BajaNomad

BLESSED RAIN in Asunción

DavidE - 1-24-2014 at 04:13 PM

Off again, on again. Light. Started around 0300. Vegetation is getting a thorough soaking. The desert is going to go green. The cows are going to less scrawny, and the temperature isn't low but humidity is high and clammy. A good day for hot corn chowder, cheese sandwiches...

sancho - 1-24-2014 at 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE
A good day for hot corn chowder, cheese sandwiches...

What NO dill pickles, just kidding DE, here in So. Cal it
is the Endless Summer, 80 in LA everyday,
nada preception, the Sierra
snowpack 3 weeks ago was 20%, heard the other day
it was 8%, any rain dancers available?

DavidE - 1-24-2014 at 04:30 PM

Make Dill Pickles

Rain Will Come...

Love how it works. No rain. Water rationing. Brown lawns. Water company says no sales, no profit must raise rates. Rain returns, rates do not go down.

Isn't it GREAT how algore is in hiding?

California needed a giant pipeline coming from Washington state and British Columbia. I wrote to senators. Nope, the pipeline would melt because of global warming. What happens when a person lets failed lawyers think for them...

willardguy - 1-24-2014 at 04:40 PM

Quote:
Make Dill Pickles

Rain Will Come...

Love how it works. No rain. Water rationing. Brown lawns. Water company says no sales, no profit must raise rates. Rain returns, rates do not go down.

California needed a giant pipeline coming from Washington state and British Columbia. I wrote to senators. Nope, the pipeline would melt because of global warming. What happens when a person lets failed lawyers think for them...
how bout this eidell, take your pickles and your politics elsewhere!:rolleyes:

[Edited on 1-24-2014 by willardguy]

willardguy - 1-24-2014 at 06:08 PM

we could have a discussion about whether or not the davids are nuttier than squirrel turds or a discussion about al gore and global warming. my point is, are either appropriate here. WELL? :rolleyes:

jureal - 1-24-2014 at 06:24 PM

I agree with one of you..... lol

But true, no political rants, please

David K - 1-24-2014 at 06:33 PM

Well... a deep subject. We should not fear free speech of opinions or facts. I am tired of debating so reply removed and hope we can return to Baja where my heart is.

rts551 - 1-24-2014 at 06:33 PM

Glad to see David K removed his political rant post.... thats 1/2 the Davids

Bajaboy - 1-24-2014 at 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Well... a deep subject. We should not fear free speech of opinions or facts. I am tired of debating so reply removed and hope we can return to Baja where my heart is.

I'm still waiting to see some facts:lol:

willardguy - 1-24-2014 at 06:44 PM

political jabs? no problem, you just throw em out there and hide!;D

vgabndo - 1-24-2014 at 06:50 PM

The rain all over the peninsula was great. The delivery of my landsailer mast took place this afternoon in Vizcaino, and David, a lurking Nomad, who brought it, said he used his wipers all day from El Rosario. Between here and the junction with the Tortugas road this afternoon I had to take the wipers off intermittent, and the truck was leaving a spray trail! There were puddles in the low spots. I'm anxious to see how the desert responds. Them's the facts.:coolup:

mtgoat666 - 1-24-2014 at 07:36 PM

So 1 day of rain in central Baja, in January, observed by a couple partisans, refutes most all climate research results?

looked like it wanted to rain Tuesday...

Whale-ista - 1-24-2014 at 08:09 PM

thought I saw rain clouds while driving north. wish I could have stayed for the storm!

Once I got north of El Rosario the weather got misty/damp but no rain. darn. my garden could use a good soak here in San Diego.

shari - 1-24-2014 at 09:22 PM

After a couple months of gorgeous summer weather...the lovely off & on again rain today was blessed AND we got to sit on the couch and watch Corazon Vaquero with a couple of pack guides!

It cleared up enough for a sunset walk to La Vigia...the village was bathed in gold with everything so fresh and clean!

our guests asked us if there were frigate birds here...hardly ever...only in a summer storm have I seen them...and today!

Have a wonderful weekend amigos...the swell is building again...wooo hooo and tomorrow is ghromp taco saturday!!!

Barbareno - 1-25-2014 at 05:33 AM

With all the rain we had yesterday I think these doves looked more peeved then blessed. :saint:

[Edited on 1-25-2014 by Barbareno]

And once the rain soaked in a bit...a week later.

vgabndo - 2-1-2014 at 10:24 AM

woody with a view - 2-1-2014 at 10:27 AM

NICE!

BajaBlanca - 2-1-2014 at 12:40 PM

Really nice shots of vivid color.

Pescador - 2-1-2014 at 12:45 PM

Quote:
Make Dill Pickles

Rain Will Come...

David, were you seriously abused as a child?

Udo - 2-2-2014 at 09:31 AM

Beautiful photos, Shari...were those taken by natural lighting, or did you use a filter?

shari - 2-2-2014 at 09:56 AM

those were the actual colours in the photos...no filter...the whole town was bathed in glorious golden light!

BajaRat - 2-3-2014 at 08:35 AM

We finally got snow after a 40 day record breaking dry spell.
If this keeps up we will be in for a hell on earth fire season. :no: