BajaNomad

Toggle switch

Nye - 3-12-2014 at 05:35 AM

This may have been said but I found no mention of it in old post-for automobile anti theft I have a hidden toggle switch on my car/truck ignition. I have had 1 truck stolen in baja and have many friends who have had theirs stolen.This lil trick seems to work for me.Have a great day.

Cappy - 3-12-2014 at 06:19 AM

I know guys who have rigged their collector cars cigarette lighters as kill switches as well

Bob53 - 3-12-2014 at 09:02 AM

I have one installed in my Manx buggy. I also have a removable steering wheel.

jbcoug - 3-12-2014 at 10:23 AM

I once saw a guy driving with a pipe wrench duct taped to the steering hub. I hope he doesn't find your Manx.

Bob53 - 3-12-2014 at 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jbcoug
I once saw a guy driving with a pipe wrench duct taped to the steering hub. I hope he doesn't find your Manx.

Well, he'd have to find the hidden switch too.

DirkEXC - 3-12-2014 at 10:30 AM

If you know how to hot wire a VW or older car its really easy to by pass the
ingition toggle. If you have an electric fuel pump you can put a switch on it which will be hard to find and bypass. They will get down the road a bit and run out of gas.

DavidE - 3-12-2014 at 10:32 AM

A Canadian I met had a VW "Thing" with an absolutely life-like rattlesnake model coiled up. He placed the snake on the passenger floorboard. Where he got the electronic buzzing noise effect gadget from eludes my memory. It was battery powered but it scared the hell out of me in downtown Zihuatanejo. He rigged it to a vibration sensor. I remember he was from Nova Scotia. "Don't have problems even with no top".

Bob53 - 3-12-2014 at 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DirkEXC
If you know how to hot wire a VW or older car its really easy to by pass the
ingition toggle. If you have an electric fuel pump you can put a switch on it which will be hard to find and bypass. They will get down the road a bit and run out of gas.

That's exactly how I have it wired. Sometimes I forget to turn it on run out of gas a short ways down the road.

Nye - 3-12-2014 at 10:54 AM

pulling out master fuses works also, also lock type lug nuts are good as long as 1 doesnt misplace lug key.