BajaNomad

Nobody Drops in Unannounced to Visit Anymore

BajaBlanca - 12-28-2013 at 05:15 PM

too funny !

mulegemichael - 12-28-2013 at 06:21 PM

yeah, it's funny if you've never been bitten by a dog...if you HAVE been bitten, it's less funny...trust me.....i have been bitten waaaaay too many times as a park ranger in washington state and i do not trust any dog...it's a shame, si, but it's a burden that is not likely to go away in my lifetime....i don't want to get bit again, really....and when your dogs rush up to the gate...well, i won't be coming in...ever...too sad.

David K - 12-28-2013 at 06:22 PM

Zeus and Apollo :coolup:

Nobody Has Ever Been Bitten

Gypsy Jan - 12-28-2013 at 06:58 PM

OK, if I have to explain my humor - our black dogs seem to intimidate people who try to enter/interrupt/ask us for money at home without being invited and then they get all upset and don't understand the way dogs greet them.

F*** them - my apologies to my friends and supporters on the board for the edited cursing.

mulegemichael - 12-28-2013 at 07:22 PM

i still don't get the "humor" of it all....what am i missing here?...that they are just cute little black dogs that wouldn't hurt a soul?...what am i missing?

grizzlyfsh95 - 12-28-2013 at 07:49 PM

I don't get this entire conversation. But then I am not in the "in group". O pues.

weebray - 12-28-2013 at 09:19 PM

I guess your missing the embarrassing ignorance.

luv2fish - 12-28-2013 at 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by grizzlyfsh95
I don't get this entire conversation. But then I am not in the "in group". O pues.

I think the OG post was probably removed for language.. I don't get it either, must be my ignorance.

bajadogs - 12-28-2013 at 10:49 PM

I missed the point too. And now it's gone. So the whole thread should be killed right? All I know is if your aggressive dog comes after me I will beat it with whatever I have and it will be your fault, not mine.

Bajafun777 - 12-29-2013 at 12:12 AM

Hmmm, I don't think anyone will beat Gypsy Jan's dogs, especially her Big Big Great Dane, just won't happen without being eaten whole. LOL Since I can't see the beginning of this thread, I can only guess that it was suppose to be an inside joke about people seeing that big Great Dane rise. Upon seeing it rise people would want to exit quickly if uninvited. I know when I first met Gypsy Jan they had their Great Dane with them and I took a step back until I saw how the verbal commands were followed by the dog.

Gypsy Jan's Great Dane that I met follows verbal directions very well and well trained dogs will always seek to protect their masters. People have dogs for friendship but they also have them to deter harm to them or their property. Take Care & Travel Safe----- "No Hurry, No Worry, Just FUN" bajafun777

bledito - 12-29-2013 at 06:34 AM

I guess as a responsible dog owner the dog, dogs should be kept on the property behind fence or gate so that those passing thru an area enjoying the sights are not mauled. I was in an area in todos santo last year and wanted to get out and look around maybe walk around a while and the pack of dogs who were not confined to their property would not allow it. very scary when dogs in a pack come toward you barking and snarling, had to just get back in the car and go somewhere else.

Marc - 12-29-2013 at 08:51 AM

I don't care for dogs all that much, so I only have one.

pauldavidmena - 12-29-2013 at 09:10 AM

Dogs do a far better job of reading body language than people do. An uninvited guest might not get much more than a scowl from a person but will get an earful (or more) from a protective dog, even - as pointed out by @Bajafun777 - a well-trained dog. Most owners should be able call their dogs off with a word (or two) or a gesture, but should also reward them for their willingness to protect.

Our dog Tito (pictured) will act very intimidating to almost everyone who visits, but usually stands down within seconds - particularly when he figures out that the person is welcome. Then he's back to his usual clownish self.

805gregg - 12-29-2013 at 09:23 PM

Rottweiler dogs are good for paranoid people living in bad areas, I fell sorry for you, that's a lot of crap to deal with

Johannes - 12-29-2013 at 10:55 PM

ok don't wear a black T-shirt and a baseball cap backwards, my dog will have you for breakfast. He had bad experience with people dressed like that.

Paula - 12-30-2013 at 10:36 AM

Jan, your sweet dogs would never keep me away. I just don't want to interrupt those conversations with your husband. Crickets, amiga:dudette:

DavidE - 12-30-2013 at 10:45 AM

Vendor: I am asking for donations. I show them my (emptied) wallet

Time Share Salesman: You won't believe the deal I have for you!
Sounds great! But I'll have to ask my parole officer.

Somos Testigos de Jehova
Soy Mormon

If You Want to Know More About Our Dogs

Gypsy Jan - 12-30-2013 at 06:16 PM

You are invited to visit...for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

No, you won't be on the menu - the dogs will stay back, watching and sometimes drooling, but they never approach.

In a somewhat related note, there was a news item today that Rottweilers are in the top ten of most expensive dogs in the world because of their utility - $4,000 for a puppy.

The story also cautions that these dogs need socialization and discipline.

I told my puppies, yes, these ones that had been handed off to us on a sidewalk in Rosarito, about their value and all they did for the rest of the day was practice their show walk in the yard for other dogs to admire.