BajaNomad

giant wall maps baja available again!!

capt. mike - 1-22-2014 at 02:26 PM

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=3331

have the only one left, mint no markings, not used. Mfgr says will not make more.

take $50 plus $12 flat rate shipping USA.

paypal add 3% or check [hold to clear]

PM me if you like.

[Edited on 1-24-2014 by capt. mike]

David K - 1-22-2014 at 05:30 PM

It is huge and would cover much of a wall in your Baja room, office, business!

capt. mike - 1-23-2014 at 01:11 PM

sorry all who replied but this went to 1st respondent in an hour or so of my posting. If i can get more , a long shot, i'll announce here. Problem is NOAA charts division discontued these tactical aviation maps i think due to electronic mapping now so prevalent. I E - military no longer uses or needs.

capt. mike - 1-23-2014 at 05:01 PM

ok, news update for others who inquired - i have found an archiver who has the charts on digital file only, meaning i have to buy the files and have them printed at a reprographics place. so - am looking into this to find where the costs will be.
however since thay are scanned i can have them build a sub file which will give my only the baja peninsula portion of what was before a 3 map assemblage which included some of Sonora and sea of cortez, and a large part of the pacific off baja.

then i can print that custom section in 2 parts to make just the baja at topo and color with a super scale of 1:500,000.

I won't be able to price yet but if you are familiar with the old McMahan maps mine were about twice as big in scale. Stay tuned.

picture available - see lower post

capt. mike - 1-24-2014 at 11:16 AM

Update - my original distributor went thru the warehouse and found some originals, NOS. Inventory is limited and the price has gone up. I'm still confirming shipping from him but the 3 map set will be $125 plus shipping [should be fairly cheap but need to confirm, maybe $12 or so flat rate]

any who still want a set you can PM me here. We can do paypal add 3% or send a check. I'll post the net $$ after i get the shipping cost later today.

the other source mentioned above with gov't digital archives is way too pricey thus far, about a buck per 25 SQ Mi and still would have to be printed at cost.

[Edited on 1-24-2014 by capt. mike]

wall mounted 7 ft x 6 ft

capt. mike - 1-24-2014 at 12:49 PM

here's one on a wall

oops - no upload picture area on this one??!!

giant wall maps baja available again!!

capt. mike - 1-24-2014 at 12:53 PM

here's a picture

never mind, i can't see how to upload, been a while, format changed???

BajaNomad - 1-24-2014 at 01:04 PM

Images for classifieds need to be hosted by a third-party site.

:biggrin:

[Edited on 1-24-2014 by BajaNomad]

David K - 1-24-2014 at 02:57 PM

Mike, if you email the file to me I will post it hear for you (should you not set up a Photobucket account, set the upload size to 800 pixels, and post the IMG link here).

capt. mike - 1-24-2014 at 03:40 PM

ok, sent to DK. thx for explaining Doug.

i will start a new thread as i just got the price and shipping finaled.

David when you see that one could you put the picture there? thx!

David K - 1-24-2014 at 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
ok, sent to DK. thx for explaining Doug.

i will start a new thread as i just got the price and shipping finaled.

David when you see that one could you put the picture there? thx!

You bet Mike, el gusto es mio!

Capt. Mike's Wall Map

David K - 1-24-2014 at 03:56 PM

A little cropping, etc.

David K - 1-24-2014 at 04:57 PM

So you can see a bit more of this map.

Ateo - 1-24-2014 at 08:14 PM

I would love to have this map if I had a wall that big. Maybe someday.

Desertbull - 1-24-2014 at 08:20 PM

Sign me up...

David K - 1-24-2014 at 11:55 PM

Mike started a new thread here: http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=71819

I added a close up of a small area on this giant map to show you the detail in the new thread.