BajaNomad

Dick Kashey (KasheyDog on Nomads) is in the hospital in grave condition

EnsenadaDr - 1-31-2014 at 10:49 AM

What a great guy we have in Dick Kashey, he was always there with a smile and was so looking forward to his retirement. He was diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer in late October and is now at Kindred Hospital San Diego, please call or visit him. Cell phone number is (619)-990-0270.

[Edited on 1-31-2014 by EnsenadaDr]

DENNIS - 1-31-2014 at 10:56 AM

Terrible bad news. He had so many plans for his retirement. I hope they will be realized.
Get well, Dick.

BajaNomad - 1-31-2014 at 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
He had so many plans for his retirement. I hope they will be realized.
Get well, Dick.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pancreatic_cancer#Prognosis

DENNIS - 1-31-2014 at 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
He had so many plans for his retirement. I hope they will be realized.
Get well, Dick.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pancreatic_cancer#Prognosis

Prayers wont hurt, I suppose. I'll do what I can.

woody with a view - 1-31-2014 at 11:45 AM

OB is pulling for you big guy!!!

Get Well Please

Gypsy Jan - 1-31-2014 at 11:50 AM

KasheyDog, I have always enjoyed your observations on Nomad - come back and start posting again.

Pompano - 1-31-2014 at 01:22 PM

Hola KasheyDog,

Those hospital beds are no fun, I know. Just a note to let you know that you are in our thoughts and we all send you our very best wishes.

shari - 1-31-2014 at 02:40 PM

Oh my goodness...what a kick in the butt all right for our amigo Dick...who is without a doubt one of the noblest, nicest men I have ever had the pleasure of hanging around.
Thank you for letting us know so we can all send prayers and healing energy his way.

David K - 1-31-2014 at 03:51 PM

Met Dick a couple of times and he is one of the super-nice Nomads indeed. He invited me to join him for lunch on the beach in Carlsbad and told me of his retirement plans after leaving the car dealership. I was concerned when his posts on Nomad ended... and sure didn't want to have him go through this!

Get well KasheyDog!!!

L to R: Kashey Dog, David K, Baja Gringo, TW

BajaBlanca - 1-31-2014 at 04:13 PM

Wishing you the best, Dick! OB and Baja are pulling for you!

DianaT - 1-31-2014 at 06:22 PM

Whatever treatment he has chosen, may it work. Positive thoughts sent his way.

Udo - 1-31-2014 at 06:48 PM

Prayers are going his way.

Look how far Steve Jobs got with his pancreatic cancer diagnosis.

acadist - 1-31-2014 at 08:43 PM

Praying for you!

EnsenadaDr - 2-1-2014 at 06:44 PM

talked to Dick today and gave him a pep talk..and to hang in there. He's such a good guy and if anyone doesn't, he certainly doesn't deserve to be sick like this. He worked so hard his whole life and now can't enjoy his retirement. That's why we always need to enjoy the here and now, you never know!!

David K - 2-1-2014 at 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
talked to Dick today and gave him a pep talk..and to hang in there. He's such a good guy and if anyone doesn't, he certainly doesn't deserve to be sick like this. He worked so hard his whole life and now can't enjoy his retirement. That's why we always need to enjoy the here and now, you never know!!

Exactly... Do it all while and when you can!

Dick was so into planning his Baja and USA travel plans... and I am just sickened that he is being cut short of achieving his dreams. I hope there is a miracle waiting for this great Nomad!

EnsenadaDr - 2-1-2014 at 06:58 PM

Me too David. He worked so hard to be able to enjoy Baja, he was so positive and I told him today to use that positive energy and get better and don't think negative. Enjoy every minute and don't think about things you can't do anything about and change.
Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Quote:

Exactly... Do it all while and when you can!

Dick was so into planning his Baja and USA travel plans... and I am just sickened that he is being cut short of achieving his dreams. I hope there is a miracle waiting for this great Nomad!

EnsenadaDr - 2-9-2014 at 02:09 PM

My daughter and Dick today at Kindred Hospital, San Diego. He is leaving the hospital and very upbeat despite his grim diagnosis. God Bless him, he's such a nice person!

David K - 2-9-2014 at 04:08 PM

Thank you for this...
I had a nice chat with him yesterday and he is anxious to enjoy some good Mexican food once again!

BajaNomad - 2-9-2014 at 07:28 PM

I'm so sad over the circumstances... but so glad to see this interaction and spotlight and good wishes focused on Dick. I so appreciate his upbeat attitude - incredibly much.

Great pic Janene. Thank you so much for your follow-through with this.

DENNIS - 2-9-2014 at 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
I'm so sad over the circumstances... but so glad to see this interaction and spotlight and good wishes focused on Dick. I so appreciate his upbeat attitude - incredibly much.

I couldn't agree more.

EnsenadaDr - 4-2-2014 at 04:18 PM

Dick had a nice 3 weeks in his condo beachfront in Rosarito and about 2 weeks ago went to his Doctor's where he had terrible pain and was admitted back to the hospital in La Jolla California. He had another procedure to clear out more tumor in his pancreas and today he informed me he was going to Hospice and that he only had 3 months. You don't know how bad I felt. Dick was always the supreme optimist and all around nice guy. Feel so sad for him right now.:(

DENNIS - 4-2-2014 at 04:26 PM

Quote:
Feel so sad for him right now.:(

As do I. This is terrible news. I'll still pray...now for his comfort.

Bubba - 4-2-2014 at 04:29 PM

Very sad. Prayers.

willardguy - 4-2-2014 at 04:32 PM

UGH! weird I was thinking about Dick earlier today when I suggested to udo, don't sweat the small chit. :(

shari - 4-2-2014 at 05:23 PM

Dick is one of the top 10 nicest people I have met in my whole life and I consider it a great honour to be his friend. We had a wonderful time at the lagoon when he brought a group of his friends down on March 7-9th.

We had a lovely time at the lagoon, laughing and smiling as we bumped over waves in the panga. He is so very brave and a real inspiration to me. Here we are embracing the moment.

Thank you Dick for being you....this whale smile is for you buddy!

David K - 4-2-2014 at 05:38 PM

Great he had such a wonderful time with your group Shari!

It wasn't that long ago I got a call from Dick and asked if I was near Carlsbad and would I like to join him for drinks on the beach. Rum and coke under the sun, on the sand, and talking about his retirement from selling cars and traveling throughout Baja. It was a super time with a real nice Baja Nomad, I can call a friend.

He would be one I will look up once I am also on the other side! Vaya Con Dios KasheyDog!

Hook - 4-2-2014 at 06:09 PM

Quote:
Dick had a nice 3 weeks in his condo beachfront in Rosarito and about 2 weeks ago went to his Doctor's where he had terrible pain and was admitted back to the hospital in La Jolla California. He had another procedure to clear out more tumor in his pancreas and today he informed me he was going to Hospice and that he only had 3 months. You don't know how bad I felt. Dick was always the supreme optimist and all around nice guy. Feel so sad for him right now.:(

Of course, he and his family authorized you to publish this on a public message board, right?

EnsenadaDr - 4-2-2014 at 06:16 PM

Yes I had authorization directly from Dick.
Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
Quote:

Of course, he and his family authorized you to publish this on a public message board, right?

BajaBlanca - 4-2-2014 at 08:25 PM

So sorry, Dick.

wilderone - 4-2-2014 at 08:36 PM

Hugs and prayers are sent your way - all the best to you, Dick.

Zapotec - 4-2-2014 at 09:31 PM

I had the privilege of meeting Dick a couple of years ago, and yes, he is a very nice person. I am so sorry to read about his condition. Will pray for him.

EnsenadaDr - 4-2-2014 at 11:55 PM

Really Zapotec? And who shall I tell him will pray for him?