BajaNomad

1,450 miles of glorious Baja!

55steve - 2-16-2014 at 10:37 AM

Deb & I have just got home for a cool road trip to Baja. Primary goal was to visit Ojo de Liebre to commune with the whales and we were not disappointed! We spent 2 days at the lagoon with Shari & Sirena and the whales were very cooperative.

From there we headed south to Bahia Asuncion & stayed a night at Juan & Shari's beautiful cliff side home!

Last time we were at our place in BoLA the generator quit working so a trip there was necessary to bring it home for repair...All was good at our place but I forgot to bring the keys since I didn't plan on going there - the storage has combination locks so the generator was accessible. Costa del Sol was full so we stayed at Villa Vitta - actually not too bad of an experience & the food was very good.

My wife Deb had never been past Ensenada before so this was really exciting for her. Her favorite place appeared to be BoLA.

Here's a link to the album - I'll post some pics directly at some point.

http://s128.photobucket.com/user/Pelagic2/library/

[Edited on 2-17-2014 by 55steve]

Ateo - 2-16-2014 at 01:58 PM

Fricken awesome. Thanks for the photos.

woody with a view - 2-16-2014 at 02:01 PM

what's the combo?

:lol:

i suppose my little slice o' paradise is still there?

55steve - 2-16-2014 at 05:07 PM

Yep, all is well - I actually DO have the combo to your storage! We generally share our combinations among a close knit group if something essential is needed.

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
what's the combo?

:lol:

i suppose my little slice o' paradise is still there?

woody with a view - 2-16-2014 at 06:26 PM

SAVVY?

Udo - 2-16-2014 at 08:14 PM

NICE whale photos, Steve!

The Dolphin room was our favorite when we stayed at Shari's

Rallyroo - 2-17-2014 at 01:52 AM

Awwww.

Thanks for the pics.

Cypress - 2-17-2014 at 04:01 AM

Thanks.

Roland - 2-17-2014 at 06:53 AM

Great photos! What did you use to shoot the underwater photos? I was thinking of getting a GoPro. We are leaving soon for a similar trip. Hope to visit Bahia Asuncion as well. Any restaurant tips?
Thanks.

David K - 2-17-2014 at 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 55steve
I'm WAY too lazy to add titles right now! Basically - Shot of Catavina, whales in Ojo de Liebre, Juan & Shari's in Bahia Asuncion, Bahia de Los Angeles & Jesus on the way home this morning!

I'm still trying to figure this Photobucket thing out and deleted the pics - I'll get it under control but until I do here is the link to some of the better shots.

http://s128.photobucket.com/user/Pelagic2/library/

This is at the top of the Nomad Photo forum, to help with the process to show your photos and not distort the Nomad frame width:

We can help! Here's the step by step using one of the photo hosting sites 'Photobucket.com':

UPDATED FEB. 2014

There are many photo hosting sites, Photobucket.com is one used by many here, it is free for basic membership and very cheap for advanced.

1) Create an album for your trip or subject on Photobucket.

2) Click Upload (top center) to transfer photos from your PC folder to your Photobucket album.

3) Click on the gear symbol on the right corner of the box you see on the screen...

4) Select 800 (full size) or 640 (large size) for Nomad posting...

100x75 is the Avatar size, fyi.

5) Click SAVE!

6) Select photos you want to share on Nomad (or other forums) by pressing the Choose Photos & Videos button (or for the entire folder of photos, click Choose Folder).

Once done with uploading photos, make your post here on Baja Nomad and add photos using the IMG link from the choices of links for each photo in your album. Copy and paste that link in your Nomad thread, double spacing between links. Add a caption to the photo if desired... Click Preview Post to check your post... if okay, click Post Reply.

Udo - 2-17-2014 at 11:02 AM

Thanks, DK!

I was wondering what that gear was for.

I was afraid to touch it because so many times I press a button while almost anywhere, and EVERYTHING is lost and I have to start all over again. I've even done that while posting on Nomad several times. So now when I do a long post post, I write it out in WORD and copy & paste it to Nomad.

55steve - 2-17-2014 at 12:07 PM

Olympus TG-820:

http://www.getolympus.com/us/en/tg-820-ihs.html

This is an excellent traditional camera!

I have been considering a sports camera and of course GoPro is the most recognized name but there are others that have better capabilities. I've been checking out the Garmin Virb elite:

http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/garmin-virb-elite-sd.htm...

We only ate at one place while we were there - Los Arcos - off the main road and real good.

Quote:
Originally posted by Roland
Great photos! What did you use to shoot the underwater photos? I was thinking of getting a GoPro. We are leaving soon for a similar trip. Hope to visit Bahia Asuncion as well. Any restaurant tips?
Thanks.

RanchoGil - 2-17-2014 at 08:45 PM

Nice to meet you at Ojo de Liebre, didn't realize you are a Nomad too!

55steve - 2-17-2014 at 09:21 PM

Please refresh my memory Gil! Did you show up in my pics?

Quote:
Originally posted by RanchoGil
Nice to meet you at Ojo de Liebre, didn't realize you are a Nomad too!

RanchoGil - 2-18-2014 at 02:10 PM

we spoke at the restaurant, told me about looking at places in Acunsion and going to pickup your generator at BOLA.

55steve - 2-18-2014 at 06:58 PM

Ah yes, now I remember. The rest of our trip was excellent. We made it down to the very pretty Bahia Asuncion and stayed at Juan & Shari's - we will be doing this again! The trip to BoLA was special as the weather was excellent with NO wind and a perfect 80 or so degrees. Forgot to bring the keys to the trailer (duh) so we stayed at Villa Vitta - The generator shed has combo locks so we did bring it back.

Quote:
Originally posted by RanchoGil
we spoke at the restaurant, told me about looking at places in Acunsion and going to pickup your generator at BOLA.

tiotomasbcs - 2-18-2014 at 07:10 PM

Looks like fun and adventure. Looking at places...? Restaurants? BA is pretty small and easy. Just move in slowly and find your Groove. Camp and rent or lease for awhile if you're stoked, go for it! Good people, locals! Peaceful, Easy Feeling. Enjoy! :smug: