AM

tell him Woody said HI, and Merry Xmas!

[Edited on 12-25-2013 by woody with a view]

Rumple - 12-25-2013 at 10:30 AM

Thanks, I will!

David K - 12-25-2013 at 10:37 AM

Welcome to Nomad! Dennis is very lucky and we look forward to seeing him back home (here). Merry Christmas too!

Rumple - 12-25-2013 at 10:40 AM

Me too!
Merry Christmas to you.

vandenberg - 12-25-2013 at 10:40 AM

Welcome to the board Joni and a Merry Christmas.
You sound like a gem. No wonder old Dennis has kept you hidden from Nomad's lechers.
When you see Dennis, tell him Ed in Nopolo sends his regards and wishes him a speedy recovery.
Having someone like you on his side can do nothing but help his recovery.
Keep us informed on his progress and don't be a stranger.
We can use some fresh blood on this site.

desertcpl - 12-25-2013 at 10:49 AM

Welcome aboard

Merry Christmas,, tell Dennis Hi and hope he comes home soon

nice that you too have found each other

Ken

grace59 - 12-25-2013 at 10:52 AM

Welcome to the forum, Joni! Glad that you have found someone to add to your Baja happiness. Best wishes to both you and Dennis.

comitan - 12-25-2013 at 11:02 AM

Joni

We have been so concerned about Dennis being alone and its good to know he is being looked after by someone as special as he is.

wiley & carol

MMc - 12-25-2013 at 11:10 AM

Rumple, Welcome! Please both of you have a very Merry Christmas. I wish that Dennis is back on his feet soon I owe him a beer or 5.
Mike Mc

shari - 12-25-2013 at 11:41 AM

Ho Ho Ho...Merry Christmas Joni...well, the cat is out of the bag now sugar! I am soooo happy for you both. You couldnt ask for a better man and I wish you all the happiness in the world. Please give big D a big sloppy kiss from Shari! I look forward to meeting you missy...thanks for looking after our pal!

Rumple - 12-25-2013 at 11:44 AM

Hi Shari,
Yes, he wanted me to let the cat out! He's told me all about you and I can't wait to meet you too.
Merry Christmas!

sd - 12-25-2013 at 12:07 PM

Good Christmas morning Joni,

Such a nice introduction on this day of sharing. May the both of you have a lifetime of love and good health together!

Scot

tiotomasbcs - 12-25-2013 at 12:08 PM

Wonderful. A bombshell from a bombshell!! Dennis a favorite of many here and yet we haven't met him except in cyberspace. You're the lucky one. Good luck and Happy New Year. Smiles. Tomas

durrelllrobert - 12-26-2013 at 09:46 AM

Good morning Joni. how was your telcon with Dennis last night? Hope you gave him a good report.

DENNIS & JONI

captkw - 12-26-2013 at 09:55 AM

HAPPY HOLIDAYS !!:tumble:

Rumple - 12-26-2013 at 10:04 AM

Hi Bob,
Yes, I told him that the company was great, the food was out of this world and that was the best turkey gravy I've ever had! Do you think I said too much? He had so much meatloaf for lunch that he passed up turkey for dinner. I think he was a little hungry when I called!
Happy leftover day,
Joni

Welcome to the Nomad Board!

Gypsy Jan - 12-26-2013 at 10:47 AM

I love that your screen name is a memorial to your earlier. beloved four-footed companion.

And it is very good of you to sacrifice some of your privacy to reassure us that Dennis and Lulu are being well looked after. I was just thinking yesterday that it really sucks to be hurting and away from home during this time of year.

Our family, all two-and-four footed ones, wish you and Dennis and Lulu lots of good times in the future.

bonanza bucko - 12-26-2013 at 10:52 AM

There couldn't be a better or more valuable Nomad than Joni (Rumplesdump for the record). I have known her since 1983 and you can be very sure that she's going to be an addition and asset to we Nomads.

She has a mischievous streak and a sense of humor that is a little like a volcano and when she laughs the world shakes and those who hear her smile! And you must add to of all that she's very smart....brilliant sometimes....and she's creative to the max. She will come up with stuff here that will surprise us and make us all happy. She can organize a million butterflies and make them grateful for the complement.

You will come to love her. I'm very glad she has Dennis and I know he's a very lucky man.

BB:-)

Rumple - 12-26-2013 at 12:42 PM

Hey Bucko,
OMG, who could live up to this?
Thanks for the welcome and Happy New Year!
Joni
PS Just in case Dennis forgets how wonderful I am, I'll read him your post every couple of days!

bajacalifornian - 12-26-2013 at 01:07 PM

Wow! This is cool. My unknown friend & his special friend. Pleased to make your acquaintance!

Kindly tell my unknown friend I wish him only the best through his recovery.

Rumplesdump ??

durrelllrobert - 12-26-2013 at 05:05 PM

What kinda s**t is that?

BajaNomad - 12-26-2013 at 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Rumple

PS Just in case Dennis forgets how wonderful I am, I'll read him your post every couple of days!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rumple - 12-26-2013 at 05:54 PM

Hey Bob - My Newfoundland's name was actually RumpleWump. It's a long dull story on how it became Rumplesdump.

Kgryfon - 12-26-2013 at 07:14 PM

Welcome, Rumple!

BajaBlanca - 12-26-2013 at 09:27 PM

Welcome to Nomads, Rumple! My husband and I are in San Diego and I was worried that Dennis would be alone for xmas and was going to drop by .... Now I know why he said he was doing ok ((((:

Happy New Year to the newest couple on the block!

EnsenadaDr - 12-26-2013 at 09:58 PM

Hi Joni,

Welcome to the board. You might want to post the intro on Dennis' thread as well as many Nomads are worried about him and it would ease their minds to know that someone is close by and helping him through this difficult time.

Bob H - 12-26-2013 at 10:10 PM

This is great... welcome to the board Rumple. My best to DENNIS!

Lindalou - 12-27-2013 at 10:05 AM

Welcome Joni, I am so happy to have you as my neighbor and friend, and someone special there to take care of Dennis and Lulu. Glad to see you joined the board. :bounce:

EnsenadaDr - 12-27-2013 at 10:24 AM

Linda as I remember, you were very helpful to Dennis and Lulu the last time he was ill. Hope you are feeling well and hanging in there!! Happy New Year.