BajaNomad

Fuel prices March 2014...

BajaCactus - 3-1-2014 at 02:01 AM

Fuel prices effective March 1st, 2014...

Magna.............$ 12.50 pesos per liter
Premium..........$ 13.12 pesos per liter
Diesel..............$ 12.95 pesos per liter

These prices are in liters... since 1 gallon = 3.7854 liters and today (March 1st, 2014) 1 dollar = $13.00 pesos (+/-), we can calculate the approximate price per gallon:

Magna.............$ 3.640 dollars per gallon
Premium..........$ 3.820 dollars per gallon
Diesel..............$ 3.771 dollars per gallon

BajaCactus
"Where Baja is so much more than a dream..."

[Edited on 3-1-2014 by BajaCactus]

bajabuddha - 3-1-2014 at 02:59 AM

Good reckoning, BC, but there's one more consideration... the exchange rate says 13.+ to one, but you don't actually get that from the banks, cambios, or atm's. They all take a leetle off the top, only half a point mas o meno; and a very important factor is; show me a pump in Baja you get a full liter per measurement. Depends on the station you fill up at, but we all know you can fit 40 gallons in a 30 gallon tank in Baja just about anywhere, even a few hours after certification. Take a 5 or 6 gallon Jerry Can to your local Pemex and fill it to the mark on the bottle, and see what you get (5-or-6 x 3.78). So, when you have a 35 gallon tank like my Tank has, it's more like roughly $4.00/gal U.S., and i'm paying through the nose on it. Oh, and gas prices took a jump stateside this week, y'all. Welcome to the Pre-Memorial Day Run-Up.
Happy trails.
bb:cool:

Hook - 3-1-2014 at 04:29 AM

I took money out of an ATM yesterday and got 13.03, including fees.

BTW, Bajabuddha, Baja Cactus OWNS a Pemex station. :spingrin:

chuckie - 3-1-2014 at 05:29 AM

I think he knew that....

DENNIS - 3-1-2014 at 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaCactus

Assuming it's the same up here,.......that's 40 cntvos mas than February.

Thanks, Antonio.

vandenberg - 3-1-2014 at 08:29 AM

With these prices it makes you wonder how the average Mexican worker can afford to drive a car :?:

David K - 3-1-2014 at 08:36 AM

Thank you Antonio.... that makes Pemex about 25 cents a gallon cheaper than here in San Diego County, at the moment.

bajagrouper - 3-1-2014 at 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

Thanks, Antonio.

I just drove in February and the price difference is 9 centavos not 40....
March price=12.50

Feb price =12.41
------------------------
.09 Difference

durrelllrobert - 3-1-2014 at 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
I took money out of an ATM yesterday and got 13.03, including fees.

...and those fees not only depend on which bank's ATM you use but where the ATM is located. AT the pelican store in Ensenada the BANORTE ATM is charging 50.8 pesos to use their machine while the HSBC machine right next to it only charges 22.3. If you want to use the HSBC machine at the Calimax store in Maneadero (where the poor shop) you have to pay 28.7 pesos.

woody with a view - 3-1-2014 at 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Thank you Antonio.... that makes Pemex about 25 cents a gallon cheaper than here in San Diego County, at the moment.

i filled up in yuma yesterday for $3.29/gal. that will last me until next friday when i do it again prior to coming home.

DENNIS - 3-1-2014 at 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajagrouper
Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

Thanks, Antonio.

I just drove in February and the price difference is 9 centavos not 40....
March price=12.50

Feb price =12.41
------------------------
.09 Difference

OK.......throughout the month of February, the price per liter here in Punta Banda was 12.10.
Eees Messico....what more can I say. :light:

bajabuddha - 3-1-2014 at 09:47 AM

Quote:
Yup, Calif. libs in control mean the people are punished with higher taxes... $3.89/ gal. and more ethanol to lower your mileage too! :smug:

Jayziss, Dave. Didn't even make it to the 2nd page before the name-calling and chite-smearing begins. Seems the prices were just as high when Gov. Ahnold was in. I'm gonna see if that one guy has an extra Give-o-chite meter. Wipe off the Faux News lipstick, willya plz? Gives me an image of an elephant, head buried in the sand, big butt up in the air waving around and spewing... aw, shucks. And all i hear from underground is '' mffff... ffmmmuflll.. frmphhh... libtardffmnemmmmm..."
:barf:

David K - 3-1-2014 at 09:50 AM

There are lib Republicans too (like Arnold)... I think to not lower taxes when the economy is crashing is a shame and hurtful to the poor.

Bajajorge - 3-1-2014 at 10:29 AM

Quote:

Premium..........$ 13.12 pesos per liter
Diesel..............$ 12.95 pesos per liter

These prices are in liters... since 1 gallon = 3.7854 liters and today (March 1st, 2014) 1 dollar = $13.00 pesos (+/-), we can calculate the approximate price per gallon:

Magna.............$ 3.640 dollars per gallon
Premium..........$ 3.820 dollars per gallon
Diesel..............$ 3.771 dollars per gallon

BajaCactus
"Where Baja is so much more than a dream..."

[Edited on 3-1-2014 by BajaCactus]

Wow, in Nevada this week I gave $3.37 for regular unlead, and $3.76 for diesel.

MitchMan - 3-1-2014 at 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by vandenberg
With these prices it makes you wonder how the average Mexican worker can afford to drive a car :?:

I have been wondering that for some time now. What is more surprising is how the average Mexican can afford to buy the cars that they are now driving. The caliber of cars at the Walmart parking lot in La Paz are not much different than the cars at Walmarts in Orange County, CAlifornia.

Prior to 10 years ago, most cars on the road in La Paz were old beaters. Today the cars in La Paz are as good on the average as seen in middle class California.

Certainly, Mexicans are taking advantage of car loans which I think may account for a lot of the up tick in more costly cars being commonly driven in La Paz. But, I think that the real cause is the fact that real estate is so cheap in Baja, and so is labor for all services. These days in USA, especially in So Cal, the cost of housing is rising and at least 6 times more costly than in La Paz and labor cost for skilled and unskilled labor is comparatively much more expensive in the USA. The comparative 'savings' that Mexicans experience due to low cost housing is available for gasoline, auto purchase and food purchases. I think, that is why food at grocery stores and restaurant prices are the same or at least very close to price levels in the USA and why the price of gasoline hasn't been seen to affect driving habits of Mexicans so far as I can see.

Prices are ultimately determined by what the market will pay at a given supply level that sustains optimal profits and not based solely on the cost to the vendor of the products they sell.

[Edited on 3-1-2014 by MitchMan]

DavidE - 3-1-2014 at 10:58 AM

Baja Cactus dispensers are accurate. Always have been, even 20 years ago when the station was "Servicio Meza". The problem is the Petroleo Mexicano hog trough in Mexico City and the Pemex labor union chief who demands millions upon millions in extortion directly from the company. For himself. This is why taxes and tramites are going up there isn't enough peanut butter to feed all the mice.

secgob shot his mouth off day before yesterday and declared a freeze on taxes and tramites. Let's see how long this lasts. Maybe the threat of vehiculos nacionalizados Front BCS is over. I hope so. No specific details were released along with all the hot air.

durrelllrobert - 3-1-2014 at 12:36 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
Quote:

i filled up in yuma yesterday for $3.29/gal. that will last me until next friday when i do it again prior to coming home.

Yup, Calif. libs in control mean the people are punished with higher taxes... $3.89/ gal. and more ethanol to lower your mileage too! :smug:

Jerry Brown stated that people in CA SHOULD pay more than people in AZ because they are MORE SOPHISTICATED (WTF that means)

rts551 - 3-1-2014 at 12:44 PM

Starting out an answer with "Yup" doesn't say much for the sophistication of Kalifornicans!:lol: Ask the people in Arizona how their roads are holding up. lower taxes and less services.