BajaNomad

We rode some Baja

Sweetwater - 3-19-2014 at 10:08 PM

I've got a full ride report going on AdvRider and simply don't have the ability to post the full report in a duplicate form here.

I will tell you that this forum plays a significant role in guiding me and providing support. I can only express my appreciation for the folks and resources available here and I hope that you can spend the time and bandwidth to enjoy our full moto ride experience....

Here's a few tidbits......

+

Your call but I hope it's good for you too........I totally enjoyed it....http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=961307

DianaT - 3-19-2014 at 10:17 PM

Looking forward to reading your full report! It is good to see that Oscar in San Ignacio is still going and looks pretty good. Since we can't make it there this year, I really love seeing his picture.

David K - 3-19-2014 at 10:28 PM

Very enjoyable set of photos taken by both you guys... a fun ride for sure! Thanks for the link... and if you ever want to post the photos and captions here, one way is to click edit over on AdvRider, and copy the post and links, then come here and paste them... keeping two windows open and going back and forth until it is done.

However, it was fine to show us the photos you have over there! Thank you!!

Sweetwater - 3-19-2014 at 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT
Looking forward to reading your full report! It is good to see that Oscar in San Ignacio is still going and looks pretty good. Since we can't make it there this year, I really love seeing his picture.

My dad is a year older and not in as good shape.

I can only tell you that it's the folks I meet, who live and thrive in their own world, I really can't express how great that is to me. My folks had a family motel in Bondurant Wyoming for 25 years and it's a big piece of my heritage and experience. I just want to encourage all of us to stop and appreciate what it takes to live and have family in these spots on the planet.....wow

Whale-ista - 3-19-2014 at 11:23 PM

Great photos! Thanks for sharing your adventure.

Looks like everyone was having a good time.

Bob H - 3-19-2014 at 11:26 PM

Very good stuff!! Thanks...

Ateo - 3-20-2014 at 07:44 AM

The full AdvRider report is awesome!!!! Thanks.

TMW - 3-20-2014 at 08:56 AM

Loved the pictures, thanks. The Tootsies pix reminded me I had watched "Restaruant Impossible" last night and they renovated a Tootsies restaruant.

bufeo - 3-20-2014 at 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sweetwater...My folks had a family motel in Bondurant Wyoming for 25 years and it's a big piece of my heritage and experience. I just want to encourage all of us to stop and appreciate what it takes to live and have family in these spots on the planet.....wow

First of all, thanks for your good report. I had seen it first over on AdvRider and thought that you might post it here.

"Bondurant, WY", eh? Many years ago (20± a year or two) my wife and I were staying at a guest ranch over near Cora. I had booked a couple of days fly-fishing on the Green and in between those bookings we decided to take a look at the Hoback River.

After we crossed over into the Hoback Basin and were on our way downstream to the "Junction" I remember passing through Bondurant. Nice part of the planet. No wonder you wrote what you did above.

This past Thanksgiving on our way home from Jackson as we passed the Junction, my wife asked, "Did you ever go back to fish the Hoback?" I haven't...but it's still on my list.

Allen R.

DianaT - 3-20-2014 at 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sweetwater
Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT

My dad is a year older and not in as good shape.

I can only tell you that it's the folks I meet, who live and thrive in their own world, I really can't express how great that is to me. My folks had a family motel in Bondurant Wyoming for 25 years and it's a big piece of my heritage and experience. I just want to encourage all of us to stop and appreciate what it takes to live and have family in these spots on the planet.....wow

For us, it is always all about the people.

Very much enjoyed the trip report on the other forum--- lots of meaningful, interesting and good pictures.

Thanks

Sweetwater - 3-21-2014 at 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bufeo
Quote:
Originally posted by Sweetwater...My folks had a family motel in Bondurant Wyoming for 25 years and it's a big piece of my heritage and experience. I just want to encourage all of us to stop and appreciate what it takes to live and have family in these spots on the planet.....wow

First of all, thanks for your good report. I had seen it first over on AdvRider and thought that you might post it here.

"Bondurant, WY", eh? Many years ago (20± a year or two) my wife and I were staying at a guest ranch over near Cora. I had booked a couple of days fly-fishing on the Green and in between those bookings we decided to take a look at the Hoback River.

After we crossed over into the Hoback Basin and were on our way downstream to the "Junction" I remember passing through Bondurant. Nice part of the planet. No wonder you wrote what you did above.

This past Thanksgiving on our way home from Jackson as we passed the Junction, my wife asked, "Did you ever go back to fish the Hoback?" I haven't...but it's still on my list.

Allen R.

I grew up, literally, fly fishing the Hoback and Granite River system from the age of 8. I got an 8 foot "Gibson" fibreglass rod that looked like a huge baseball bat, it was so stiff....but in 35 years, I never got skunked. My first day without it, the boron rod couldn't find a fish.........'member, the time a man spends fishin' doesn't count towards his final tally......

BTW, that Adventure Ride Report is a work in progress. As of this morning, we're on Day 7 of 14 and chasing whales in Magdelena Bay.....Keep on keeping on.....

Sweetwater - 3-21-2014 at 05:40 PM

A few more pics to entice anyone else to spend some time with chabon and the walrus on their 2 week ride through some wonderful times and places....

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=961307

willyAirstream - 3-22-2014 at 01:56 PM

Looks like a great trip. Full report on adv is super.

Sweetwater - 3-27-2014 at 08:24 PM

Thanks, just a reminder that there's still a few days of report to come....and can you name these locations?

We had a great ride and so much Baja we didn't get to see.....something left for next time....:bounce:

[Edited on 3-28-2014 by Sweetwater]