BajaNomad

Help needed for this little boy and his family

MexicoTed - 2-20-2014 at 11:59 AM

Hi Nomads,

I know we are a great group of people who have helped many in the past. Well here is another family in need of assistance. I hope some can help or spread the word.

Seth Romans of Synergy Mexico contacted me with a letter about his some Matthew who is in need of a lot of medical attention. Seth and I work in the same industry in Mexico; PR, advertising, marketing. He is a hard worker and has his business in Cabo.

His letter is long so I added it to my blog at http://bajavisitor.blogspot.com/. Here is one paragraph that helps explain what's going on, but please read the whole post if possible.

we learned only last Thursday that our son Matthew has what is called "Ventricular dilatation with dilatation of occipital horns in relation to bilateral colpocefila." What this means is that his brain cells that would have normally grown at the back portion of his head did not and instead, filled with liquid. This affected area allows human beings the "ability to learn" anything and everything in life including speaking which he is not capable of right now, eating, motor skills (finite and hard like coordination) and social interaction. We also learned that we will need 4 types of therapists. The linguistic therapist needs to begin working with Matthew privately until we have the opportunity to enter Matthew into a state-of-the-art facility and expert therapists called "CRIT". Matthew is now on the waiting list to get in which is located in La Paz. Wewill be moving to La Paz in approximately one month. We will also need to begin working with 3 other therapists (all privately) until Matthew is entered into CRIT. To learn more about CRIT, please see this link: http://teleton.org/crit/baja-california-sur

Please contact Seth direct at seth.w.romans@gmail.com if you can help.

Thanks,
Ted

BajaBlanca - 2-20-2014 at 04:33 PM

So sad for the family. May he get the help he needs. I will pray for his son.

Photo of Matthew

MexicoTed - 2-21-2014 at 10:48 PM

Here is a photo of little Matthew