BajaNomad

Blues lovers - good road music

Santiago - 4-6-2014 at 07:23 AM

I guess this is Baja related in that most of us have play lists for the long drives. Anyway, I just ran across Michael Bloomfield's From his Head to his Heart to his Hands compilation and it's outstanding, covers the full breadth of his incredible career.
$20 on iTunes and a box set with DVD is available as well for those of you who still insist on rolling a fatty and popping a music DVD into the giant screen TV w/ massive surround sound system.:cool:

[Edited on 4-6-2014 by Santiago]

DENNIS - 4-6-2014 at 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Santiago
[I]From his Head to his Heart to his Hands[/I]

Same problem I have, Jim. Type in the lower case [I] and it changes to upper case and doesn't work. You have to go back and change it manually.

watizname - 4-6-2014 at 09:40 PM

Bloomfield--wow. Light years ahead of everyone on the electric guitar. What a virtuoso. Early days with Paul Butterfield--------think I'll go put on my headphones---or---ah---earbuds, and listen to a master for a while. :cool:

willardguy - 4-6-2014 at 09:44 PM

yeah every once in awhile you gotta bust out super session:yes:

BornFisher - 4-6-2014 at 10:11 PM

Blues lovers--- some better than good music will be on this Baja and Mex cruise. Sorry SOLD OUT!!!!!!!!!!
If you are on board, let me know.---------
http://bluescruise.com/?page_id=3580

tripledigitken - 4-7-2014 at 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Santiago
I guess this is Baja related in that most of us have play lists for the long drives. Anyway, I just ran across Michael Bloomfield's From his Head to his Heart to his Hands compilation and it's outstanding, covers the full breadth of his incredible career.
$20 on iTunes and a box set with DVD is available as well for those of you who still insist on rolling a fatty and popping a music DVD into the giant screen TV w/ massive surround sound system.:cool:

[Edited on 4-6-2014 by Santiago]

There's a Mexican connection on Electric Flag's cover of Killing Floor (Bloomfield, Buddy Miles et all). I must have worn that track out.

go to 2:54

[Edited on 4-7-2014 by tripledigitken]

Sweetwater - 4-7-2014 at 02:34 AM

You all realize that there are a lot of talented young musicians that don't date back 40-50 years who are making great music that is far more relevant to current reality?

Just sayin'.......

And I thank my sons who are in their 20's.....

805gregg - 4-9-2014 at 07:31 PM

Check out Kenny Wayne Shepard, unreal blues, I seen him in person 3 times if you get the chance don't miss it, will blow you away, next East West Paul Butterfield blues band, you need a harmonica in a blues band, Paul is great

[Edited on 4-10-2014 by 805gregg]

blackwolfmt - 4-9-2014 at 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 805gregg
Check out Kenny Wayne Shepard, unreal blues, I seen him in person 3 times if you get the chance don't miss it, will blow you away, next East West Paul Butterfield blues band, you need a harmonica in a blues band, Paul is great

[Edited on 4-10-2014 by 805gregg]

one of my fav road racing tunes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfQiilDbnsI#t=260

[Edited on 4-10-2014 by blackwolfmt]

BornFisher - 4-9-2014 at 08:29 PM

Again I bring up the Blues Cruise. Seen Kenny on a few, and you should see him jam with the other pros. Wish he vocalized more, but the band is awesome and definitely a "must see" on the cruise. It is blues based rock, and they sure can stir an audience!!!

EDIT---- from the January cruise, filmed my a friend-----

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxAzpu8yzQM

[Edited on 4-10-2014 by BornFisher]

bajacalifornian - 10-4-2014 at 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BornFisher
Again I bring up the Blues Cruise. Seen Kenny on a few, and you should see him jam with the other pros. Wish he vocalized more, but the band is awesome and definitely a "must see" on the cruise. It is blues based rock, and they sure can stir an audience!!!

Good luck on land & sea . . .

BornFisher left today on the "Blues Cruise" headed your way Shari. Could be fun!

Alan - 10-5-2014 at 06:56 AM

No Blues playlist is complete without cuts from John Mayall's Turning Point album.

Anybody know if the Blues Cruise is stopping in La Paz again. I was lucky enough to catch them a couple of years ago. There was dancing in the streets! Hoping I can catch them again.

woody with a view - 10-5-2014 at 10:45 AM

check out Kim Wilson and The Fabulous Thunderbirds for some really good, modern blues. We've seen him twice at Winston's in OB with about 100 people in the place.

edit: KW places the hell outta that harmonica.....

[Edited on 10-5-2014 by woody with a view]

wessongroup - 10-5-2014 at 12:10 PM

Thanks ... good "stuff" :):)

my first 45 ...

[Edited on 10-5-2014 by wessongroup]