BajaNomad

Dog Stories, Pt. X

Gypsy Jan - 3-16-2014 at 10:57 AM

I broke up a dog fight yesterday.

The elderly (six-years), one-eyed, totally, deaf, merlequin Great Dane has a tendency to miss other dog clues, like body language and warning growls.

Everybody is very excited at breakfast time and I separate the young dogs from the older dogs so they can eat in peace.

But, yesterday, the young male Rottie, a rising alpha, shoved open the door where he was and came and decided to teach the Great Dane a lesson and took him down onto the floor and his sister was doing back up.

I lifted the male Rottie off the Great Dane, all the while screaming at him.

He and his sister retreated across the room and sat, looking at me with "What did we do wrong?" expressions.

I told both Rotties, in a few sentences, laced with profanities, just what they had done wrong.

They crept away to spend the rest of the day outside - I didn't see them again until dinnertime.

Nobody got hurt, with the exception of me wrenching my knee.

bajabuddha - 3-16-2014 at 11:30 AM

I, too had a run-in yesterday with a Rottie... my friend's big 2 year-old who is a leaner decided to lay down on my foot, and i'm experiencing a touch of gout at the moment. Needless to say, my Spanish Cussing Lessons came in quite handy. No harm done other than a slobber stain, gawd luv him.

bajacalifornian - 3-16-2014 at 11:52 AM

I'm enjoying your style more & more.

Kindly, stay with it . . .