BajaNomad

toyota TRD pro series

willardguy - 2-6-2014 at 11:07 PM

taco's, tundra's and 4runners. these things look sweeet!!!!

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2014/02/toyota-trd-pro-se...

David K - 2-6-2014 at 11:45 PM

From the link: >>>"Next, the TRD Pro Tacoma, which Toyota playfully refers to as the Taco Supreme, gets exclusive 16-inch beadlock wheels and a TRD exhaust."<<<

These Toyota guys are sure having some fun, right? :biggrin:

[Edited on 2-7-2014 by David K]

55steve - 2-7-2014 at 12:23 AM

Ford Raptor, Chevy Reaper and now Toyota is in on it!

Ateo - 2-7-2014 at 08:51 AM

How much does the TRD package cost?

I'm a little bummed with the new regular Tundra redesign. Was hoping for more.

The new Silverado is looking real nice.

jimgrms - 2-7-2014 at 09:59 AM

A toyota 4x4 off road is @33.000 plus tax accordant to toyotas web site ,.'
I wonder what benefit beside making the tires way more expensed , is a 18" wheels ??

David K - 2-7-2014 at 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jimgrms
A toyota 4x4 off road is @33.000 plus tax accordant to toyotas web site ,.'
I wonder what benefit beside making the tires way more expensed , is a 18" wheels ??

Another inch of ground clearance?
My Off Road with stock 16" wheels had 9.25" min. ground clearance. I replaced the stock tires with 1" taller 265/75-16 tires and added 1/2 inch of ground clearance.

dtbushpilot - 2-7-2014 at 02:48 PM

The video stops at 10 seconds on my computer, anybody else have that problem?

David K - 2-7-2014 at 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dtbushpilot
The video stops at 10 seconds on my computer, anybody else have that problem?

Hi Dave... I just watched it, and all 2 min. of it were fine.
Of interest, the FJ Cruiser is dropped so this Pro series on the three off road models will fill the gap: 4Runner, Tacoma, Tundra.

The video says the Tacoma wheels remain 16" with the Tundra having 18" and the 4Runner having 17".

dtbushpilot - 2-7-2014 at 03:38 PM

Thanks DK. I've been looking at the 4runner to replace our FJ Cruiser, this might be just the thing I'm looking for. I hope they come in a color other than that hideous orange.

TMW - 2-7-2014 at 03:52 PM

So does this new series replace the Tacoma Baja that was introduced a couple of years ago?

Ateo - 2-7-2014 at 04:59 PM

Quote:
Thanks DK. I've been looking at the 4runner to replace our FJ Cruiser, this might be just the thing I'm looking for. I hope they come in a color other than that hideous orange.

I think the first link said black, white, and orange.

willardguy - 2-7-2014 at 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo
Quote:

I think the first link said black, white, and orange.
its not orange, its "inferno"! :lol: I kinda like it

TMW - 2-7-2014 at 06:20 PM

Isn't that the colors of the University of Texas Longhorns. Aren't most of these vehicles made in Texas with some Tacomas made in TJ.

willardguy - 2-7-2014 at 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TW
Isn't that the colors of the University of Texas Longhorns. Aren't most of these vehicles made in Texas with some Tacomas made in TJ.
made in san antonio I believe.

David K - 2-7-2014 at 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TW
So does this new series replace the Tacoma Baja that was introduced a couple of years ago?

Just now reading the thread on this over on Tacoma World.

It is the same as the Baja TX Pro, except for the new grille and stupid fake hood scoop.

Two other colors offered on the package, as well.

David K - 2-7-2014 at 06:35 PM

More here:

http://blogs.cars.com/files/trdproreleasefinalembargo.pdf

MMc - 2-7-2014 at 09:38 PM

Got to love you guys and your trucks. It's like Politics, Religion and tires. As long as it get's me there and back it's good with me.:spingrin:
Most my issues with trucks are because of me not the truck.

BooJumMan - 2-7-2014 at 10:29 PM

The real question is if they come with the rear e-locker diffs!!?? I sure hope so!

woody with a view - 2-7-2014 at 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MMc

no wonder we get along so well!:cool:

David K - 2-7-2014 at 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BooJumMan
The real question is if they come with the rear e-locker diffs!!?? I sure hope so!

Supposed to be the same as the Off Road, so yes to the locker and (even better) A-TRAC which works the front tires as well.

YOU TUBE: 2015 Tacoma, Tundra, 4Runner: TRD PROS

David K - 2-9-2014 at 10:25 AM

MMc - 2-9-2014 at 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
Quote:
Originally posted by MMc

no wonder we get along so well!:cool:

Most trucks are good, I would rather have a good driver in a average truck then a average driver in a good truck:light:
I wonder why nobody drives a Toyota super truck in the mill? Maybe they will with this new line.

David K - 2-9-2014 at 06:49 PM

Ever hear of Ivan Stewart? (yah, I know that was a long time ago)...

It all has to do with money! When Toyota thinks it needs to increase sales, maybe they will get back in? As it is, Toyota rules the small truck market and doesn't do so bad with the full size Tundra either.

Here is a Tacoma in a slightly more recent San Felipe 250, racing in the unlimited Class 2 (2005):

MMc - 2-9-2014 at 09:19 PM

DK, read my post I think TRD would be good for SCORE. I'm not married to my truck, that's all. I have owned Dodge, Chevy, Ford and a Taco They are trucks(tools) not wives or my savior. When I have pulled all that I can from them, I move on.
When it comes to small trucks, there were are plenty of good ones out there, Toyota owns the market by default. IT"S A TRUCK!!!! If I could get a 3/4 ton extended cab with a 8"ft bed I would consider a Toyota. Trucks and tires are things some on this board that are almost a religion. No longer something to discuss, but to defend.

willardguy - 2-9-2014 at 09:37 PM

not to take ANYTHING away from Ivan or Toyota. the only toyota part on those trucks was the aluminum lexus block. nontheless badazz!!!

David K - 2-9-2014 at 09:39 PM

I took no offence... it is just a truck not a deity. Be well.

Ateo - 2-11-2014 at 05:21 PM

2016 tundra coming with a diesel option.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2014/02/toyota-tundra-get...

chuckie - 2-12-2014 at 05:57 AM

Can you buy the "Throaty Rumble" seperate?