BajaNomad

CBS Sports to broadcast 2014 SCORE series

LaTijereta - 2-11-2014 at 06:17 PM

SCORE MEDIA CONTACT: Dominic Clark, dominiccnv@aol.com

February 11, 2014

All five races & SCORE Baja 1000 qualifying

SCORE announces CBS Sports Network will televise

entire 2014 SCORE World Championship series

Most expansive television coverage package in 41-year history of SCORE international

RENO, Nev.—SCORE International’s Roger Norman announced today that CBS Sports Network will televise the entire five-race 2014 SCORE World Desert Championship series. Each one-hour telecast will air the month following each event, starting with this month’s season-opening 28th Annual Tecate SCORE San Felipe 250 desert race.

Round 1 of the five-race 2014 SCORE World Desert Championship series will be held in San Felipe, Baja California, Mexico, Feb. 27-March 2. In 2014, two SCORE races will be held in the United States and three in Mexico.

This deal provides the most expansive television coverage package in the 41-year history of SCORE, the world’s foremost desert racing organization. The regular telecast time slot for the SCORE events will be Sunday nights at 9:00 p.m. ET. Further, a sixth show will cover the 2014 Tecate SCORE Baja 1000 qualifying event, held Nov. 4-7 in conjunction with the annual SEMA Show automotive industry trade show in Las Vegas.

“One of our primary goals when we acquired SCORE International was to develop a viable television package as quickly as possible,” said Roger Norman, SCORE CEO and President. “We welcome the challenge of developing our product for tremendous added exposure in new markets and are excited to have CBS Sports Network help introduce the world’s best desert racers to a national audience.

The 2014 SCORE World Desert Championship series will open its season by visiting Mexico for the first of three annual SCORE Baja races. The race itself will be held along the azure waters of the Sea of Cortez in San Felipe, Baja California, Mexico.

CBS SPORTS NETWORK

CBS Sports Network is available across the country through local cable, video and telco providers and via satellite on DirecTV Channel 221 and Dish Network Channel 158. For more information, including a full programming schedule and how to get CBS Sports Network, go to www.cbssportsnetwork.com.

[Edited on 2-12-2014 by LaTijereta]

Ateo - 2-11-2014 at 07:24 PM

Sounds good. I'm still very bummed that there won't be any pro bikes.

willardguy - 2-11-2014 at 07:39 PM

score is saying the fastest and smoothest course in years.

This year SCORE will kick off the season by racing up San Matias Pass, heading south towards Mike’s Skyranch, west on the cross over to Valle de Trinidad, up the Goat Trail, over the Summit and back south again.

willardguy - 2-11-2014 at 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo
I think Udall is in, on the 1X

David K - 2-12-2014 at 12:01 AM

Good for SCORE!

Ateo - 2-12-2014 at 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo
I think Udall is in, on the 1X

Cool. So he's guaranteed a win!!!

willardguy - 2-12-2014 at 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Good for SCORE!
ricky's in on the 4x, some youngster named valenzuela drew the ace. well we got three!:yes:

Udo - 2-12-2014 at 10:12 AM

I looked it up on the CBS schedule on Directv to autorecord, but nothing showed up to record (yet).

Ateo - 2-12-2014 at 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Good for SCORE!
ricky's in on the 4x, some youngster named valenzuela drew the ace. well we got three!:yes:

Wow. Cool. Didn't know Brabec was in. Thanks.

BajaGeoff - 2-12-2014 at 11:03 AM

Yep....Colton and Mark Samuels will still be defending the 1X plate backed by their own race program. Ricky Brabec and Max Eddy JR will be racing on the THR Monster Kawasaki 4X bike. Not sure what KTM is up to...but I would suspect Ivan and Kendall still want to race Baja...time will tell.