BajaNomad

Mulege Pizza

Pages:  1  

chuckie - 12-29-2013 at 06:44 PM

Had Pizza at the "NEW" Pizza joint tonite awesome as usual, with FREE spaghetti on Sundays...They are going to be starting some Gringo specials soon, and a new shipment of Cigars should be in around the 8th...seeya there, I'm already a Sunday regular......

Marc - 12-29-2013 at 07:04 PM

I can't see scarfing a pizza way down in messico......but then the burgers at Candil....so where is this place??

reneske - 12-29-2013 at 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Marc
I can't see scarfing a pizza way down in messico......but then the burgers at Candil....so where is this place??

chuckie - 12-30-2013 at 10:17 AM

I dunno what a "scarf" is....But the new Pizza place is at the point where you make a left turn to leave Mulege on the one way...The dive shop and Lumberyard are close by.....

bajacalifornian - 12-30-2013 at 10:44 AM

"scarf"

[Edited on 1-2-2014 by BajaNomad]

scarf-replace.jpg - 14kB

Mula - 12-30-2013 at 10:51 AM

Jeff you are going to miss Juan Cunninham's cabalgata tomorrow.

When are you coming back?

Sorry for the hijack.

shari - 12-30-2013 at 11:01 AM

nice one Jeff...she cant see scarfing either...but I sure can....cant wait till amigo Alan gets back in town for his perfectly perfect pizzas!

bajacalifornian - 12-30-2013 at 11:25 AM

Not a hijack . . . to chuckie, Mula & shari, "I'll be there!"

chuckie - 12-30-2013 at 11:35 AM

GRAND!

shari - 12-30-2013 at 11:45 AM

WOOO HOOOO...bring your scarf!

Gato Gordos pizzaria in Mulege

Mulegena - 12-30-2013 at 01:35 PM

So, shall we all agree to meet up at the new pizza joint in Mulege?

As Chuckie rightly notes, Sundays are with sketti.

We can all wear our scarves and snarf down pittsah.

chuckie - 12-30-2013 at 03:28 PM

Say when, neighbor......

mulegemichael - 12-30-2013 at 04:07 PM

chuckie....that's the first decent review i've heard of the place....all the rest said their pizzas taste like used carpet.....or the like.....i mean, NO ONE has been gentle!.....so....nice to see the "other side"

chuckie - 12-30-2013 at 09:58 PM

They changed Pizza ovens a while ago..The original convection ovens just didnt git er dun..Now they are wood fired.....excellent...I hadnt seen any other reviews actually.....We had a party of 12 there and all were happy...

Marc - 12-31-2013 at 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajacalifornian
"scarf"

For all you illiterates: A transitive verb.

English definition of “scarf”
scarf
/skɑrf/ v [I/T] infml (EAT)
› to eat a lot of food quickly:
[I] In no time, I scarfed down two hamburgers, French fries, and something to drink.
:light::light::light::

scarf-replace.jpg - 14kB

chuckie - 12-31-2013 at 09:47 AM

I keep forgetting, people in California dont have english as their first language.....

mulegemichael - 12-31-2013 at 06:18 PM

chuckie....my "reviews" are first hand stuff from amigos in mulege when asked if they had been to the place....nothing on the internet to my knowledge....i have got a bit of a b-tch on the guy however......he ROARS through our neighborhood in his big ol truck like there are no kids or pets around....and....his "pit bull" type dogs charge out whenever a pedestrian, bicyclist or moto rider drive by, snapping and snarling....it is an issue....kind of takes one mind off of pizza.....he might need a "heads up"...thx, m.

chuckie - 12-31-2013 at 11:03 PM

If you havnt been there, why do you pile on?Have YOU said anything to him about your alleged problem with him. or are you wanting someone to do it for you? Wheres YOUR cojones? Sure easy to badmouth someone by proxy...I'll sure let him know and who it came from...

Mulegena - 12-31-2013 at 11:30 PM

I love the new pizza joint.

Some friends and I are going Sunday afternoon, after 4ish.
Will call ahead with pizza orders. The only downside of Gato Gordo pizza is their beautiful new wood-fired adobe oven cooks one pizza at a time, so sometimes you have to sit outside on the sofa by the firepit and sip on a beer while you wait.

Chuckie, will you meet us there?
Can't miss us. We'll be wearing scarves in anticipation of pizza-joy.

chuckie - 1-1-2014 at 05:05 AM

We shall be there....I was pleasantly surprised by the short time it took to cook a pizza in the new oven...And since its Mexico, no one needs to be in a hurry anyhow eh? I will look for a scarf.....or not ...seeya

Mulegemicheal

baja2013 - 1-1-2014 at 12:41 PM

Mulegemicheal......I second your report on the big roaring truck...its unsafe and annoying...I have seen it happen in the orchard, in the oasis, on the highway, all over town

Hook - 1-1-2014 at 03:15 PM

If you guys bad mouth the owner one more time................NO PIZZA FOR YOU!!!!

chuckie - 1-1-2014 at 03:25 PM

WTF does a truck have to do with Pizza? Other than the fact you guys dont have the stones to tell him about it? Grow some!

willardguy - 1-1-2014 at 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
If you guys bad mouth the owner one more time................NO PIZZA FOR YOU!!!!

:lol: not just the owner, the owners truck, the owners dogs,......
man, theres some angry ol' codgers in mulege!:o

chuckie - 1-1-2014 at 04:06 PM

You betchum Red Ryder....

Bajahowodd - 1-1-2014 at 06:10 PM

When we travel in Mexico, the last thing we want to eat is pizza. Having grown up in New York and having spent a great deal of time in Boston and Chicago, I really haven't found a suitable pizza place in SoCal. Perhaps Cortina's in Anaheim comes closest with their NY style cheese pizza. That said, I can understand why folks who live in Baja, or spend most of their time in Baja would crave pizza. I'm just not going to order pizza during my travels. Too much good Mexican food.

I also knew the late Ed LaDou who was the guy that put Wolfgang Puck on the map by designing his pizzas. He also was the guy behind the pizzas at California Pizza kitchen. Later in life he opened a restaurant called Caioti in Laurel Canyon and later moved to North Hollywood. A great guy and I miss him. He passed a couple of years ago.

Mulegena - 1-1-2014 at 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
WTF does a truck have to do with Pizza? Other than the fact you guys dont have the stones to tell him about it? Grow some!

A fast-movin' delivery truck... that would be nice.

And stones, pizza stones. Their pizzas are cooked directly on the adobe stone oven floor and have a crisped-edge crust from being quickly baked in the super-hot ironwood heat. Crusts are rolled out by hand when you order.

And yes, I understand a traveler's interest in seeking out authentic Mexican foods which we all love, but we locals love getting our pizza fix.

motoged - 1-1-2014 at 08:09 PM

Baja is producing more fire-brick oven pizza joints....so they are offering Mexican food:light:

Rice and beans wear thin after a while:biggrin:

Try the pizza in El Triunfo and you will want to move there....their cinnamon rolls are the world's best.....or should I just eat Bimbo bread because it's "Mexican"?

BajaNomad - 1-1-2014 at 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mulegena
The only downside of Gato Gordo pizza is...

Add closed Tue/Wed to the list. :?:

Mulegena - 1-1-2014 at 08:25 PM

Gato Gordo makes cinnamon rolls, too; they're yummy.

The owner Laura also made traditional bread for the Day of the Dead. We bought several to share with our family this year.

I'll ask her if she'll be making roscas for El Dia de Los Reyes. If so I'll be buying one. They're the ring-shaped bread decorated with candied fruit that are shared by Mexican families on The Day of Kings/12th Night. This marks the 12th night after Christmas and officially ends the Christmas holiday season but never the merry-making as this is Mexico and another holiday is just around the corner.

Marc - 1-2-2014 at 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook

And he's wearing a "scarf":lol::lol::lol:

Mulegena - 1-2-2014 at 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
Quote:
The only downside of Gato Gordo pizza is...

Add closed Tue/Wed to the list. :?:

I think they're only closed on Tuesdays-- I'll check when I go to town.

edited to say to Marc just above "You get the pizza scarfin' award. That's Funny! Good'un!"

[Edited on 1-2-2014 by Mulegena]

Edited to give their hours of operation. They open at 5 pm Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday and Monday but are closed on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Gato Gordo Pizza
Open Thurs-Mon 5 pm 'til closing
Closed Tues & Wed

[Edited on 1-2-2014 by Mulegena]

EnsenadaDr - 1-2-2014 at 09:11 AM

This Mulege pizza thread is pretty entertaining, only can't figure out how someone hadn't heard of "scarfing" down food!!

Pescador - 1-2-2014 at 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
When we travel in Mexico, the last thing we want to eat is pizza. Having grown up in New York and having spent a great deal of time in Boston and Chicago, I really haven't found a suitable pizza place in SoCal. Perhaps Cortina's in Anaheim comes closest with their NY style cheese pizza. That said, I can understand why folks who live in Baja, or spend most of their time in Baja would crave pizza. I'm just not going to order pizza during my travels. Too much good Mexican food.

I also knew the late Ed LaDou who was the guy that put Wolfgang Puck on the map by designing his pizzas. He also was the guy behind the pizzas at California Pizza kitchen. Later in life he opened a restaurant called Caioti in Laurel Canyon and later moved to North Hollywood. A great guy and I miss him. He passed a couple of years ago.

Dangnabbit, I was going to go enjoy a nice pizza but now I have to forego it because it is somehow either politically incorrect to eat (scarf) or just does not culturally enhance my fung shui experience of Mexico. Does that mean it might upset my Karma or put my Chakras out of position?

And this is coming from the guy who informed us that Scotty's El Candil is no longer open on a regular basis.

Someone please save me from the insanity.

I can't wait to go try this now that I have been warned against it and will probably bring my portable drill to flatten three or four tires for good measure.:o:rolleyes:

chuckie - 1-2-2014 at 09:37 AM

Iam always amazed at the knowledge level of folks who never spend time in Baja....Living in Mexico, fulltime as some of us do, does not mean we enjoy Mexican food every day. I have been known to eat a big rare ribeye now and then, and PIZZA......Come try it Pescador, I'l sacrifice a chicken to protect your Karma...........bring your own scarf...

EnsenadaDr - 1-2-2014 at 09:43 AM

Really funny thread as I said, but most locals die for a taste of American food when living extended periods south of the border and vacationers want to eat nothing more than Mexican food for 2 weeks. I am hoping to see the group with their scarfs on!!

Sweetwater - 1-2-2014 at 11:23 AM

I remember being very surprised by the pizza joint in BOLA. It's right next door to Costa del Sol and the reason for my surprise was that a native Italian was the owner and chef. Outstanding pizza, does anyone know the name of the place?

divemulege - 1-4-2014 at 10:58 AM

Funny Mulege Michael. I drive exactly 7 mph through Oasis, no more. My truck is a diesel and it might be loud but I never drive excessively fast! I am an ex firefighter and kids are very important to me. Fact is that we do not have kids in Oasis but it is always good to throw that in. My dogs were an issue and I have taken care of them. They have not been out for a month now since we secured the area they stay in. If you have a problem with me come and talk to me instead of hiding behind your keyboard. I will address any issues that you may have in a professional manner. We all have to live together and stop bashing the pizza you have never tried. If you go back on this thread this guy has been bashing us since day 1.

[Edited on 1-4-2014 by divemulege]

Pescador - 1-4-2014 at 12:56 PM

Geez, Chick-Fil-A had their problems and a group got together to show support for them and the lines were unbelivable. Perhaps that is what we need to do for the Pizza place. I think I have a sudden hankering for scarfing pizza tonight. We usually play at La Bahia in San Lucas Cove on Saturdays, but there is some stupid football game on tonight that is going to take precedence, so guess I will go try the pizza.

Mulegena - 1-4-2014 at 01:32 PM

I went by there today and placed an order for our 5 pm Sunday outing, a grande size BBQ Chicken Pizza (with beans, extra)-- really good!

mulegemichael - 1-4-2014 at 01:52 PM

ok....my bad...and i apologize for bad mouthing your pizza before trying it...i was passing on info that i'd heard and that's not fair...again, my bad...we'll try your pies when we get back into town...sorry for all this crap; my fault...and thanks for putting your dogs away....see ya in feb.

mtnpop - 1-4-2014 at 02:06 PM

Good to hear the pizzas are great now... the first couple or 3 weeks they were comin out with a pretty black crust on the bottom,, He has since said that give him another try and he will discount it 25%... guess that is a pretty good start...
One thing about Mulege there isn't a shortage of pizza joints so you have your choice and favorite... since I am not a big pizza fan I don't know why I am even lookin at this thread...
The thread was about pizza not trucks, dogs, the man,, so guess that should be another thread if there is a problem... or just whack him...but since its been revealed,,, the white truck did back over a post in our park last year and took off like a scared cat... but I digress... back to pizza now.
sorry me too bad....

DavidE - 1-4-2014 at 02:22 PM

Being a "chef" maybe I should disqualify myself. But I have eaten what (?) sixty or so so-called-pizzas in Mexico and only a desperate homesick soul could call any of them anything but "A Flood Of Melted Cheese Over Chopped Pressed Ham And Canned mushrooms, with Maid-Rite tomato sauce". Maybe this Mulege pizza is better.

My daughter Brenda, decided to "do" pizza in the enramada. So I did the dough by hand (ugh - folded a hundred times), then tomato PASTE along with tomato sauce, honest-to-god pepperoni, fresh sliced mushrooms, sautéd onion and pimiento dulce (red and green bell pepper), quesos manchegos, y parmesanos. Sliced blood red saladita tomatoes, and chunks of piña. We cooked the pizzas in horno para pan. Sorta cheated and used leña guisachxe to fire the oven. Our hotel guests went nuts over the pizzas.

But alas, the store pizzas I've eaten so far in Mexico are every bit as sad as eating canned tamales in EUA.

I dearly hope the Mulege pizzas are indeed excellent because I shall certainly try one out!

divemulege - 1-4-2014 at 03:29 PM

Mulege Michael,
When you get back the first pizza is on me so you can get a fair shake!
Robert

Bajahowodd - 1-4-2014 at 05:54 PM

Quote:
I went by there today and placed an order for our 5 pm Sunday outing, a grande size BBQ Chicken Pizza (with beans, extra)-- really good!

BBQ chicken and beans may taste good, but it ain't pizza.

chuckie - 1-4-2014 at 06:30 PM

UH? Have you looked at the pizzas they offer in SoCal? Walnut with peaches? No cal Yogurt with fresh fruit? If ya dont like it dont buy it

willardguy - 1-4-2014 at 06:47 PM

pizza is in the eye of the beholder!

Hook - 1-4-2014 at 07:06 PM

Better keep movin', Bajahowodd. This is Chuckie's street corner for pimping pizza. :smug:

Pescador - 1-4-2014 at 07:09 PM

Okay, we went to Scotty's tonight and will save room for Pizza tomorrow. Does that mean we have to wear scarves to scarf Pizza?

Poor guys who only come down here for short vacations who are so "rule bound" that they probably get excited when they get something as exotic as fish tacos.

Guess I better bring the camera and post a picture of this deal.

Mulegena - 1-4-2014 at 07:24 PM

Yes, it's Scarf Sunday at Gato Gordo's

so bring your scarf to scarf whatever flavour pizza you fancy.

Chuckie, call 'em tonight and place your order for 5ish tomorrow so it'll be ready.

Specials

divemulege - 1-4-2014 at 08:54 PM

So you guys know also we are running weekly specials.

Sunday special is "buy any medium or large pizza and get a free order of spaghetti".

Thursdays special is "buy any medium or large pizza and all Corona and Pacifico is $1 per beer".

Are phone number is 615 153 0345 to order pizza. We start answering the phone at 4 pm unless you catch Laura in there earlier.

Thanks for everyone that has tried our pizza and special thanks for everyone that has come back and tried it with our new wood burning oven. It is a total difference and we are very happy to say it does not taste like "wet carpet" anymore! (Just joking Michael)

Pescador - 1-5-2014 at 08:00 AM

Okay, it is agreed we wear scarfs or is it scarves to our pizza bash this afternoon. I will bring the camera so that we can record this event for those who care.

Just do me a favor and don't invite the "weird" or is that "odd" reviewer of restaurants. I just might have the capacity and capability to figure out for myself whether the pizza is good.

And I am going to sit by Mulege Michael since he gets a free pizza maybe he will buy me a beer.

mulegemichael - 1-5-2014 at 08:16 AM

jim...i'll always buy ya a beer....especially when it's a buck!

Pescador - 1-5-2014 at 10:49 AM

Shoot, if it is only a buck I could probably afford to buy us both one. :lol::lol::lol:

chuckie - 1-5-2014 at 11:54 AM

Count me in (if you are buying);)

EnsenadaDr - 1-5-2014 at 12:00 PM

Maybe you should all wear your Charger or 49er shirts along with the scarts!!
Quote:
Originally posted by Pescador
Okay, it is agreed we wear scarfs or is it scarves to our pizza bash this afternoon. I will bring the camera so that we can record this event for those who care.

Just do me a favor and don't invite the "weird" or is that "odd" reviewer of restaurants. I just might have the capacity and capability to figure out for myself whether the pizza is good.

And I am going to sit by Mulege Michael since he gets a free pizza maybe he will buy me a beer.

mulegemichael - 1-5-2014 at 12:36 PM

doc, i'm from seahawks country...niners are an evil word up our way!

Jonno_aus - 1-5-2014 at 12:41 PM

Stopped their over a week ago on the drive down. Pretty good! Got the spag as well. Nice to sit out and enjoy the air around a fire while eating pizza. Yes, it's not mexican. But a wise man once said that man must not live on tacos de pescado alone. Very true.

Good service. Beer is cold. The staff - youngsters - did a good job at waiting. Maybe overly so. Not a negative. Maybe they just eager to impress.

Perhaps a chicken BBQ isn't exactly traditional Italian pizza - what is if you're not it Italy? - but it tastes good!

:yes:

Marc - 1-5-2014 at 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mulegemichael
doc, i'm from seahawks country...niners are an evil word up our way!

Looking forward to a Saint win next week. Gets us out of playing in that wet noisy hole.:yes::yes::yes:

Bajahowodd - 1-5-2014 at 05:55 PM

Quote:
UH? Have you looked at the pizzas they offer in SoCal? Walnut with peaches? No cal Yogurt with fresh fruit? If ya dont like it dont buy it

Did you perchance read my earlier posts about being from New York? Or about my friendship with the late Ed LaDou who is personally responsible for building Wolfgang Pucks empire and then creating the California Pizza Kitchen menu?

My original point was that "traditional pizza" never has all those ingredients on it. If you have never been to Naples(I have) you would find that the only pizza you could find is mostly cheese and tomato, or in some cases a single meat added such as pepperoni or sausage.

BajaRun - 1-5-2014 at 06:33 PM

Im in for some pizza. Robert was very cool to me when I was camping out at Punto Chivato last year and then I ran into him at his shop in Mulege. Thanks again for the fresh fish filleted perfectly !!

Don

willyAirstream - 1-5-2014 at 07:31 PM

I left Gato Gordo about an hour ago. At least 11 nomads were scarfing and in appropriate scarf attire. Pics will be posted soon. Fwiw, Gato Gordo is run by Laura and her 2 daughters.

chuckie - 1-5-2014 at 08:41 PM

Laura.............is awesome

Pescador - 1-6-2014 at 08:59 AM

Boy, I have seen some hijacks but this one takes the cake. Takes some real cerebral power to hijack a thread about Mexican Pizza restaurant to an American Football Game.

Anyway, we had some really great Pizza and a wonderful time and I promise we never got around to discussing the detractors and hijackers. If your ears had a subtle burning sensation, it must have been something else.

Pescador - 1-6-2014 at 09:03 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Did you perchance read my earlier posts about being from New York? Or about my friendship with the late Ed LaDou who is personally responsible for building Wolfgang Pucks empire and then creating the California Pizza Kitchen menu?

My original point was that "traditional pizza" never has all those ingredients on it. If you have never been to Naples(I have) you would find that the only pizza you could find is mostly cheese and tomato, or in some cases a single meat added such as pepperoni or sausage.

Part of the reason some of us find Mexico so wonderful is that for the most part we are able to avoid the pretentiousness and petty "correctness" that so prevails in the upper echelons in the United States. So please take your "traditional pizza" and sit on it while we enjoy a beer or maybe even a glass of wine (white or red doesn't really matter as long as we enjoy it) and save your frivoulous "instruction" for some one who really gives a hoot.

David K - 1-6-2014 at 09:47 AM

I would love to go to Mulegé for pizza as much as I would go to Playa Buenaventura for a cheeseburger! Foods, specially imported food ideas, are a great binder for us all. Embrace the differences!

Pizza weather

bajaguy - 1-6-2014 at 09:55 AM

Looks like you are all dressed for North Dakota (no disrepect to North Dakota or Pompano)........what were the temps there???

Pescador - 1-6-2014 at 10:07 AM

Actually the scarves were only for effect, the temps were pretty nice with just a light jacket. Probably mid to low 60's The wind had come up a little bit, but it was very comfortable.

Bajahowodd - 1-6-2014 at 05:50 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Part of the reason some of us find Mexico so wonderful is that for the most part we are able to avoid the pretentiousness and petty "correctness" that so prevails in the upper echelons in the United States. So please take your "traditional pizza" and sit on it while we enjoy a beer or maybe even a glass of wine (white or red doesn't really matter as long as we enjoy it) and save your frivoulous "instruction" for some one who really gives a hoot.

So, traditional American culture somehow gets in your way? I can think of a few items that you ought to sit on, too.

chuckie - 1-6-2014 at 11:47 PM

Stuff it Wodd....

Hook - 1-7-2014 at 05:58 AM

Looks like a good tomato sauce amount. I hate it when a pizza is all cheese.

Looks like a great location, too. Like a converted balcony in, say, Naples!!

Pizza Search

bajaguy - 1-7-2014 at 08:21 AM

As a first generation American of Italian descent, I KNOW pizza. My mother's family comes from a town in the mountains east of Naples.....

I have traveled to and had pizza in (called Pitsa or just Pie in our family) Naples, Venice, Genoa and Verdi........oh, that is Naples (Florida), Venice (California), Genoa and Verdi (Nevada)........Pizza is in the eye, or the mouth of the beholder.

I was going to comment about stuffed Pizza, but I'll let 'Wodd stuff it..............:lol:

PS: If you are in the srea south of Rosarito, stop by Ollie's Pizza at KM 41 on the free road.

[Edited on 1-7-2014 by bajaguy]

ligui - 1-7-2014 at 08:31 AM

Boy i've had enough pizza ..... i'm stuffed :tumble:

willardguy - 1-7-2014 at 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
As a first generation American of Italian descent, I KNOW pizza. My mother's family comes from a town in the mountains east of Naples.....

I have traveled to and had pizza in (called Pitsa or just Pie in our family) Naples, Venice, Genoa and Verdi........oh, that is Naples (Florida), Venice (California), Genoa and Verdi (Nevada)........Pizza is in the eye, or the mouth of the beholder.

I was going to comment about stuffed Pizza, but I'll let 'Wodd stuff it..............:lol:

PS: If you are in the srea south of Rosarito, stop by Ollie's Pizza at KM 41 on the free road.

[Edited on 1-7-2014 by bajaguy]
Ollies is wonderful, I think probably the best pizza ive had, but certainly no eddie la dou pie, you know,"hollywoods oddball genius of dough"! ;)

[Edited on 1-7-2014 by willardguy]

This thread "takes the cake"

Mulegena - 1-7-2014 at 12:47 PM

Laura, the owner and baker of Gato Gordo's, also made a special sweetbread called a "rosca" for King's Day/12th Night celebration.

My family was all over that bread-- never in their lives have they enjoyed such a good sweetbread!

Thank you, Laura and staff.

Pescador - 1-7-2014 at 03:34 PM

Quote:
Laura, the owner and baker of Gato Gordo's, also made a special sweetbread called a "rosca" for King's Day/12th Night celebration.

My family was all over that bread-- never in their lives have they enjoyed such a good sweetbread!

Thank you, Laura and staff.

I always thought Rosca tasted like cardboard cause I bought it at another bakery in a place I would rather not mention, but when Laura gave us a small sample at the "Pizza Scarf Event" I thought that was the best I had ever had. It was so good I would have even been happy to get the baby, but then I would hire the tamales done anyway.

I think Laura does everything well, great Pizza, good Rosca.

[Edited on 1-7-2014 by Pescador]

chuckie - 1-7-2014 at 04:15 PM

I agree...I have to go out that way in a bit and am going too stop and see if there is any left......

a change of tradition

Mulegena - 1-7-2014 at 04:32 PM

OK, Chuckie, but if you get the baby... you can get the pizza!

EnsenadaDr - 1-7-2014 at 04:54 PM

chuckie - 1-8-2014 at 03:11 AM

Good one doc!

divemulege - 1-10-2014 at 09:10 PM

Laura took a try and made some French Apple Pies today. They came out incredible. We sold two pies in pieces today and the customers said it was perfect. I will try to follow with a picture later.

motoged - 1-10-2014 at 10:31 PM

I hope to be in Mulege next week (Wed and Thurs at least/likely staying at the Hacienda) and am looking forward to trying the pizza.

Any folks want to have another "scarf" evening Thursday next week?

Mulegena - 1-11-2014 at 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by motoged
I hope to be in Mulege next week (Wed and Thurs at least/likely staying at the Hacienda) and am looking forward to trying the pizza.

Any folks want to have another "scarf" evening Thursday next week?

Chuckie, Brinloor, W.Airstream, Pescador-- shall we say 5'ish again?

Use mine

durrelllrobert - 1-11-2014 at 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by divemulege
Laura took a try and made some French Apple Pies today. They came out incredible. We sold two pies in pieces today and the customers said it was perfect. I will try to follow with a picture later.

They all look alike anyway

motoged - 1-11-2014 at 09:55 AM

5-ish sounds civilized to me....
....?
Now, which scarf shall I wear;D

I wonder what kind of pie ....for the entree.....and for dessert :?:

I will be there....hope some others will as well....:saint:

chuckie - 1-11-2014 at 11:58 AM

Barbara and I are on a road trip to Loreto Thursday, if we get back in time..SURE!

Mulegena - 1-11-2014 at 05:18 PM

Good for you, Chuckie. Enjoy the outing, and please come if you can. You gotta eat sometime.

I just spoke with Brinloor. She and I will be there with Motoged, Thursday 5ish.

Anybody else?

Pescador - 1-12-2014 at 08:40 AM

If this keeps up, I am going to have to move to Mulege. Let's see. Thursday for pizza, Friday for French dip at Scotty's, Saturday morning carnitas at Danny's. We need high speed rail from Santa Rosalia to Mulege.

watizname - 1-12-2014 at 09:39 AM

Quote:
If this keeps up, I am going to have to move to Mulege. Let's see. Thursday for pizza, Friday for French dip at Scotty's, Saturday morning carnitas at Danny's. We need high speed rail from Santa Rosalia to Mulege.

There's a guy here in California named Jerry Brown that's BIG on short streches of high speed rail. It would be nice if you could entice him to Mulege to set that up for you. :cool:

GatoGordo - 1-12-2014 at 11:08 AM

Thank you guys for all your post and comments, is a big effort to bring all the ingredients from States to make the best pizza and bakery, we will not stop doing our best. Now I add to the menu French Apple Pie that is really good, made with fresh apples.
If you guys has FB you can like us to know about our promotions and you can tag your pictures to.
Thanks a lot
Laura

[Edited on 1-13-2014 by GatoGordo]

divemulege - 1-16-2014 at 11:11 AM

Fresh Cinnamon Rolls tonight at 5 pm for all you that are craving them!

Advanced order please, 5 pm today

Mulegena - 1-16-2014 at 12:33 PM

Hi, Friends at Gato Gordo

At least 5 people will be in at 5 today.
Can you please have a Grande Vegetarian pizza ready to share at the table when we come in?
Also 2 tall glasses of wine, one Fume Blanc and the other Chardonnay?

We're bringing our appetites.
Thanks, Mulegena and Brinloor

There will be other orders, too, as soon as everybody collects. We're giving you a head's-up.

divemulege - 1-16-2014 at 01:46 PM

Got it. Pizza will be ready at 5 pm. Usual outside tables?

Mulegena - 1-16-2014 at 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by divemulege
Got it. Pizza will be ready at 5 pm. Usual outside tables?

Yep. T'ankz, Mon!

chuckie - 1-17-2014 at 04:12 AM

NOTE! The pizza was ready at 5 and was excellent!

Another most excellent evening at Gato Gordo's cafe in Mulege!

Mulegena - 1-17-2014 at 05:55 AM

Quote:
NOTE! The pizza was ready at 5 and was excellent!

So was the generously poured wine and cold beer!

So was the good company.

Thanks all 'round!

Brinloor - 1-17-2014 at 07:09 AM

Pescador - Check your U2U.

Pescador - 1-17-2014 at 08:19 AM

We gotta watch this, it could be habit forming. :spingrin::tumble:

motoged - 1-17-2014 at 08:58 AM

Mexican food-loving Nomads,
It was a pleasure meeting those who showed for pizza yesterday.

The pizza was good, the company.....stellar as usual ;D.

I spent the day with Mulege Al riding on some of his favourite roads and trails up and around San Jose Magdelena.....dusty, rocky, sandy, water crossings.....just what we needed :biggrin:... Thanks Al....a pleasure spending time with you .

Off to Bahia Asuncion to rustle up more Nomads and good Mexican food...:saint:

Barbareno - 2-5-2014 at 01:10 PM

Looks like 4 of us from Bahia Asuncion will be in Mulege tomorrow (Thurs Feb 6th). Where bouts is Gato Gordo's? Thinking we will be there between 5-6. Would love to meet other nomads if anyone is up to it.

Barb

Pages:  1