BajaNomad

Mind Numbing motion activated alarm.

baconjr - 2-6-2014 at 11:27 AM

I am developing an motion activated alarm with 140 dB siren that will make it impossible to enter a room with out damaging hearing. It will be battery operated not little AA batteries but long lasting storage battery. The reason for developing this alarm is that I have a drug addled cowboy who keeps breaking into my house. This alarm will make it impossible for him to do anything but leave the room and then the alarm will reset. It will be bullet proof. Let me know if you are interested in following the project. I am sure I am not the first person to think of this. Thanks for any suggestions etc.:mad:

DENNIS - 2-6-2014 at 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by baconjr
The reason for developing this alarm is that I have a drug addled cowboy who keeps breaking into my house.

Why don't you just give this guy a good beating or two. :light:

willardguy - 2-6-2014 at 12:08 PM

how are you gonna power this thing? keep in mind a 125db siren will burn over eleven hundred watts at start up. :o

Take a look

bajaguy - 2-6-2014 at 01:15 PM

http://cabinalarm.com/

DavidE - 2-6-2014 at 01:20 PM

Piezo Electrics

Damage another person in Mexico on purpose and the Ministerio Publico is going to love you for it. All of you. Every last cent of you.

Got someone coming in at night? A handful of marbles on the floor will give them a ride they'll never ever forget even after the cast comes off.

DENNIS - 2-6-2014 at 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE

Got someone coming in at night? A handful of marbles on the floor will give them a ride they'll never ever forget even after the cast comes off.

just don't jump out of bed and run to the "john." it may hurt.

bajaguy - 2-6-2014 at 01:30 PM

Or a big, hungry dog...

Quote:
Piezo Electrics

Damage another person in Mexico on purpose and the Ministerio Publico is going to love you for it. All of you. Every last cent of you.

elskel - 2-6-2014 at 01:43 PM

sure, keep us posted.

BAJA.DESERT.RAT - 2-6-2014 at 04:25 PM

EAR PLUGS ??????

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

Bubba - 2-6-2014 at 05:10 PM

Probably kill him from a heart attack.

beating

baconjr - 2-6-2014 at 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by baconjr
The reason for developing this alarm is that I have a drug addled cowboy who keeps breaking into my house.

Why don't you just give this guy a good beating or two. :light:

While speaking with the detective he brought up hurting him or capturing him. I must have looked peeed I'm 65 and he told me that I could not hurt him. Also there are 5 other agencies looking for him. A real bad apple.

baconjr - 2-6-2014 at 06:27 PM

Quote:
Piezo Electrics

The Piezo alarms that are use in smoke detectors are about 105 dB and I have seen them up to 140dB. You jump at 105dB to turn it off. I feel comfortable using them. It is going to be a matter of hardening them. The wireless technology is cheap and doesn't burn that much energy. If you can get a cell signal you can even get a picture of the guy sent to your smart phone. You can buy that technology is off the shelve.

Also the Ministero Publico is one of the agencies looking for him. He really must have got someones chihuahua.

DavidE - 2-7-2014 at 11:13 AM

I would LOVE to come across a genuine 140db piezo emitter. Decibels are assessed on a logarithmic scale. Genuine 140db would be incredible. But sound pressure must be monitored and determined at an appropriate distance from the emitter, not .010" for example.

My interest in a 140db emitter is genuine by the way.