BajaNomad

TMobile in MX charges for Jan 16-21 using IPhone for calls/texts

Whale-ista - 1-22-2014 at 11:28 AM

So I took my IPhone to the lagoons, which actually had intermittent/weak service from time to time. Un milagro!

I made several calls and sent lots of texts including some w/photos, and also used wifi where available. WiFi calls are free- I need to practice doing that vs. cell calls for future trips.

I just called TMobile customer service and confirmed my usage çharges for the last 5 days: $5 for the calls to work (I was delayed returning), family (checking in) and to reschedule missed appointments, and $0.00 for texts. However I could not get the email or browser on the Iphone to work.

And oddly, to text from US into MX is $.20/each. To send text from MX anywhere is free... makes no sense to me, but happy to be able to use my own phone/plan and roam via TelCel and/or MovieStar and not have huge bills when I get home.

BajaNomad - 1-22-2014 at 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Whale-ista

And oddly, to text from US into MX is $.20/each. To send text from MX anywhere is free...

They have "additional" plans to "choose" from for that:

- $7/mo for unlimited texts from the USA to any international user.
- $10/mo for "International Talk & Text" with unlimited texts from the USA to over 200 countries, and no additional charge for voice calls from the USA to landlines in over 70 countries.

http://www.t-mobile.com/optional-services/international-serv...

BajaNomad - 1-22-2014 at 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Whale-ista

I could not get the email or browser on the Iphone to work.

I found there were particular service areas and/or certain times of day when I would get roaming phone service, but no data service was available.

thank you

Whale-ista - 1-23-2014 at 01:01 AM

good to know. as I spend more time (and money) over border I may change plan.