BajaNomad

A Conversation With My Housekeeper

Gypsy Jan - 12-26-2013 at 03:08 PM

She is also my friend.

(What follows is my bad translation of our conversation in Spanish, today.)

Amiga: "I have tamales for you, sweet and savory and a bottle of the hot sauce my mother makes that you like so much!"

Me: (Squealing like a stepped-on cat with excitement.) "Oh, this is wonderful! Thank you so much!"

Amiga: "I have an upset stomach today, so I am only going to clean half your house. You are not going to pay me for today."

Me: "That's nonsense. We are going to pay you for today."

Amiga: "I can send my friend to finish the cleaning today."

Me: "No, please, it's OK, we will be fine until you are feeling better."

Amiga: "My house is full of people and it is very difficult. I am going to my father's house now so I can rest."

Me: "Please, go there and get some sleep and rest."

[Edited on 12-26-2013 by Gypsy Jan]

woody with a view - 12-26-2013 at 03:14 PM

maybe those tamales are bad? i'm guessing she ate a couple or so?

Bob and Susan - 12-26-2013 at 03:16 PM

common for "day-after-the-holiday"

BajaBlanca - 12-28-2013 at 12:49 PM

These are excellent glimpses into life in Mexico and with a spouse. Hope you keep them coming, I am having a blast reading them.

EnsenadaDr - 12-28-2013 at 01:11 PM

Yeah, what is it with these housekeepers sending their friends? I had one give me the same excuse and wanted to send her buddy over!!

It's that d*&^ working class..

neilm81301 - 12-28-2013 at 04:12 PM

...they're the same everywhere. You just can't get good help anymore. why, just yesterday, my cousin from Manhattan called me and told me, you know what she found when she got back from France?.....

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
Yeah, what is it with these housekeepers sending their friends? I had one give me the same excuse and wanted to send her buddy over!!

.....uh... I was meanin' some satire here.. pretty thin, I know.

I'm with BajaBlanca - I love to read the Gypsy's stuff!

Neil

Pompano - 12-28-2013 at 04:22 PM

It's an epidemic. I can't get my housekeeper to stop smiling...no matter what havoc I wreak.

Bubba - 12-28-2013 at 04:26 PM

I still have the same house keeper after over almost 50 yrs, what seems to be the problem?

EnsenadaDr - 12-28-2013 at 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bubba
I still have the same house keeper after over almost 50 yrs, what seems to be the problem?
:Who, your wife?:lol::lol:

micah202 - 12-28-2013 at 08:05 PM

Quote:

...it's straight out of the 'Dealing with Gringo's handbook....

............#17...if you're unable to fulfill your shift,,be SURE to provide a replacement yourself,,they'll appreciate the effort,,and it'll hopefully prevent Mr or Mrs Gringa find someone they like more!;D

[Edited on 12-29-2013 by micah202]

micah202 - 12-29-2013 at 09:53 AM

..what,,nobody??--I thought that was pretty funny,no?

Quote:
Originally posted by micah202
Quote:

............#17...if you're unable to fulfill your shift,,be SURE to provide a replacement yourself,,they'll appreciate the effort,,and it'll hopefully prevent Mr or Mrs Gringa find someone they like more!;D

[Edited on 12-29-2013 by micah202]

micah202 - 12-29-2013 at 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lencho
Quote:
Originally posted by micah202

Oh, those domestics! :P

...hilarious!!:lol::lol: