BajaNomad

Making room reservations: 4 out of 4

Santiago - 2-26-2014 at 01:36 PM

Made reservations at 4 spots last trip, two rooms, and they all worked without a hitch:
1. Keri at Pyramid is always spot on; always a great first night on the balcony.
2. Jardines had us down and exactly what we asked for.
3. Cowboy was expecting us (via Shari).
4. The one that was worrisome was Alfonsinas as the email and deposit go to Chula Vista. I printed everything including the canceled check but really didn't need those. Hotel was full. The one thing that did catch us, no 110v outlets in the rooms. We were leaving early, before they had coffee ready and our travel coffee maker was no good - thus the Sanka at Rancho Grande.

Udo - 2-26-2014 at 01:38 PM

Shouldn't they have a Starbucks or an OXXO nearby?

Reservations

bajaguy - 2-26-2014 at 01:57 PM

You always have reservations at our place!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Santiago
Made reservations at 4 spots last trip, two rooms, and they all worked without a hitch:
1. Keri at Pyramid is always spot on; always a great first night on the balcony.
4. The one that was worrisome was Alfonsinas as the email and deposit go to Chula Vista. I printed everything including the canceled check but really didn't need those. Hotel was full. The one thing that did catch us, no 110v outlets in the rooms. We were leaving early, before they had coffee ready and our travel coffee maker was no good - thus the Sanka at Rancho Grande.

DavidE - 2-26-2014 at 01:59 PM

Camper's single burner LPG bottle stove.
Stainless steel percolator to heat the water
Melitta coffeemaker, + your brand of coffee.

Damned tough to beat. Start to finish, 11-minutes. Cost? Depends on how much you'd use it. Way the hell faster than a heating coil even if there was la luz.

Bajaboy - 2-26-2014 at 02:00 PM

Quote:

I travel with a french press in Baja. Hot water is always available.

TecateRay - 3-2-2014 at 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
Quote:

Hot water always available???? Not in the showers:tumble::tumble:

Bajaboy - 3-2-2014 at 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TecateRay
Quote:
Quote:

Hot water always available???? Not in the showers:tumble::tumble:

true dat:lol:

Marc - 3-2-2014 at 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE
Camper's single burner LPG bottle stove.
Stainless steel percolator to heat the water
Melitta coffeemaker, + your brand of coffee.

Damned tough to beat. Start to finish, 11-minutes. Cost? Depends on how much you'd use it. Way the hell faster than a heating coil even if there was la luz.

Ditto. Never leave without it.

acadist - 3-2-2014 at 06:57 PM

I just carry Starbucks canned doubleshots........just in case

basautter - 3-3-2014 at 05:44 AM

There is an AC outlet near the office at Alfonsina's. It's live during the day. Not sure about early morning. They don't make coffee until around 7:00 A.M.. I recommend bringing your confirmation email to Alfonsina's. I have stayed there many times, and once or twice there was confusion about the days/requested room. Enjoy!

motoged - 3-3-2014 at 02:03 PM

Quote:

I think I will travel with a French maid next trip....I just like to watch her make the coffee....

Seriously, though.....

I travel with a socket adapter for a light fixture so I can plug in electric kettle, or my CPAP machine when wall plugs are not readily available:

BajaBlanca - 3-3-2014 at 09:28 PM

Brilliant idea.

motoged - 3-3-2014 at 09:49 PM

Blanca,
Thanks....they are BOTH brilliant ideas :biggrin:

larryC - 3-4-2014 at 08:09 AM

Ged
If you are in need of a cpap machine, then there is no telling what watching that French made will do to your heart. :lol: but I admire your persistence.

Udo - 3-4-2014 at 09:31 AM

That is a REALLY great idea!
I can live without caffeine for a half hour or so. But after that I get really grumpy!

Quote:
Originally posted by acadist
I just carry Starbucks canned doubleshots........just in case

mtgoat666 - 3-4-2014 at 10:39 AM

try the aeropress with fine ground coffee