BajaNomad

Ties, dress shirts for boys/UPDATE 4/10/14

BajaBlanca - 3-26-2014 at 06:55 AM

The project is described below, but please scroll down to see the latest photos.

The young sponsored adults who are studying in La Paz and Santa Rosalia will soon be going for internship interviews and I realized they aren't very prepared clotheswise.

I bought them each ties yesterday but could use some help with used or new dress shirts, shoes, ties, dress pants for the 5 guys. First the boys and later I will see what the girls need.

The boys are all shirt size medium, but I can get more specific info about sizes from them.

Please don't rain on my parade if you are not interested in helping out!

I happen to be in San Diego now, so local donations can be picked up. Thanks all !

[Edited on 3-27-2014 by BajaBlanca]

[Edited on 4-1-2014 by BajaBlanca]

[Edited on 4-10-2014 by BajaBlanca]

Genecag - 3-26-2014 at 07:22 AM

How long will you be in San Diego??

Hi, BajaBlanca

Gypsy Jan - 3-26-2014 at 10:02 AM

We have four good quality ties to donate - three are silk, the other is a JG Hook label grosgrain.

All are very conservative in color and appearance.

We have a mail service in Rosarito Centro and we could put the ties in an envelope and leave it there for you to pick up.

Or we could meet and have lunch at Splash!

Just suggestions. :tumble:

BajaBlanca - 3-26-2014 at 10:20 AM

I am in San Diego until April 3 and gypsy jan, THANkS, lets see how we can work this out (((: I am bussing back to La Bocana......

Here is a pic of what I bought yesterday, it was the first time I had ever bought a tie LOL, my ex was a sculptor and Les retired right after we met. If you have met him, you can see that he rarely even puts on shoes (just flip flops!) let alone a tie.

Desribing the Ties

Gypsy Jan - 3-26-2014 at 10:39 AM

One silk is in a rep stripe pattern; yellow, cream and red pinstripe.

One silk one has a dull mustard background with black mini-dots.

The other silk tie has a paisley pattern in red and royal blue - very muted.

The JG Hook grosgrain is dark green with mini-prints of flying ducks.

My dear goodness, I must be boring everyone out there out of their with the fashion information details. ;D

liknbaja127 - 3-26-2014 at 07:23 PM

Blanca, We will be coming back early may, for the Norra race. I will work on our group, to see what we can come up with. Thanks again to you and Les, for a great place to stay. And your right, I can't see Les with a tie :lol:

BajaBlanca - 3-26-2014 at 07:49 PM

:bounce:

Gypsy Jan, those ties sound very nice (((:

Gracias to All.

CaboMagic - 3-26-2014 at 08:25 PM

edited .. LG sorry still tech challenged :rolleyes:

Blanca I replied!

[Edited on 3-27-2014 by CaboMagic]

[Edited on 3-27-2014 by CaboMagic]

Ice chest SOLD

BajaBlanca - 3-27-2014 at 07:18 AM

These are items that I must sell this week. Make an offer and come and get it! ANYTHING goes, I am thinking ice chest for $5, as an example. Please help me by buying, these items are here in
San Diego. All the proceeds are for the kids.

The ice chest is not new, but it is in perfect condition.

Think EARLY Christmas present. (((:

BajaBlanca - 3-27-2014 at 07:20 AM

Fun wedding gift?

BajaBlanca - 3-27-2014 at 07:24 AM

Brand new, in box, deluxe popcorn popper

Anyone love cooking?

BajaBlanca - 3-27-2014 at 07:28 AM

BajaBlanca - 3-27-2014 at 07:39 AM

nandopedal - 3-27-2014 at 09:10 AM

Hi Blanca, check you U2U

55steve - 3-27-2014 at 12:34 PM

I'm down for the ice chest - $10 seems fair.

Damn, we had a garage sale last week and sold all my dress shirts - like Les, I had no need for them once I retired!

I am in Santee and can meet up with you anywhere in San Diego.

[Edited on 3-27-2014 by 55steve]

BajaBlanca - 3-27-2014 at 02:12 PM

Steve, the ice chest is sold but how about the automatic ice maker? You name the price, there is no haggling, folks! If you don't buy it, I am donating it to goodwill and the kids lose out )):

55steve - 3-28-2014 at 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
Steve, the ice chest is sold but how about the automatic ice maker? You name the price, there is no haggling, folks! If you don't buy it, I am donating it to goodwill and the kids lose out )):

The ice maker it is then! I sent a U2U

BajaBlanca - 3-28-2014 at 08:58 PM

Everything os gone. Done deal. Good !

55steve - 3-29-2014 at 12:59 PM

Nice meeting you today Blanca! Hope to get down your way soon.

Ateo - 3-29-2014 at 01:59 PM

If someone can meet me off the I-805 in SD/National City/Border Area in 3 hours I have some ties.

BajaBlanca - 3-29-2014 at 08:52 PM

Saw this too late....I can meet you anywhere, anytime. I will call ypu tomorrow. Muchas gracias!

BajaBlanca - 3-31-2014 at 08:20 PM

Thank you ATEO and family! Your ties are just beautiful!

BajaBlanca - 4-1-2014 at 10:50 PM

And 30 more ties arrived, these kids are set for life! Thanks Ruben and his beautiful wife for meeting with me today! Ties...caps.....safety glasses......Thanks.

BajaBlanca - 4-1-2014 at 11:00 PM

And here is what I bought with the cash I made selling stuff:

And for one kid who really has very little money, I found a sponsor who will make a deposit this week that will enable Cristian to have lunch every day. And here are some shorts for him:

I bought shorts for the others as well, but those are Christmas presents (((: This one is for now.

Says Les that Ron who is camping in Bahia Asuncion left a package of clothing as well......can't wait to see them. Thanks amigos! This was a positive experience and I think we have plenty of ties for this group and now I can start work on the single student who will start as a freshman this August.

May you all be blessed.

[Edited on 4-2-2014 by BajaBlanca]

BajaLucy - 4-2-2014 at 10:24 AM

Glad we could help out Blanca with those kiddos or young adults :)

BajaBlanca - 4-2-2014 at 10:33 AM

BajaLucy! Good to see you on here!

DENNIS - 4-2-2014 at 10:37 AM

"Super deals for YOU in SDiego....... Ties, dress shirts for boys"

What are "ties?"

BajaBlanca - 4-10-2014 at 10:46 AM

I know Dennis, what the heck ARE ties?

Thought I would post pics of the whole package I put together for the kids who are in college. They have to get internships set up in order to continue getting sponsorship and this is just a little incentive.

Those who donated will see their ties (((((:

This first one is for Alexis:

This is for Cristian, he really needed clothes so I got him 3 pairs of shorts with the cash we generated together from the stuff sold. He is a future architect, so we got him some pencils and paper and paints as well at garage sales.

This is for Julian, who happened to stop by as I was organizing and separating the stuff and his eyes LIT UP. If anyone knows a company in La Paz that could use 2 internship helpers, both Alfonso and Julian are majoring in Internation Business.

This is for one of the girls: Clarissa - I gave her and her sister ties for their boyfriends as well as other goodies like make-up, toothpaste .....

Twin sister Graciela's incentive package (((:

and lastly, this is Alfonso's package:

There is another kid who will be starting college as a freshman this August and does not have a suitcase, so I got this small one for him.

As always, it is so fun to make a real difference in these kids' lives and I could not do it without everyone's help. Thanks so much for paying it forward!