BajaNomad

Were you stuck in the sand in San Juanico today?

oladulce - 3-24-2014 at 06:12 PM

The local cops stopped by to chat this afternoon and mentioned they had just pulled out a truck who'd gotten stuck in the seaweed on the town beach. Apparently the abundance of seaweed near the water has become covered by sand and vehicles are sinking in it daily.

The recent sinking victims were gringos (who told them they came from Lopez Mateos) were driving a white F250 with a lumber rack. They neglected to return the only good tow strap the police have and the cops expect they'll be needing it for Semana Santa.

They'd appreciate the return of their tow strap. Gracias

woody with a view - 3-24-2014 at 06:29 PM

sorry, nope.....

Udo - 3-24-2014 at 06:34 PM

I would like to have gotten a photo of that!!!:bounce:

Tomas Tierra - 3-24-2014 at 07:42 PM

Not me... But maybe next week!

chavycha - 3-24-2014 at 09:33 PM

If I was, I sure wouldn't fess up to it here! :D

Russ - 3-25-2014 at 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by chavycha
If I was, I sure wouldn't fess up to it here! :D

Good point:light:

tecatero - 3-25-2014 at 07:12 AM

stupid gringos......also a Ford stuck, really ?? lol

oladulce - 3-25-2014 at 07:36 AM

No fessing required. The cops are nice guys and they just need the strap to help future victims. The rescuee can drop the strap off at any Comondu cop shop and they'll pick it up.

By the time they pulled the folks out yesterday, the tide had come up and water was flowing thru the cab of the Ford, he reported. Their new Toyota diesel cop truck was able to pull them out but bent the heck out of their tow bar in the process.

Guess sinking in the seaweed is such a problem on the "town beach" where the palapas are, they won't allow camping/driving there for Semana Santa. Camping will be South of Panga Beach. The town wanted to bring heavy equip to remove the weed but SEMARNAT said "negative, it's part of the ecology".

A friend said for Sunday fun they sat on the sand dune and watched vehicles and the seaweed saga. For now, the juiciest headline we've got is "SEAWEED, friend or foe ?"

oladulce - 3-25-2014 at 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tecatero
stupid gringos......also a Ford stuck, really ?? lol

According to reports, the Weed is claiming all ethnicities and vehicles and by far more Mexicano have been victims. Only reason this made the news is the missing tow strap.

BajaBlanca - 3-25-2014 at 07:56 AM

No camping for semana santa! That is gonna be hard to stop, I think. But if the vehicles are getting stuck, there really is no alternative.

Sure hope a towline magically appears!

willardguy - 3-25-2014 at 08:20 AM

aw shoot, this davidK fellow says I need to let the air out of my tires!:rolleyes:

Hook - 3-25-2014 at 08:42 AM

Willard, can you ask DavidK to get us a map and GPS points to that poor girl's location? She looks very hot and without adequate shade.

brewer - 3-25-2014 at 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
aw shoot, this davidK fellow says I need to let the air out of my tires!:rolleyes:

Good one!

oladulce - 3-25-2014 at 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
No camping for semana santa! That is gonna be hard to stop, I think. But if the vehicles are getting stuck, there really is no alternative.

Sure hope a towline magically appears!

They just plan to move the camping zone down the beach a bit Blanca, which may prove to be difficult. To deny camping on Semana Santa would go against the laws of nature. ;)

Paulina - 3-25-2014 at 09:24 AM

Just curious, why did they leave the tow strap with them and not take it after pulling them out?

P>*)))>{

Tomas Tierra - 3-25-2014 at 09:30 AM

I'll be down next week... I'll bring a spare tow strap to donate.
Couldn't think of a better way to try and accumulate road karma

pappy - 3-25-2014 at 12:38 PM

why didn't the gringos have their own tow strap? pretty lame to be cruising around without one...

motoged - 3-25-2014 at 12:46 PM

Ya....let's start a thread about gringos ripping off Mexicans :light:

....and see how that goes over here :lol:

bajalearner - 3-25-2014 at 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by pappy
why didn't the gringos have their own tow strap? pretty lame to be cruising around without one...

It appears they have one now.

monoloco - 3-25-2014 at 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy

I suspect she didn't have to wait long for assistance.

woody with a view - 3-25-2014 at 08:42 PM

looks like a potty pose......

Hook - 3-26-2014 at 06:22 AM

I hope these guys get the karma they deserve.

The cops were acting as Good Samaritans with a piece of equipment that is valuable to many. The cops apparently took risks with their own truck to do this and sustained damage to their truck.

Bad juju should rain on them.

And it probably will. Driving in the tidal zone in a truck that heavy is foolish. Fools usually end up paying, over and over.