BajaNomad

The House of Rottweilers

Gypsy Jan - 2-26-2014 at 02:05 PM

Yesterday, when my husband's secretary arrived and walked down to the casa, the gardener said to her, "You live in that house with the Rottweilers - they are dangerous dogs! Aren't you afraid that they will bite you?"

She replied, "No, not all, but they will bite you if you try to enter the property, without permission."

[Edited on 2-26-2014 by Gypsy Jan]

bajabuddha - 2-26-2014 at 02:31 PM

Rotties, like all big dawgs, need extra CONSISTENT discipline and training... and being of the 'Breed-dog' status, they can be linneally inbred, and be needing even more-so. My only beef with them is the SLOBBER!
:barf:
I've always maintained that a dawg is only as smart as its' owner; i've seen some pretty smart ones, and a lot of downright dumb ones too. However, i speak fluent dawg, and i believe people we're stuck with, but dawgs is FAMILY. Gawd love a gud dawg.
:yes:

DavidE - 2-26-2014 at 03:17 PM

May god protect me from ever screwing up and moving to a place where I needed junkyard dog protection.

bajabuddha - 2-26-2014 at 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE
May god protect me from ever screwing up and moving to a place where I needed junkyard dog protection.

I'd trust a good ol' junkyard dawg for protection before i'd trust your imaginary friend.....:lol:

[Edited on 2-26-2014 by bajabuddha]

pacificobob - 2-26-2014 at 04:00 PM

jan, do you feel as if the folks around you (who don't consider you a gringo due to your mexican citizenship) are a sufficient threat to require vicious breed dogs and the need to be heavily armed? what is the source of your fear? i hope you will feel better soon.

[Edited on 2-26-2014 by pacificobob]

DavidE - 2-26-2014 at 04:29 PM

Perros machos are a status symbol. In my home turf chihuahuas on the roof make a great alarm system.

Dog versus .45 is not a real contest.

You folks live in a different world I guess.

BajaBlanca - 2-26-2014 at 04:59 PM

GJ that is a great response!

Our Rotties are Disciplined and Trained

Gypsy Jan - 2-26-2014 at 05:23 PM

They are people friendly when introduced.

We have all kinds of service people, like the propane delivery truck guys who come here.

But, it is useful that there is an appearance of intimidation, if someone is contemplating doing some house invasion.

DENNIS - 2-26-2014 at 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy Jan

She replied, "No, not all, but they will bite you if you try to enter the property, without permission."

Well...I guess she set that guy straight. :rolleyes: