BajaNomad

Second Showing of Baja 1000 Today

TMW - 12-28-2013 at 12:10 PM

The second showing is today but I'm a little confused by the time. The SCORE web site says 2pm PST on ABC but references X Games. The TV listing on my Cable box and on the ABC web site says X Games is on at 1pm and ESPN Sports is on at 2pm. The show on Thursday was on ESPN-2 X Games.

So I guess the bottom line is be prepared for either 1pm or 2pm. Happy viewing. I going to record this one.

steekers - 12-28-2013 at 12:25 PM

how do we see it online?? we have no TV down in San Felipe...except at the bars and not up for them.

Ken Cooke - 12-28-2013 at 12:33 PM

TMW - 12-28-2013 at 05:18 PM

Second time around I liked it a little more. But it is a little too fast paced. I could hardly see the maps before they switched to something else. I recorded this one.

Toby the Announcer

Ken Cooke - 12-28-2013 at 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TW
Second time around I liked it a little more. But it is a little too fast paced. I could hardly see the maps before they switched to something else. I recorded this one.

Second time around and I liked it a little less. The announcer's use of the word, "CAHWWW" bugged "The Baah Haaww" out of me.

Baja race

surfhat - 12-29-2013 at 12:56 PM

I agree with you Ken, the Brit moderator bugged me from the beginning and watching it a second time saturday it was just as frustrating as the previous viewing. Still, any coverage is appreciated and respecting the loss of Kurt was welcomed but abbreviated in my humble opinion. For all he gave in so many generous ways there should have been more attention to his legacy. I did revel in the barrel roll or whatever it is called with that maniac who just barely pulled it off. It did seem like aerial views were limited and with all the motorized go pro like options available these days could have been put to more use. Helicopters in the past were well served and it seemed like they were not included this time but then again this is a new era for the race and is bound to have some growing pains. My first experience with the 1000 was back in the early 70's camping and surfing at Cuatro Casas and having the racers scream by a hundred yards from the bluff. What a hoot!. Thanks to all here.

steekers - 12-29-2013 at 02:05 PM

I agree with the above observations on the Brit, Toby. Annoying after a bit.

I also recall he got Caselli's bike number wrong. I believe Caselli was 4X, not 2X.

David K - 12-29-2013 at 02:09 PM

It's hard to beat Dust to Glory (2003 Baja 1000?), but that was a full length film without commercials!

willardguy - 12-29-2013 at 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by steekers
I agree with the above observations on the Brit, Toby. Annoying after a bit.

I also recall he got Caselli's bike number wrong. I believe Caselli was 4X, not 2X.
the ktm team was on the 2x bike 4x was robby bell.