BajaNomad

Loreto info please

durrelllrobert - 1-9-2014 at 09:42 AM

I have 2 friends coming down from the US in march. They plan to spend the night of March 8th at my house in Punt Banda and were going to drive to Loreto on the 9th. I already told the about the highway situation for getting to Ensenada and also advised them about not driving on MX-1 at night, filling up in El Rosario and spending the night of the 9th in Guerrero Negro.

They gave me this shopping list for stuff they want to know about Loreto (never been there before):

1 -Normal weather conditions for early March
Day time high
Night time Low
Wind
Water temperature
Clothing

2- Fishing
Daily cost & recommendation for panga rental
What's biting
Clothing

3 Accommodations
Mid & Low price hotel recommendation / cost
Availability of tent camping on beach / cost

4. Food and drink
Mid price restaurant recommendation
Street Food recommendations
Bar recommendations

I'll forward anything you post during the next 6 weeks

LaTijereta - 1-9-2014 at 06:33 PM

Keep it Simple..

1. Expect windy days..mild temps..wind breaker for on the water...
2. About $200 a day for panga w/ guide..bring your own gear.. Yellowtail and bottom fishing around the islands..
3.Coco Cabanas... Oasis Hotel.. $80 for a double.. Beach camping at Juncalito..
4. Del Rey and Tacos Problano for lunch/ dinner.. Orlando's and Oasis Hotel for breakfest..
Happy Hour at Augie's Bar and Bait on the malacon.. El Rodeo if they are looking for "Anthonys"..

Happy Trails..

Travelinleah - 1-11-2014 at 06:38 PM

We stayed at Posada del Cortes a few nights, clean and new, about $60/night for 2, around the corner from Mike's Bar. Highly recommended for lodging.

durrelllrobert - 1-11-2014 at 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Travelinleah
We stayed at Posada del Cortes a few nights, clean and new, about $60/night for 2, around the corner from Mike's Bar. Highly recommended for lodging.

Thanks, I'll forward that.