BajaNomad

Crossed at Tecate SB today

mojo_norte - 1-2-2014 at 03:49 PM

Got the red light. asked if I had any beer or wine . He said they allow 6 bottles of Wine and a case of Beer. had a quick look in the camper. Tourist card ... First right then next right then next right. the guy who is usually there to move the cones was absent so I came back around and parked by the school. in and out in less than 10 minutes. No cops .

oladulce - 1-3-2014 at 08:00 AM

Thanks for the report.

What time of day did you cross? How thorough were they in your camper- open bathroom door? Lift up seat cushions? Gotta trip north coming up soon and the travel trailer and truck will be stuffed to the gills with "essentials" on the return trip south.

BOLARNR - 1-3-2014 at 07:44 PM

Crossed @ Tecate north bound @ 11:00am. About 1 hr 10min wait. Sent to secondary Ag. random selection. Yea right. Driving a H2. 1 hr later got cut loose with have a nice day.. The Ag guy was really nice, just had to look at everything. The Vag guy who went straight wasn't so lucky. They really grilled him and his wife in retribution I guess for not following the signs. Kinda reminded me of the "Scared Straight" series. Very rude of the female in charge. Advice: follow the signs when you get the green and go to the right. :fire:

David K - 1-4-2014 at 12:57 AM

It is a punishment for leaving the USA by the USA... Makes one either never want to go to Mexico again... or more likely never want to leave Baja again!!!

redhilltown - 1-10-2014 at 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
It is a punishment for leaving the USA by the USA... Makes one either never want to go to Mexico again... or more likely never want to leave Baja again!!!

Ain't dat the truth!!!!! As an older (ahem) guy who fishes and drives a simple Toyota truck I am tired of secondary...they HAVE my records when they pull me over...they HAVE 20+ years of perfect crossings without a problem and yet they pull me over while car after car after car goes thru without them knowing a damn thing...I want border security but from what I have seen I have zero zip nada confidence they are doing it right...sure, it is a great show of force but they have literally spent thousands of dollars of taxpayer money on checking me out over the years...maybe some of us are just easy targets so they can look good???