BajaNomad

La Bahia Restaurant and Music

Pescador - 1-9-2014 at 02:00 PM

Rene and Janene run a great seafood restaurant in San Lucas Cove called the Bahia Restaurant and we are currently playing live music on Saturday evenings. Chuckie and a couple of others asked. We were going to postpone during football season but had a lot of requests to continue so I put up some windbreak today and it looks like things will work very well. After football season we will probably return to Sunday afternoons. We will start this saturday around 4.

David K - 1-9-2014 at 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pescador
Rene and Janene run a great seafood restaurant in San Lucas Cove called the Bahia Restaurant and we are currently playing live music on Saturday evenings. Chuckie and a couple of others asked. We were going to postpone during football season but had a lot of requests to continue so I put up some windbreak today and it looks like things will work very well. After football season we will probably return to Sunday afternoons. We will start this saturday around 4.

For those wondering where San Lucas Cove is...

On the far right, 9.4 miles south of Santa Rosalia, see San Lucas:

Pescador - 1-9-2014 at 09:44 PM

Thanks David. I think that clears up the confusion about San Lucas and Cabo San Lucas. Now I understand how people who live in Ensenada or Tijuans feel when they post something about the area and those of us who live in Baja California Sur wonder where that might be.

David K - 1-10-2014 at 12:32 AM

No worries Pescador, I actually didn't even think of 'Cabo San Lucas'... Just didn't think a lot of folks may know 'San Lucas Cove' or what state/ area it was in, etc.

Back before Hwy. 1, it was (even) then a big military base and the giant dirt runway also provided civil air service for Santa Rosalia. My dad bought some avgas (aviation fuel) there for our Wagoneer, and I remember him commenting how the Jeep felt like it wanted to fly... after many hundreds of dirt miles and gas siphoned out of drums (1966)! So, to me San Lucas Cove has fond memories!

chuckie - 1-10-2014 at 04:17 PM

Dang it! I thought you said Friday..I took a shower and put on clean shirt and was headed out the door when I read this...Seeya Saturday...

tiotomasbcs - 1-10-2014 at 05:21 PM

Fresh undies and cologne?! Cuidado! Tio

Bajahowodd - 1-10-2014 at 05:58 PM

What's with the "we"? Are you an owner? Just asking.

[Edited on 1-11-2014 by Bajahowodd]

BajaRun - 1-10-2014 at 06:07 PM

I have accidentally driven past the entrance to San Lucas Cove 3 times while heading northbound. And once you pass it there isn't a very good (safe) place to turn around for quite a ways ahead. So I have never been there...

Is the entrance just past the Militar Base ? I really want to stop in and have a few cervezas y comida sometime

chuckie - 1-10-2014 at 06:31 PM

Uh! Wodd (apt)Why are you "just asking" I have never met you, but imagine you live in a condo, drive a white SUV....WTF does your question have to do with good music and good food...Just asking...

yellowklr - 1-10-2014 at 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd

No he is part of the "entertainment"

Bajahowodd - 1-11-2014 at 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by yellowklr
Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd

No he is part of the "entertainment"

The folks in Mulege are actually glad to know.

Bajahowodd - 1-11-2014 at 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
Uh! Wodd (apt)Why are you "just asking" I have never met you, but imagine you live in a condo, drive a white SUV....WTF does your question have to do with good music and good food...Just asking...

Why are you so cranky? Just asking. And just so you know, I do live in a condo after I sold my house in Topanga for a tidy profit. And I don't drive an SUV no matter the color.

chuckie - 1-11-2014 at 06:36 PM

Maybe you should go to Baja sometime...Have you ever been there? Just asking......

Pescador - 1-12-2014 at 08:37 AM

Something tells me this could be as bad as the Pizza review. Some people just suffer from rectal--cranial inversions.

For Chuckie and the others. Normally Darlene from Canada, Myself, and Baja Buddha play on Sunday afternoon to evening. Folk, older country-western, and easy rock and roll, with a smattering of Mexican songs thrown in for good measure. Buddha is on temporary leave while football season is going as he is a big fan. So Darlene and I have been playing on Saturday evenings until football season is over and then we will switch back to Sundays. We started this to give a little attendance boost to our friends who run the restaurant.

We had a great turnout last night and the seafood dinners were spectacular.

We do the same thing a couple of times a month at Punta Chivato, normally on a friday night.

chuckie - 1-12-2014 at 01:08 PM

Thats why I had the porthole put in my belly button:biggrin:

Pompano - 1-12-2014 at 02:25 PM

Sounds like good fun...and I have not had lunch at a San Lucas Cove eatery since..1975. It might be time by now!

Bajahowodd - 1-13-2014 at 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
Maybe you should go to Baja sometime...Have you ever been there? Just asking......

First time 1983. How about you?

Have to admit that while we have often driven as far as La Paz and Cabo, Usually four times a year. There was a time when we went to Ensenada at least twice a month. The stupid Homeland security mierda del toro causing the huge long line at the border has had its affect on us, because it just ain't worth a three hour wait in line for a two day weekend

chuckie - 1-14-2014 at 01:24 AM

Nah, 1st timer....But my twin has owned a place in Mulege since 1979..First trips in 1956 while stationed in San Diego....1st driving trip to La Paz on the Camino Viejo in about 1961....Pretty much full time for the past 10 or so...I can understand and sympathize what a trial a 3 hour wait must be for an important person...Whats a "weekend"?

Bajahowodd - 1-14-2014 at 05:47 PM

And just why would you call me an important person?