BajaNomad

"Crossing South" does Punta Banda

tripledigitken - 2-8-2014 at 05:46 PM

I'm watching the PBS show today. Segment on the blow hole used a Drone camera, it rocked!!

[Edited on 2-14-2014 by tripledigitken]

KaceyJ - 2-8-2014 at 06:28 PM

I agree Ken , good photography .

I unfortunately find the program tacky and the guy embarrassing.

tripledigitken - 2-8-2014 at 06:33 PM

I agree Kaceyj, baja holds my interest though.

Ateo - 2-8-2014 at 09:04 PM

Hopefully they eventually put it up on their youtube account.

https://www.youtube.com/user/crossingsouth

Yeah, the host is kind of a kook. But it's always good to see anything Baja related.

tripledigitken - 2-14-2014 at 09:17 AM

It's on YouTube now. A unique view of La Bufadora. (Kayaks and Kumiai)

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo
Hopefully they eventually put it up on their youtube account.

https://www.youtube.com/user/crossingsouth

Yeah, the host is kind of a kook. But it's always good to see anything Baja related.

[Edited on 2-14-2014 by tripledigitken]

baconjr - 2-14-2014 at 11:23 AM

The guy is really a bubble off plumb. I saw an episode where his was at Melling Ranch shooting a pistol at bottle on a fence that had a house just to the left.

David K - 2-27-2015 at 02:38 PM

Watched it yesterday, as he was at San Quintin's Old Mill Restaurant... then went to the oyster farm (hoped to see Ron/ Baja Gringo)... then went to La Lobera, and the road was washed out so he walked a mile to see the abalone/ lobster/ gooey duck farm and sea lion crater... with a finish at La Bufadora (again).

I think Jorge is trying to be Mexico's Huell Howser?

mtgoat666 - 2-27-2015 at 02:54 PM

The host is a geeky dork. The show relies too much on cheesy drone video. Many of the shows have very poor content, they show much video that should have been cut in edit. 5 out of 10 jr high school film students could do better. kpbs must be desperate to keep buying this stuff. yes, kpbs is depsperate, they long ago dropped their good content on weeknight evenings to fill air time with the cheapest shows they could find. san diego sadly does not support kpbs sufficiently that kpbs can buy good content.

David K - 2-27-2015 at 03:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
The host is a geeky dork. The show relies too much on cheesy drone video. Many of the shows have very poor content, they show much video that should have been cut in edit. 5 out of 10 jr high school film students could do better. kpbs must be desperate to keep buying this stuff. yes, kpbs is depsperate, they long ago dropped their good content on weeknight evenings to fill air time with the cheapest shows they could find. san diego sadly does not support kpbs sufficiently that kpbs can buy good content.

Not one drone copter used in yesterday's show... and I think it is the only PBS show I look at (and then only some of his episodes because they are about Baja). I bet San Diego is one of the top supported pbs channels... I see the license plate frames all over... Maybe they should run a couple of commercials to pay for content instead of spending hours begging for donations (which has got to get nearly 0 viewers)? Being government run, all the millions they get from taxpayers must be seriously wasted?

willardguy - 2-27-2015 at 03:23 PM

hey david maybe you could step in? you know how you leave em wanting more at those "mission seminars"!:lol:

mtgoat666 - 2-27-2015 at 05:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
hey david maybe you could step in? you know how you leave em wanting more at those "mission seminars"!:lol:

Those 4th graders sure look a bit older than 9-year-olds! The subject matter must age them rapidly!

tripledigitken - 2-27-2015 at 05:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

You know a great deal about the cheesy show.

:lol:

BooJumMan - 2-27-2015 at 09:29 PM

I really liked it until I saw him eating oysters and washing them down with a beer. Thats when I got jealous and peeed off it wasn't me doing that!