BajaNomad

Estero Beach Hotel? "After Action Report"

John M - 2-2-2014 at 03:04 PM

Returned today from the Estero Beach Hotel - we found it all the good things as promised in the post replies!

Jacuzzis were especially nice in the cool breezy afternoons. Yes, plenty of hot water too. Got lucky I suppose and were in the Mayan section - 2nd floor, nice ocean view (from the bed in the mornings). We paid just under $100 per night - Lots of guests one of the nights with an off-road private event staging there. Other nights only 3 or 4 cars in the parking lot at night. Room service was a delight - the Fast Pass was really cool. Waited 8 minutes this morning (Friday) around 11:00 at San Ysidro.

John M

On line reviews seem that this is a pretty nice place to stay for a couple of days - any Nomads been there lately?

John M

[Edited on 2-8-2014 by John M]

willardguy - 2-2-2014 at 03:10 PM

I haven't stayed in the hotel but recently strolled around the grounds, mostly looking for a long term rental. I hadnt been out there in probably 30 years, I realllly like it!:yes:

Ateo - 2-2-2014 at 03:11 PM

It's very nice. Great pool.

Bajahowodd - 2-2-2014 at 05:55 PM

Old time, family owned place. On the property you will find an RV park, full-time housing for sale, and a hotel that has rooms with prices that range over quite a distance. That's because there are rooms with views of the Estero, and there are rooms that are situated looking out on the parking lot. There is a fairly good size pool at the hotel, and another one over in the RV area.

If you go there, get a room in the front buildings.

They have a pretty good restaurant, including at last time we were there, a sushi bar. And a cantina.

Nice property.

DENNIS - 2-2-2014 at 07:17 PM

Kinda pricey, but worth it.

cocoscabana - 2-2-2014 at 07:46 PM

We camped there for a few days last march. Very nice facilities.

Bajahowodd -

John M - 2-2-2014 at 08:35 PM

In the front? as in facing the ocean? John

rogbag - 2-2-2014 at 08:40 PM

I stayed there one night last month whilst northbound and it was very nice. $100 US, tax inc., for a king size bed with ocean view. Plus, if you are northbound, they have the FastLane Pass available (for San Ysidro) at the front desk (no charge) which is most excellent. It took me 12 minutes from arrival at the booth at top of overpass until I was on Highway 5 northbound. This was on Tuesday the 7th at 9AM.
Restaurant was good. Sushi bar was not open. Bartender was attentive, which helps when trying to cut the dust of the trail.

fastlane pass

John M - 2-3-2014 at 01:25 PM

What's a Fastlane Pass - how do you use it?

Also, we've not crossed n/b to San Ysidro in maybe 20 years - what is the route from N/B Hwy 1D? Does it change daily?

John M

BajaGeoff - 2-3-2014 at 01:53 PM

Here is some info on the Fast Pass:

http://www.bajabound.com/before/permits/borderfastpass.php

I have stayed at Estero several times in the last five or so years. It's has always been a good experience...

StuckSucks - 2-3-2014 at 02:20 PM

Years ago, I went to a few BFGoodrich race parties there - it was a really nice place.

Gaucho - 2-3-2014 at 02:46 PM

Stayed there a bunch of times. Ask for the "Mayan" building, these are the best rooms IMHO.

thanks all

John M - 2-3-2014 at 03:02 PM

Made reservations - wish I had known of the Mayan building - we'll see what we get!

DENNIS - 2-3-2014 at 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by John M
Made reservations - wish I had known of the Mayan building - we'll see what we get!

Nights have been cold here so make sure the heater works and the water is hot.
Have a good trip.

cliffh - 2-3-2014 at 03:54 PM

Fab. place also have a great sunday brunch, we stay for a week going north and a week going south in the RV park every year for the last 15 years.

Bajahowodd - 2-4-2014 at 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by John M
In the front? as in facing the ocean? John

Technically it does not face the ocean. As in the name, it faces the estero, or estuary. Great views, and lots of wildlife.