BajaNomad

La Bocana with Pedro Sors - video

BajaBlanca - 1-30-2014 at 06:14 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLnTCYTjBIM&list=UUOaOUx...

About minute 10ish you will see a quick glimpse of Les and I at the new beach restaurant enjoying a wonderful meal with the crew of 2 different filming groups.

Ateo - 1-30-2014 at 06:21 PM

11:09 to be exact. =)

That music playing in the background is some of my favorites from Depeche Mode.

[Edited on 1-31-2014 by Ateo]

BajaBlanca - 1-30-2014 at 06:59 PM

:biggrin:

My neighbor saw us on TV last week and told me to look it up....imagine that!

Thanks Ateo.

dtbushpilot - 1-30-2014 at 07:55 PM

Cool video, I wish my Spanish was better. It was good of him to release the grouper.

Should they have had a bunch of bugs in their fish box?

churro - 1-30-2014 at 09:57 PM

Cool Video!

BajaBlanca - 1-31-2014 at 08:36 AM

The Spanish Fly is the boat that was bought from the Jose Wejebe family by Julio Mesa. It is a beautiful boat!

Udo - 1-31-2014 at 10:38 AM

Nice endorsement for your place, Blanca...and the fishing was outstanding also.

BajaBlanca - 1-31-2014 at 04:29 PM

Udo, just to be clear, the cabanas they showed are the new ones our local fishing cooperative built! They are working really hard to promote tourism so as to create a future for their kids who are going to college but want to return to La Bocana afterwards. They are doing a great job, obviously with a learning curve (they are charging more to go fishing here than Cabo does. REALLY?)

Our place is a B&B and this is what we look like:

Http://www.labocanahotel.com

Come on down and visit, it really is a beautiful drive from Asuncion to here, IF you take it slow and Especially IF the grader has just gone over the road. ((:

Udo - 1-31-2014 at 07:35 PM

I am guessing that the bugs were not legal, and that is why Pedro put on a sheepish grin when the bugs were in the video.

Quote:
Originally posted by dtbushpilot
Cool video, I wish my Spanish was better. It was good of him to release the grouper.

Should they have had a bunch of bugs in their fish box?

DJL - 1-31-2014 at 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
Udo, just to be clear, the cabanas they showed are the new ones our local fishing cooperative built! They are working really hard to promote tourism so as to create a future for their kids who are going to college but want to return to La Bocana afterwards. They are doing a great job, obviously with a learning curve (they are charging more to go fishing here than Cabo does. REALLY?)

The Co-ops of both La Bocana and Abreojos should be commended for their great wisdom in banning gillnetting in Laguna La Bocana and Estero Coyote . I can only hope that , with the 'new' lodgings .... folks will come and visit and sample the fantastic Fishing both bodies of water have !

D.~

Udo - 1-31-2014 at 07:48 PM

BTW, Dave, here is a photo of some of our bugs

[Edited on 2-1-2014 by Udo]

DJL - 1-31-2014 at 07:56 PM

Beauties , Udo !!

Also forbidden for gringos like myself ... along with the nearly Head-sized Clams we found in Coyote . Heartbreaking !

D.~

Udo - 2-1-2014 at 10:13 AM

If you are ever near Magdalena Bay, (the area west fo Ciudad Constitución), plan on getting there during a low tide, or even a minus tide. You'll be able to pick up chocolatas by the 5 gallon buckets. The clams just lying on top of the wet sand.

Most other parts of Baja, you have to take a snorkel dive for them.

BajaBlanca - 2-1-2014 at 02:47 PM

bugs! I am guessing that there was a lobster fisherman in the boat with those guys .... it is a huge deal when someone "steals" lobster......locals have burned boats that were confiscated ...one boat with a brand new motor on it according to lore.