BajaNomad

Hierba Buena in Pescadero

Islandbuilder - 1-9-2014 at 05:10 PM

I heard about a new place in Todos Santos that specializes in organic, home grown produce. So I drove over today from La Paz to check it out. (the new by-pass is open)

They have only been open for 2 months, but the gardens and buildings are really beautiful, the kitchen well equipped and the menu features all fresh ingredients.

I had seared Yellow Tail with a salad. It came with fresh roasted baby carrots, the cost was $170mx

If you're in the Todos Santos area, it's worth getting a bit off the road to check this place out.

They also sell their produce directly, so you can use fresh ingredients in your home-made meals.

Turn just past the Pemex/Oxxo on the road to Rancho Pescadero. Hierba Buena is about 2/3 of the way to the beach from the highway.

[Edited on 1-10-2014 by Islandbuilder]

pauldavidmena - 1-13-2014 at 07:16 AM

good to know. We'll be staying in nearby San Pedrito and will be sure to check it out.

sequoyah - 1-13-2014 at 09:57 AM

Is this the same guy who sells his produce in the La Paz farmers market? Gringo? Has great produce.

monoloco - 1-13-2014 at 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sequoyah
Is this the same guy who sells his produce in the La Paz farmers market? Gringo? Has great produce.
No. Here's more info:

http://pescaderolife.com

Bob H - 1-18-2014 at 09:56 AM

We gotta get down that way again soon. It's been over 15 years since we passed through that area.