BajaNomad

Permint resident

measomsan - 3-1-2014 at 06:43 PM

Does that mean no capital ganies when I sell my casa ?

Russ - 3-1-2014 at 08:08 PM

No :(

measomsan - 3-1-2014 at 08:10 PM

Bummer

Russ - 3-1-2014 at 08:13 PM

I know but working with a good tax person can save you thousands. So I'm told.

woody with a view - 3-2-2014 at 07:16 AM

pay your taxes. the rest us us need it!

measomsan - 3-2-2014 at 07:27 AM

Will do, but outside of getting to go thru the Mexico line at the airport tha does save time. I'm just trying to see what else is gained by completing this process

Getting confection reports about having or not having to import car with US plates. If I fly and don't show I'm perment thenimjust carry the paper status. But then no short Mexican line.

durrelllrobert - 3-2-2014 at 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by measomsan
Will do, but outside of getting to go thru the Mexico line at the airport tha does save time. I'm just trying to see what else is gained by completing this process

Getting confection reports about having or not having to import car with US plates. If I fly and don't show I'm perment thenimjust carry the paper status. But then no short Mexican line.

PM STATUS ALSO ALLOWS YOU TO LEGALLY WORK IN MEXICO.

oladulce - 3-3-2014 at 05:57 AM

Yeah, we thought we'd be at the top of the ladder with Permanentes and then discovered there's another rung to go for the capital gains benefit. Citizenship and receipts/proof that the place you're selling has been your primary residence for 5 years is the criteria to reduce Cap gains, if I've been reading accurate sources.

Not excited about having to deal with citizenship but 30% (ish) tax is a big motivator.