BajaNomad

anybody goin to gonzaga for the easter "madness" ?

cj5orion - 3-26-2014 at 08:23 PM

besides the "usual easter madness....
with the pavement being all the way there this year...
it'll probably be worse than usual !
BUT...we have a bunch of people showing up...
fishin....drinkin...cookin

first few palapas on rafeals(sp) side...right by the"rock restaurant"
stop by for a beer or food !

Bajaboy - 3-26-2014 at 08:31 PM

We'll be around for one night on 4/3 but plan on camping at Papa's.

willardguy - 3-26-2014 at 08:32 PM

we'll be there. there's been some work going on at don rafa's restaurant, at least the grounds around it. wish he'd get it open!:yes:

Timo1 - 3-26-2014 at 08:35 PM

We'll be there tomorrow

redhilltown - 3-26-2014 at 11:40 PM

Will be traveling thru to points further south second weekend of April and will stop by at Coco's and will bring him a few things as suggested by Nomads...if you have current info on what he might like/need let me know!

The Wonderer - 3-27-2014 at 03:44 PM

Not Gonzaga, but Las Encantadas. Does that count?

Timo1 - 3-27-2014 at 04:31 PM

Redhill

We were at Coco's today and I asked if he wanted me to pass on any requests.

He was more concerned with his truck's fuel pump and wouldn't say if he wanted anything.

Oh well we tried

redhilltown - 3-27-2014 at 11:16 PM

Thanks Timo...we will take some fresh veggis if nothing us...I am a mechanical klutz so can't really help with the quad battery mentioned in another post...looking into some wire that TW said he may want.

As to the fishing, I have heard the water is warmer this year...are the temps up indeed in the Gonzaga area? Hopefully the gill netters have backed off a bit as well

JZ - 3-28-2014 at 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cj5orion
besides the "usual easter madness....
with the pavement being all the way there this year...
it'll probably be worse than usual !
BUT...we have a bunch of people showing up...
fishin....drinkin...cookin

first few palapas on rafeals(sp) side...right by the"rock restaurant"
stop by for a beer or food !

Yes, we will be their Saturday and Sunday. I'm thinking most people will stay in San Felipe, no?

area51captive - 3-28-2014 at 08:53 AM

Here's wishing everybody going to Gonzaga For an Ester vacation a great and safe trip. I would love to be there, too, but, alas, the bank won't wait for their payments. And, not to whip a practically dead burro, but I have a house for sale on the way to Gonzaga at El Huerfanito (good road in and out and no cannibals). To say the seller is motivated would be an understatement but I recognize that this place is not for everybody.

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=70747&pag...

The new highway is so mesmerizing it really takes an effort to slow down and turn in--I speak from experience, yep I've driven right by and I live there!!
So there's the invite maybe a Nomad or two "knows a guy who knows a guy". I'm always more than happy to answer any questions.

P S Why does NASA keep sending up Map and Photo satellites? Why don't they just connect with David K? He's got the goods and he shares willingly !!

dizzyspots - 3-29-2014 at 06:37 AM

Well we were going to...then heard...from a very reliable source... that the Chupacabra had eaten the Easter bunny...now I've been tasked with attending the bunny funeral in Buffalo.....

cj5orion - 3-29-2014 at 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dizzyspots
Well we were going to...then heard...from a very reliable source... that the Chupacabra had eaten the Easter bunny...now I've been tasked with attending the bunny funeral in Buffalo.....

sad,,,,but true
:o