BajaNomad

Property taxes

Osprey - 1-16-2014 at 10:05 AM

Just paid the property taxes on my house in La Ribera. Same as last year. I don't mind paying it because I figure it's part of the reason the little village runs like a Swiss Clock. $12 bucks. (the manifestacion was less than half that amount when I did that = $5.38.)

[Edited on 1-16-2014 by Osprey]

Bajajorge - 1-16-2014 at 10:46 AM

Just paid mine in San Felipe, did it online. $52.04USD.

monoloco - 1-16-2014 at 11:08 AM

We paid 730 pesos, which is at least 729 pesos more than the services we receive from the state. I guess it costs money to be left alone.:lol:

schwlind - 1-16-2014 at 04:30 PM

Our taxes this year at San Antonio Del Mar (near Colonet) are 5,162 pesos which works out to be just shy of $400. I'm not complaining! (we receive no services btw)

[Edited on 1-16-2014 by schwlind]

Udo - 1-16-2014 at 06:10 PM

In Bahia Asunción, the taxes on the house and front lot were 656 Pesos.

Quote:
Originally posted by Osprey
Just paid the property taxes on my house in La Ribera. Same as last year. I don't mind paying it because I figure it's part of the reason the little village runs like a Swiss Clock. $12 bucks. (the manifestacion was less than half that amount when I did that = $5.38.)

[Edited on 1-16-2014 by Osprey]

chumlee57 - 1-16-2014 at 08:33 PM

If you pay before the 1st of the year, they give you a discount, ours in Santa Rosalia area would have been 1558 pesos, but everybody gets a 30% discount if paid prior to Jan 1st. So, it was 1094 pesos. I think we should all be ready to shell out a few more pesos in the future, Mexico seems to stepping out of the 19th century, not advocating this, but just saying, alot of there politicians have been educated here in the ol USA:cool:

BajaParrothead - 1-16-2014 at 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by schwlind
Our taxes this year at San Antonio Del Mar (near Colonet) are 5,162 pesos which works out to be just shy of $400. I'm not complaining! (we receive no services btw)

schwlind are on a fidecomisio? (sorry if the spelling is off) Our lot in Los Barriles as a tax of approximately $35.00 and we have the title. Out friends across the street on the exact same size lot are paying $450, but they have a fidi.
Will be nice if the president signs the no-fidi bill.

bajafreaks - 1-17-2014 at 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaParrothead
Quote:
Originally posted by schwlind

schwlind are on a fidecomisio? (sorry if the spelling is off) Our lot in Los Barriles as a tax of approximately $35.00 and we have the title. Out friends across the street on the exact same size lot are paying $450, but they have a fidi.
Will be nice if the president signs the no-fidi bill.

I just looked mine up and with the discount its up to $643.00 for my lot in Buena Vista. Its gone up about $120.00 in the 7 years we've had it.

MitchMan - 1-17-2014 at 12:06 PM

My property taxes in La Paz went up 200% this year. Went to the Catastro to see why and they said that when I bought the property in 2008, they did not immediately readjust their valuation until this year. So, those who buy by way of a fido may get low prop taxes until such time as the gov updates their records.

Also, for those over 60 years of age, you can get a "Tarjeta Inapam" which is an ID card for the elderly. With the card, you can get up to 50% off on bus rides and other commodities. I was told that the card entitles the holder to a discount up to 50% off on property taxes of their residence. I got the card this week, but was told by the Catastro that I am not entitled to the 50% prop tax discount because I have a fido for my Mexican home, as such, I am not actually the title holder of the property...the bank is, and the discount is limited to fee title holders. Also, in spite of the fact that I am a "Residente Permanente", even if I did have title to the property in my own name, I am not a Mexican citizen and therefore not entitled to the discount.