BajaNomad

Nice earthquake

Taco de Baja - 3-28-2014 at 09:16 PM

5.3 shook LA pretty good. Very rolling.
few minutes ago

willardguy - 3-28-2014 at 09:27 PM

not a bump south of rosarito, but I am pretty medicated:coolup:

OCEANUS - 3-28-2014 at 09:29 PM

We felt it too in Dana Point. According to USGS, that quake was one of three in the same area (La Habra) today:

1st - 3.1
2nd - 5.1
3rd - 3.4

We experienced numerous earthquakes while camping in Bahia de Las Animas two years ago. The largest of the bunch was a 6.8 or 6.9. We ended up being about 15 miles from the epicenter; easily the closest people to the quake at that time. Now that was a fun ride!

San Francisquito did not fare well in those quakes. As far as I know, the damage to the resort still has not been repaired.

BajaBlanca - 3-28-2014 at 10:09 PM

We didn't feel a thing in San Diego!

DocRey - 3-28-2014 at 10:17 PM

Currently patrolling L.A. Harbor aboard Fire Boat 2. All still afloat or standing. Hope we're allowed to re-house tonight or it's gonna be a long one. :(

redhilltown - 3-29-2014 at 12:06 AM

Doc can probably see my building in downtown Long Beach from the water and yeah, it was rocking and rolling for quite some time. Opened my door to the hallway and a lady looking a bit shaky was walking down the stairs mumbling "I am going back to Louisiana".

MMc - 3-29-2014 at 08:38 AM

I was in Diamond Bar, felt like a toddler quake. you need to pay attention to but will not harm much. :tumble:

woody with a view - 3-29-2014 at 08:39 AM

didn't feel it, but i was less than an hour back at home from Yuma so my excitement level was peaking.....

David K - 3-29-2014 at 08:52 AM

Didn't feel it in San Diego (North County) either... Was sitting on the couch watching TV with Baja Angel.

Ateo - 3-29-2014 at 08:52 AM

We were watching Cosmos with Neil deGrasse Tyson on TV, when my wife alerted me. She felt it. I didn't. The chandelier was moving a tad.

durrelllrobert - 3-29-2014 at 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by redhilltown
a lady looking a bit shaky was walking down the stairs mumbling "I am going back to Louisiana".

To wait for the next hurricane that lasts for 15 hours vs the 15 second earthquake.

Geo_Skip - 3-30-2014 at 07:29 AM

Better to be shaken than stirred....Still there is a disturbing pattern to earthquake frequency on more westerly fault systems in So Cal since the Laguna Salida earthquake. The San Jacinto and Elsinore fault systems seem more active.

Is the stress field forcing the ruptures to straighten out between south and north of the Transverse range?

blackwolfmt - 3-30-2014 at 10:55 AM

definitely some Quakin going on , even Yellowstone just had the biggest in almost 30 yrs 4.8

dasubergeek - 3-30-2014 at 06:16 PM

I live about three miles from the epicenter and it's been shaking constantly since Friday... four in a row last night, not big, but enough to wake me up on the second floor of a house with a slab foundation.

Better to have a million little annoying ones than one big disastrous one.