BajaNomad

Valentines Day in Baja

EnsenadaDr - 2-7-2014 at 04:28 PM

Whatcha all doin to celebrate the love of your life? Love to hear it...I won't be in Baja unfortunately but would love to hear how you will be celebrating your love in one of the most beautiful places on Earth where yes, you can still get some privacy!!

DavidE - 2-7-2014 at 05:12 PM

Valentine's day in gringolandia is only good until around the 6th grade.

A country that bases its communications on one of the romance languages is the place you're going to get feedback on this.

I took a box of homemade white chocolate dipped strawberries into the restaurant of a blue-hair Canadian lady in Barra de Navidad and had a hell of a time escaping -- much to the screaming laughter of my kids.

February 14 in the USA

"Whatz fer dinner?"

"Leftovers"

EnsenadaDr - 2-7-2014 at 05:41 PM

Well David at least you are alive and kickin'. How are you feeling BTW?

cocoscabana - 2-7-2014 at 09:45 PM

It's more like Valentines NIGHT on our beach!!! On Feb 1 we construct large 6ft. hearts with lights and turn them on from 6-9pm until Feb.14.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d108/loscocoscabana/DSCN69...

EnsenadaDr - 2-8-2014 at 08:09 AM

Very nice, I love it!! Where exactly are you located, Cocos?

shari - 2-8-2014 at 08:41 AM

Valentines Day is a big deal here...Dia de Amor Y Ammistad..so for friendship too, not just for lovers. Everyone you meet all day gives you a hug and a handshake and says Feliz Dia and lots of chocolate and fake flowers are given.

We spend the day lovin on gray whales at the lagoon and the staff decorate the restaurant and have a special meal and some music and dancing usually.

A couple years ago, we found a whale that had a beautiful heart shaped scar on her side and named her Valentina!

EnsenadaDr - 2-8-2014 at 08:48 AM

Great story about the whale Shari. Spread the love guys and gals!! I am acutely aware of our limited life on this planet, so enjoy and savor every last minute. Heading out tomorrow to see fellow Nomad Dick Kashey who worked very hard to enjoy his retirement in Baja, only to be cut short by a devastating illness. Good news he has recovered well enough to get out of the hospital for a few weeks and will spend them with friends. Make those loved ones a priority this Valentines' Day. It will help your health and theirs.

David K - 2-8-2014 at 08:52 AM

Say hello and best wishes to Dick... I did call and leave VM plus email. I am so glad he is well enough to get around.

EnsenadaDr - 2-8-2014 at 08:58 AM

Call him again David. He said as of yesterday you didn't call him but with the way he is feeling he might have missed your call. Call midday and he should answer his phone. From what his friend told me, he's not using the computer much if at all.
Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Say hello and best wishes to Dick... I did call and leave VM plus email. I am so glad he is well enough to get around.

David K - 2-8-2014 at 09:08 AM

I will call him again, and yes I did call and left a message when you alerted me he had vanished. I am very happy he is able to leave hospital.

55steve - 2-8-2014 at 09:17 AM

Deb & I will be visiting with Shari & crew at the lagoon communing with the whales on the 12th & 13th - then heading south to BA for Valentines day!

[Edited on 2-8-2014 by 55steve]

Valentines day

dpwahoo - 2-8-2014 at 09:20 AM

Doc, my wife and I are going to see the whales with shari!:bounce:

EnsenadaDr - 2-8-2014 at 09:22 AM

BajaNomad....the most romantic forum in Mexico!! I love it! :yes:

cocoscabana - 2-8-2014 at 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
Very nice, I love it!! Where exactly are you located, Cocos?

We are on a beach south of Mulege. It's fun to watch the traffic on the road as they see the hearts and slow down. Often the truckers will blow their horns in appreciation of our "beach love". At Christmas, we do lighted cactus trees with a panorama of lights.

Canadian, eh!!!

Whale-ista - 2-8-2014 at 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
Valentines Day is a big deal here...Dia de Amor Y Ammistad..so for friendship too, not just for lovers. Everyone you meet all day gives you a hug and a handshake and says Feliz Dia and lots of chocolate and fake flowers are given.

We spend the day lovin on gray whales at the lagoon and the staff decorate the restaurant and have a special meal and some music and dancing usually.!

This sounds lovely! I'm planning to be there Friday. What time will you be going out? Will you have room for another passenger?

two mex holidays

captkw - 2-8-2014 at 09:52 AM

xmas & the big V is when you most likely we see yourself talking to a cop looking for a "mordida" always watch your step around these two holidays in baja/mexico....K&T

cocoscabana - 2-8-2014 at 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by captkw
xmas & the big V is when you most likely we see yourself talking to a cop looking for a "mordida" always watch your step around these two holidays in baja/mexico....K&T

On the beaches south of Mulege, the only time we see them is when they come to collect for their "Christmas party"!!! Cops in full dress uniform with sidearms...how could we refuse to donate????? Had a motor stolen, reported it to Federales, promised to visit the "crime scene"... never came!!!