BajaNomad

who seriously offroads their dodge durango?

willardguy - 1-1-2014 at 02:40 PM

El Martillo Racing thats who.
these guys with headquarters in los cabos are goin for it in this years Dakar. seasoned baja racers it'll be fun to follow this team! 4 DAYS!:tumble:

[Edited on 1-1-2014 by willardguy]

weebray - 1-1-2014 at 04:25 PM

The real question is: Who takes anything Dodge makes seriously? That vehicle has about as much in common with a Dodge anything as a pit bull does with a field mouse.

willardguy - 1-1-2014 at 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by weebray
The real question is: Who takes anything Dodge makes seriously? That vehicle has about as much in common with a Dodge anything as a pit bull does with a field mouse.
REALLY??:rolleyes:

TMW - 1-2-2014 at 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by weebray

As with most vehicles in racing the name has little to do with what makes up the vehicle. Whether it's NASCAR or SCORE. Other than motorcycles and ATVs mosts SCORE race vehicles are no where close to their name sake. Trophy Trucks can have any modification upgrade you want as long as the body panels match the engine manufacture. The class 11 and stock truck classes come close but even they allow certain modifications.

To really be picky and technical the class 22 bikes are illegal. The spec is for bikes 250cc and larger. With only a few exceptions everyone rides a 249cc bike and that goes for all the MC and ATV classes except class 20.

willardguy - 1-2-2014 at 01:13 PM

listen, when you're matt campbell and you flip jimco the credit card to build you a OP:1 car, they'll be happy to put whatever carbon fiber/kevlar body you want on it. these guys also have a T4 truck and KTM rally bike entered (jeff quade on board.)
and yes TDub, ron burgundy is taking the helm :lol:

weebray - 1-2-2014 at 01:35 PM

REALLY????

chuckie - 1-2-2014 at 04:49 PM

Walker Evans took his very seriously, as did Jim Hall...I got in front of Walker at the Parker 400, in a class 1 car, and was accelerated way past my skills with his help...I take my Dodge Cummins (366000 miles) pretty seriously...4 days to Dakar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!