BajaNomad

Lots of info for me on this blog

Cliffy - 1-18-2014 at 09:38 AM

I'm sure this blog has been mentioned before as I am a newbie on this forum but I came across this while reading old posts

http://rollybrook.com/Page%20Directory.htm

I found it very interesting.

David K - 1-18-2014 at 09:43 AM

Interesting, so the FMM is also a thing of the past?

http://rollybrook.com/how_to_move_to_mexico.htm#visa

Here is just some of that page:

How do I get a visa for México?

There are three kinds of visas – Visitante, Residente Temporal. and Residente Permanente. Each comes in several verities, but we will only be concreted with the general, non-working forms.

Visitante is the common tourist visa that is issued as you enter the country and which you must turn in as you exit the country. It is the new replacement for the FMM. It is good for a maximum of 180 days. It cannot be renewed. If you wish to stay more than 180 days, you will have to return to the border, turn in your expiring Visitante and get a new one. There is a persistent myth that you cannot do that -- only one per year. That is bunk.

If you fly into México, you will be given the simple Visitante visa form on the plane where you can fill it out between bumps, so you’ll have it ready for immigration when you get off the plane. The cost is included in the price of your ticket. If you walk, drive or boat into México, you will be given the form at the immigration office. You will have to pay a charge of about US$25. You'll have to pay at a bank. Some border offices have a bank near-by, most don't. If your stay is no more than 7 days, you do not need to pay.

Visitante Fees
Visitante without permission to engage in gainful activity $306 pesos

Visitante with permission to engage in gainful activity $2,350 pesos...

[Edited on 1-18-2014 by David K]

sancho - 1-18-2014 at 02:03 PM

Rolly has been for yrs. been. one of the go too spots for
info., generally the Mainland and living in Mex, tech info
about Mex. Info/requirements regarding Mex are at times, shall we say fluid. Before
the internet when I started bumping around Mex, there
literally were 3 items you could glean ANY info. from, AAA Baja map,
AAA Baja Travel guide, I still carry one from the early
'80's and T Miller Baja Book, so much more info
available now

Cliffy - 1-18-2014 at 08:57 PM

Years ago I had all 3 of the above mentioned items also when I was going to Gonzaga and B of LA regularly. Airports of Baja was another one I carried.
I guess AAA has given up on Baja.

Hook - 1-18-2014 at 10:47 PM

He is retiring very soon, isnt he?

The yucalandia site is turning into the most valuable one in replacing rollybrook. You Baja residents will want to start paying attention to it when you have to start getting car permits for Baja. :saint:

David K - 1-19-2014 at 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cliffy
Years ago I had all 3 of the above mentioned items also when I was going to Gonzaga and B of LA regularly. Airports of Baja was another one I carried.
I guess AAA has given up on Baja.

No more AAA mapping or guidebooks of Baja... at least made by AAA staff (Auto Club of Southern California). So sad, after 80 years to stop making maps and guides to the peninsula!