BajaNomad

Fuzzy Fur Balls Looking For Love

Barbareno - 1-3-2014 at 08:19 AM

Help is needed in Bahia Asuncion.

Yesterday we heard some whimpering, went to investigate and found 7 fat little puppies inside 2 lobster cages.

We got them out and gave them water and food. One has been adopted but there are 6 that are in need of homes.

Anyone?

[Edited on 1-5-2014 by Barbareno]

shari - 1-3-2014 at 08:26 AM

these are super cute puppies...mostly male and very very healthy and cuddly. They will be medium size doggies.Possible delivery to your location. I'm gonna take some irresistible puppy photos today.

Kudos to timo1 & Barbarena & Toni for rescuing them and giving them food & water.

Katiejay99 - 1-3-2014 at 09:32 AM

If anyone is coming down to Todos Santos I would love to have one.

Barbareno - 1-3-2014 at 09:48 AM

Way to go.....I know there is a couple in the camp site that are heading south. I will check with them. Just not sure how far south they are going. So you have first dibs. Male or female?

Katiejay99 - 1-3-2014 at 09:51 AM

Male is my preference but if there is an adorable female - I'll take her. :)

tjsue - 1-3-2014 at 09:57 AM

If you post the photos and information on the Facebook animal rescue groups in Baja, you should be able to get some help.

I think the Baja Animal Networking Group would be the most helpful.

[Edited on 1-3-2014 by tjsue]

Katiejay99 - 1-4-2014 at 12:29 PM

So Barbareno - do I have a puppy on the way? Did you find anyone coming this far?

Barbareno - 1-4-2014 at 12:44 PM

Still working on it .... should have an answer by tomorrow at the latest.....crossing fingers.

Katiejay99 - 1-4-2014 at 02:00 PM

THANKS!! :yes:

DavidE - 1-4-2014 at 02:30 PM

I am in no position to take on the responsibility of a pet, but I did stop be there yesterday because I am a true sucker for dogs, especially puppies.

Of course puppies have different personalities, one waddled up to me, and I did what all puppies adore, a gently squeezing massage all over his back. He fell down in utter ecstasy. Rolled over to get a belly-rub, and his little pink tongue was going in and out. When I stopped, he crawled atop my foot (shoe) and lay across it. He closed his eyes.

AGH! This almost broke my heart. I had to leave. But the little guys are plump and obviously in super good health. But I worry about damned coyotes!

shari - 1-4-2014 at 03:19 PM

we just got rid of one more to the orange salesman from Vizcaino...2 down, 5 to go. Here are some of the cutie pies...Katie, I'm sure we can figure out a ride down for your new pup in the next little while so choose which one you like best.

and my personal favorite

[Edited on 1-4-2014 by shari]

Katiejay99 - 1-4-2014 at 05:55 PM

Thanks Shari!! The first picture - the one on the left. Or if that one is not available, the last picture.

[Edited on 1-5-2014 by Katiejay99]

tjsue - 1-4-2014 at 07:25 PM

I like the black and white one, but I have no time for dogs, and Snickers wouldn't be very happy.

shari - 1-4-2014 at 07:59 PM

Katie...that guy is my favorite too...really sweet....not a flea on them either. OK, we will save him for you and try to figure out a way to puppy express him to you...maybe a Nomad will bring him???? We could send the pup on the bus to Vizcaino to be picked up at the bus terminal or the Pemex if need be...c'mon Nomads...puppy up for the cause...hahahaha.

Katiejay99 - 1-4-2014 at 08:41 PM

Thank you Shari - you're wonderful. Hopefully someone will be able to bring him down to Todos Santos. :bounce:

topic name change?

Whale-ista - 1-4-2014 at 10:11 PM

Thanks to everyone for helping with this situation. I dreaded reading it when it first appeared; the life of dogs can be rough in Baja.

As a dog owner (a rescue- she was abandoned as a young dog, with puppies of her own) "Abandoned puppies" sounds so disheartening and sad, so I'm delighted that they are in good hands and on the way to finding good homes...

So- could someone update the name of this post? Maybe "Rescued puppies in need of good homes"?

Just a thought.... thank you.

woody with a view - 1-4-2014 at 10:14 PM

is this the house just south of the go-down to the beach behind the new pemex? we saw a similar sitchiation in january. we tried to feed/catch the rascals but they didn't want to be saved. next days they were gone.....

Barbareno - 1-5-2014 at 04:41 AM

Woody these rascals are right in front of the house and across the road from we are at. Right by the horse corral.

Whale-ista I will see what I can do about changing the name of this thread.

shari - 1-5-2014 at 07:51 AM

good plan to change the name...love the new makeover...these are the healthiest abandoned puppies I've ever seen...shouldnt be a problem to find homes for these cuties. The owner of the mom was just plain lazy and cruel.

Thank you! Much better topic title!

Whale-ista - 1-5-2014 at 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barbareno
Woody these rascals are right in front of the house and across the road from we are at. Right by the horse corral.

Whale-ista I will see what I can do about changing the name of this thread.

They are adorable and healthy as well as fuzzy. Also photogenic.

Hope they all get permanent homes soon.:)

[Edited on 1-5-2014 by Whale-ista]

Ateo - 1-5-2014 at 10:58 AM

Good luck finding homes! These are cute little pups.

BajaBlanca - 1-5-2014 at 11:14 AM

they are so adorable !!!

Timo1 - 1-7-2014 at 02:08 PM

3 down 4 to go

Bajagypsy - 1-7-2014 at 02:15 PM

good thing I didn't see them prior to leaving, I may have had a puppy or two in my suitcase!

Barbareno - 1-8-2014 at 09:10 AM

Guess who showed up for dinner.....and she is still here this morning. The plot thickens...

reneske - 1-8-2014 at 10:49 PM

Too bad someone can't catch the Mom and get her fixed so there are no more pups. Thank you for caring so much and trying so hard to find them homes.

Whale-ista - 1-8-2014 at 11:12 PM

oh dear. these family reunions can be awkward...

pups to young YET!!

captkw - 1-8-2014 at 11:15 PM

hopeing for good homes for the pups FAST and getting..fixed...somehow that never sounds correct ?? But,,less strays the better..Next on the catwalk.....humans...LOL:lol:

Fuzzy Fur Balls Looking For Love?

durrelllrobert - 1-9-2014 at 10:12 AM

At first I thought you might be posting about this fuzzy fur ball:

kdvr.com/2014/01/.../video-mystery-object-turns-out-to-be-nest-of-spide...

edit to change video

[Edited on 1-9-2014 by durrelllrobert]

Timo1 - 1-9-2014 at 12:24 PM

I'll be damned

Just went over to check on the herd and they're all gone including the mother

The barriers I put up on the lobster traps are all stacked back up neatly

I have no idea what went down but I hope they went home

bajacalifornian - 1-9-2014 at 01:00 PM

Maybe mom admonished them to behave, or she's finished counseling . . . hope you get them back.

Have to be better off in your hands.

Damn I've been thinking of one, but cannot happen.

Timo1 - 1-9-2014 at 01:03 PM

It wasn't mom Jeff

Mom wouldn't stack the lobster doors I had in front of the trap doors ...unless
she is VERY talented LOL

Someone came and took the whole bunch and cleaned up

That is a mystery

BajaLuna - 1-9-2014 at 01:40 PM

Hope they are going to be ok and are in good hands.

hopefully the mystery will be revealed

Barbareno - 1-9-2014 at 02:09 PM

I am gobsmacked. They were all there this morning when I fed them....and now poof.

tjsue - 1-9-2014 at 02:51 PM

I hope you get them back.

jimgrms - 1-9-2014 at 03:04 PM

Offer a reward to the kid's in the Area

Perhaps the Mother Dog Wanted to Protect and Reclaim her Puppies

Gypsy Jan - 1-9-2014 at 06:47 PM

She was feral and you brought her puppies to your home in a good-intentioned effort to take care of them, but she might have interpreted that as a very threatening situation and did what she could to regain control of her family, i.e., she may have dug under or broken through your fence area in order to reclaim them.

Katiejay99 - 1-9-2014 at 07:09 PM

Well heck - there went my puppy. I hope they are okay.

Barbareno - 1-10-2014 at 06:45 AM

Gypsy Jan they never were in our yard. They were across the street. When the mom showed up, about after a week that the pups had been there, I was under the impression that she had been looking for them. She was in good shape, nice coat and not skinny. She must belong to someone around here. When we would go up on the top deck here to take a look, we could see that she was almost like trying to coax them to follow her.

I would like to think that the owner's of the dog and pups had second thoughts, especially when momma went missing. I like happy endings.

;D

Timo1 - 1-10-2014 at 06:59 AM

We never took the pups anywhere

We fed and watered them exactly where we found them after extracting them from inside the lobster traps

If the owners were using the traps to hold the pups for a few days while they were away then they would have left food and water with them

We were hoping for an ending like this

tjsue - 1-13-2014 at 11:49 AM

Any word on the puppies?

Timo1 - 1-13-2014 at 11:53 AM

A very ashamed owner came and got them

I guess the locals may have made him feel bad

tjsue - 1-13-2014 at 01:47 PM

I hope they're being taken care of, and the owner will get mama and the puppies spayed and neutered (but I doubt it).

Kgryfon - 1-13-2014 at 06:31 PM

We'll that's a sort of good news. At least they are back home!

Pompano - 1-13-2014 at 06:40 PM

Would make quite an opera....with some strange twists.