C- Honda
C- 2nd Geico
C- Scientology
D Bud Light
A The Comedians in Care

Ken Bondy - 2-2-2014 at 06:36 PM

Can't believe you gave Scientology a "C-" :biggrin:

Skipjack Joe - 2-2-2014 at 06:49 PM

I was generous on that. Any ordinary gets a C. Do you agree?

vandenberg - 2-2-2014 at 06:50 PM

and...don't forget...15 seconds into second half...Seagulls 29.... Broncos NADA. :no:

bc4me - 2-2-2014 at 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vandenberg
and...don't forget...15 seconds into second half...Seagulls 29.... Broncos NADA. :no:

Seagulls???

For a team that is having their butts handed to them I wouldn't be name calling right now. This has to be the biggest choke job by the donkies in super bowl history.

[Edited on 2-3-2014 by bc4me]

Pompano - 2-2-2014 at 07:11 PM

Right about now I'm feeling good about my bet. BUT...it's not over till it's over!

p.s. Loved the anthem, groaned at the Chili Peppers, Seinfeld looked like a zombie, loved the Doritos girl roper and her mount.

[Edited on 2-3-2014 by Pompano]

0 GO SEAHAWKS!.jpg - 46kB

DENNIS - 2-2-2014 at 07:15 PM

The "Red Hot Chili Peppers" were worse than the Broncos.
I'm watching the news.

Ken Bondy - 2-2-2014 at 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
I was generous on that. Any ordinary gets a C. Do you agree?

You know me Igor, I woulda given it an "F". Is there anything lower than an "F"? :spingrin::yes:

2nd half scoring

Skipjack Joe - 2-2-2014 at 08:05 PM

C+ Xfinity
D Audi
C Quickbox
C T-Mobile
A Peace On Day
A Chobani yogurt
B Kia
D+ Sprint
A- Heinz ketchup
A- Honda (Bruce Willis)
C Budweiser (patriotic)
A- Chrysler (Bob Dylan)
B- NFL
B- Jack in Box
C Coca Cola #2
D Butterfinger
B+ Microsoft
C- Hyundai
D Jaguar
D OIKOS
D T-Mobile
C- Sodastream
C- Budweiser
D GoDaddy
A Doritos #2

Game:

Seattle: has best team
Denver: has best player

vgabndo - 2-2-2014 at 08:20 PM

Double AA Double ++

For the one that didn't air.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR-tbOxlhvE

Whale-ista - 2-2-2014 at 08:32 PM

You wrote:
C-David Beckham briefs

Wait- he was advertising...briefs?

DENNIS - 2-2-2014 at 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Whale-ista
You wrote:
C-David Beckham briefs

Wait- he was advertising...briefs?

I thought he was selling tattoos.

Hook - 2-2-2014 at 09:33 PM

All in all, when you consider the game, the halftime show and the commercials, I thought it was probably the worst SB I have ever watched. And I believe I have only missed one (last year) since it began.

Some marketing guy must have told Bruno Mars that a combination of James Brown and Michael Jackson would sell. He seemed very un-original to me. The band was tight; but not very melodic. This was the first time I had ever seen or heard him.

Skipjack Joe - 2-2-2014 at 10:07 PM

Ken,

I know very little about Scientology other than that Charles Manson practiced it.

Just saw on the boob-tube that the Budweiser puppy commercial was voted the best. I gave that on a C-. Too schmaltzy for me. I don't like having my feelings manipulated with sentimental plots. But the dumb-down bud lite commercials are really the worst to have to endure during every sports program. I suppose they feel that's what people want.

For pure comedy I liked the Doritos commercials.

Most super bowls are blowouts and not that entertaining. It's sad to know that had the 49ers just made one play at the end they would have been super bowl champs. That's 3 'almost' years in a row now.

willardguy - 2-2-2014 at 10:15 PM

Quote:
Ken,

I know very little about Scientology other than that Charles Manson practiced it.

Just saw on the boob-tube that the Budweiser puppy commercial was voted the best. I gave that on a C-. Too schmaltzy for me. I don't like having my feelings manipulated with sentimental plots. But the dumb-down bud lite commercials are really the worst to have to endure during every sports program. I suppose they feel that's what people want.

For pure comedy I liked the Doritos commercials.

Most super bowls are blowouts and not that entertaining. It's sad to know that had the 49ers just made one play at the end they would have been super bowl champs. That's 3 'almost' years in a row now.
what a jackazz!:no:

weebray - 2-2-2014 at 10:27 PM

Let's see, who was more pathetic? Bruno Mars at this years stupid bowl, the two donkeys "representing" the Beatles at this years Grammys (Ringo was particularly embarrassing), or the simpering "Bronkets" backing on to the field with their pee pee's in their hand? I give the NFL about 10 more years. It's on life support right now. I'd put my $ on Australian rules f-ball. Take all that carbon fiber crap off the boys and throw them in the pit.

DianaT - 2-2-2014 at 10:54 PM

Gees,

Am I the only one who enjoyed the half time show? Usually I don't like the 1/2 time show at all, but this one I REALLY enjoyed. It did not have all the gimmicks and we thought it was fun!

The game? Sad

As a sucker for puppies, I liked the Bud commercial, and the Dorritos commercial was quite entertaining.

[Edited on 2-3-2014 by DianaT]

willardguy - 2-2-2014 at 10:58 PM

too cold for the chili pepper's signature "socks" :lol:

Barry A. - 2-2-2014 at 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT
Gees,

Am I the only one who enjoyed the half time show? Usually I don't like the 1/2 time show at all, but this one I REALLY enjoyed. It did not have all the gimmicks and we thought it was fun!

The game? Sad

As a sucker for puppies, I liked the Bud commercial, and the Dorritos commercial was quite entertaining.

[Edited on 2-3-2014 by DianaT]

I totally agree, Diane, so no, you are not alone. :spingrin:

Barry

LancairDriver - 2-3-2014 at 12:17 AM

Well deserved number one. The Bud Commercial was very well done.

David K - 2-3-2014 at 12:42 AM

I am with Diana T and Barry A in saying that it was a good halftime show, no wardrobe malfunctions to lie about, just good musical talent... great fireworks, too.

Commercials? I liked the German engineers growing wings, the chihuahua hybrids, Arnold in a wig playing "tiny tennis", and the first Maserati car ad I think I have ever seen! The Cheerios girl and Clydesdale/ dog friendship ones were good too.
Edit: Forgot maybe my favorite: The Radio Shack 80's theme commercial!

[Edited on 2-3-2014 by David K]

Skipjack Joe - 2-3-2014 at 02:30 AM

I don't know. I just saw the puppy/horsey commercial as the sort of thing that appeals to people who like to send and receive hallmark cards or watch the programs that the hallmark station puts on. Not my cup of tea. I like less sugar in my tea.

PS I never watch super bowl halftime shows. I feel they interfere with the game. The game analysis is sufficient.

[Edited on 2-3-2014 by Skipjack Joe]

DianaT - 2-3-2014 at 08:35 AM

Quote:
I don't know. I just saw the puppy/horsey commercial as the sort of thing that appeals to people who like to send and receive hallmark cards or watch the programs that the hallmark station puts on. Not my cup of tea. I like less sugar in my tea.

PS I never watch super bowl halftime shows. I feel they interfere with the game. The game analysis is sufficient.

Rarely, rarely watch Hallmark and I am not a fan of Hallmark Cards. But I understand --- pretty sappy.

And I am just plain old sappy about puppies. :biggrin::biggrin:

I liked the Radio Shack 80s commercial. I thought the German Engineers growing wings was CREEPY.

Didn't watch the after game show. What was there to say? Seattle simply smashed Denver.

Thank God it's OVER !

MrBillM - 2-3-2014 at 10:28 AM

Now, HBO will go back to "True Detective" on Sunday night.

The one thing that I saw was a piece of a Chrysler commercial and I was trying to figure out who the Dumpy-Looking guy was doing the narration. His voice was familiar. Thought he might be some Designer guy [like] Ralph Lauren.

I read later that it was Bob Dylan.

Who I'd thought was Dead. But, that's often true of entertainers that haven't been heard from in a long time. You Assume.

Glad to see that he's not, I guess. He actually looked better than the last time I remember seeing him 20-25 years ago.

Speaking of which, Adios Philip Seymour Hoffman.

Good actor. BAD choice.

Skipjack Joe - 2-3-2014 at 10:49 AM

Quote:

And I am just plain old sappy about puppies. :biggrin::biggrin:

I understand. I get that way about World Peace commercials .:biggrin:

weebray - 2-3-2014 at 11:38 AM

Quote:
Some marketing guy must have told Bruno Mars that a combination of James Brown and Michael Jackson would sell. He seemed very un-original to me. The band was tight; but not very melodic. This was the first time I had ever seen or heard him.

Right on Hook. B Mars was sooooo stilted and mechanical. Frankly I prefer a little sexy wardrobe malfunction to music created by people who's other job is to write commercials for fast food joints. I usually feel guilty/bad when I waste a few hours on a perfectly good Sunday afternoon watching MY team play. I really feel bad I spent a couple of hours watching bad actors last night. I'm done with the NFL.

bajajudy - 2-3-2014 at 12:15 PM

Finally got those dang black feathers out from between my teeth, long enough to say
Go Seahawks
Unreal!

Pompano - 2-3-2014 at 12:46 PM

Super Bowl 2014 will be remembered more for it's commercials rather than the lopsided game. I kept waiting for something...anything... to happen.

But glad my pick won anyway. Now to go spend it on something totally whimsical.

LancairDriver - 2-3-2014 at 01:56 PM

Quote:

Wow! How macho, very impressive.

Getting Brunos mixed up

MrBillM - 2-3-2014 at 02:08 PM

I had thought that Bruno Mars was an advertiser.

Men's apparel or something.

The wife told me he was a singer of some sort.

Then, I realized that it was Bruno Magli (OJ Shoes) that I was thinking of.

I see where the singer hasn't been around that long, but I would have thought there would have been some mention of him in the news that I would have seen.

bajagrouper - 2-3-2014 at 04:47 PM

I am just glad the seahawks did not break the record held by my 49er's of creaming the burros a few years back 55 to 10 in SB 14.......

[Edited on 2-4-2014 by bajagrouper]

willardguy - 2-3-2014 at 05:51 PM

bruno mars?

Paulina - 2-3-2014 at 10:33 PM

Did anyone notice that only the male engineers at VW got wings? The only thing a female engineer got was a pat on the behind from the wing of a male colleague. German engineering at it's finest?

P>*)))>{

Skipjack Joe - 2-4-2014 at 04:48 AM

Jawohl, I did see it. What we witnessed was the remnants of the German ideal of womanhood, as first defined by the Kaiser and became known as the 3 K's:

"Kuche, Kirche, und Kinder" (Kitchen, Church, and Children)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinder,_K%C3%BCche,_Kirche

to which his wife later added Kleider (clothing)

------------------------------------------------

Or there is the much simpler Benny Hill explanation:

She had grossen ta taasen.

-----------------------------------------------

Hope this helps. :saint:

[Edited on 2-4-2014 by Skipjack Joe]

mulegemichael - 2-4-2014 at 08:14 AM

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!....TOTALLY dominant over the NFLs most powerful offensive ballclub....THAT was no accident, amigos!!!

Bob H - 2-4-2014 at 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo
Double AA Double ++

For the one that didn't air.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR-tbOxlhvE

That is pretty POWERFULL !!!!

DENNIS - 2-4-2014 at 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mulegemichael
GO SEAHAWKS!!!!....TOTALLY dominant over the NFLs most powerful offensive ballclub....THAT was no accident, amigos!!!

Seattle's defense carried the day.....and too often the ball.
The Manning dynasty is over. Bury his little brother while you're at it.
[then the Kennedys, Bushs, and Clintons] :lol:

[Edited on 2-4-2014 by DENNIS]

Skipjack Joe - 2-4-2014 at 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by LancairDriver
Quote:

Wow! How macho, very impressive.

?? What on earth?

JOHN WAYNE TOOK 3 TSPS OF SUGAR WITH HIS TEA !!!

DavidE - 2-4-2014 at 10:42 AM

I COUNT MYSELF AS ONE OF THE "WINNERS"

I did not spend a nickel on gasoline and sit on a hard stool to watch a 2nd rate team play a 16th rate team to a boring blowout.

I read a good novel and used 3 hours out of my life being entertained not bored.

PATOOIE!

BajaLuna - 2-4-2014 at 03:42 PM

right on, mulegemichael, my fellow Northwesterner!

I loved the Denver Post's front page with the headline "Seasick". Yep that about sums it up!

Bruno Mars and The Red Hot Chili Peppers were amazing!

300,000+ expected for the parade tomorrow, spent all night trying to get a hotel room downtown Seattle, yeah right what a joke! Won't even be able to get into the city on parade day. Between the Washingtonians, the Oregonians, the BC Canadians, and the Idahoans, not a room in sight! The Seahawks represent so many in the Northwest!

This place is on FIRE, the whole Northwest has gone crazy! Team spirit abounds everywhere!

The Hawks deserve all the recognition they are getting, they played an awesome game and dominated out the gate!

Saw this Super Bowl 48 trivia online...

Super bowl 48: 4+8=12
The first score in the first half was 12 seconds into the game.
The first Seahawk touchdown in the second quarter was at exactly 12:00.
The first score in the second half was 12 seconds in.
Wilson's total passing yards was 206, which is the Seattle area code.
The Seahawks total score was 43. 4x3=12

the number Gods were with us, not to mention the karma Gods were smiling on us because of the last time we were in the Super Bowl and had such a crappy call. But mostly it's because the Seahawk's team and Coach just click together!

We are loud and proud, go Hawks!

Skipjack Joe - 2-4-2014 at 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaLuna

Saw this Super Bowl 48 trivia online...

Super bowl 48: 4+8=12
The first score in the first half was 12 seconds into the game.
The first Seahawk touchdown in the second quarter was at exactly 12:00.
The first score in the second half was 12 seconds in.
Wilson's total passing yards was 206, which is the Seattle area code.
The Seahawks total score was 43. 4x3=12

And don't forget - the first player to talk about himself for 12 straight hours, Richard Sherman.

Bubba - 2-4-2014 at 03:52 PM

Denver never showed up. Embarrassing.

BajaLuna - 2-4-2014 at 04:02 PM

SkipJack, that's funny!

willardguy - 2-4-2014 at 04:25 PM

so where's that big flag in ensenada now? man the orange guys have been quiet!:lol:

Bubba - 2-4-2014 at 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
man the orange guys have been quiet!:lol:

We're busy eating crow.

Kgryfon - 2-4-2014 at 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook

Funny, that's EXACTLY what I waas thinking! With a touch of Little Richard in the hairdo...

Kgryfon - 2-4-2014 at 06:02 PM

The best part about the SB? I won my pool !!! ...that's about it :D

And I liked the sappy puppy/budweiser commercial, but I'd had a couple of beers by then... I also liked the doberman/chihuahua mix dogs and the lasso girl on the big dog. Sensing a theme here...