BajaNomad

New Year's Eve Early Dinner at Splash!

Gypsy Jan - 1-1-2014 at 04:39 PM

Them: "We are booked up!"

Us: "We just want an early dinner and we will not be here when the party people arrive."

Them: "Well, OK."

Our dinner was lovely. Fried oysters, clam chowder, seafood salad and absolutely delicious shrimp and fish tacos.

The glass of champagne I ordered wasn't very tasty (Andre?), but they replaced it immediately with a very nice glass of LA Cetto Cabernet.

Our very friendly and efficient server kept looking at us and I finally asked, "Do I know you?"

He replied, "My uncle, Ignacio del Rio, had his own restaurant near La Fonda Hotel and Restaurant and I would see you there in his restaurant all the time."

(Back Story: Ignacio del Rio is the former President and CEO of the, now defunct, Red Onion Mexican Restaurants chain.)

I asked, "How is he?"

He replied, ""Well, he is in Canada."

End Note: From now on, when I don't want to go into a long explanation when I am asked questions about family, I am simply going to reply, "They are in Canada."

[Edited on 1-2-2014 by Gypsy Jan]

durrelllrobert - 1-1-2014 at 04:46 PM

Poor guy. What did he do to deserve such punishment?

Bajafun777 - 1-1-2014 at 05:05 PM

We were in the bar at 6:30pm, as we had a 7pm reservation for yheir New Years Eve Dinner Party. Wow, it was very in fact this 6 course meal was handled very well with Nick making sure evetyone was happy. The D.J. really mixed the music selections up and slow dancing to "Old Blue Eyes" with my LOVE is always a FUN way to bring in the New Year! Take Care & Travel Safe---"No Hurry, No Worry. Just FUN" bajafun777:biggrin::biggrin: