BajaNomad

san jose ruta corta highlights

willardguy - 4-6-2014 at 11:31 AM

yesterdays race didn't get alot of buzz here on nomads, these guys have got a fun series going on down there. unfortunately it was marred by an awful,awful prerunning accident, but here's a short highlight reel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cIcKqFdKco

bajajudy - 4-6-2014 at 11:38 AM

Thank you !
This is going on very near my house. Those jumps they are making are on a dirt road that runs parallel to the bridge.
I have been looking everywhere for some coverage. How did you find out about the wreck? Is there a blog or something on the net where I can read about the race?

willardguy - 4-6-2014 at 11:47 AM

the story is from tribunadeloscabos.com but I cant seem to copy it. go to http://**********.blogspot.mx/ and scroll down to "prerunners collide click here". I hope this wasn't a friend:no:

David K - 4-6-2014 at 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
the story is from tribunadeloscabos.com but I cant seem to copy it. go to http://**********.blogspot.mx/ and scroll down to "prerunners collide click here". I hope this wasn't a friend:no:

For a history of reasons, nothing from B-aja S-afari (Mike Overcast) will likely be seen here. I even had to add that dash to get both parts of the name to show! Do a search if you are interested.

willardguy - 4-6-2014 at 06:12 PM

listen hotrod, no ones questioning the man being an azzhole, but it occurs to me you are to baja what mike overcast is to desert racing. this story isn't about mike overcast, some bogus site, davidK, missions or anything other than the fine racing program growing in southern baja. you know, the place you read about and visit, on google earth anyway. what a couple of posers!:no:

David K - 4-6-2014 at 07:13 PM

"but I cant seem to copy it."

Willardguy, you wondered why your attempts to post Mike Overcast web sites failed... If you don't like that, take it up with Doug. I only addressed the reason to satisfy your bewilderment. I am sorry that my attempts to answer mysteries upsets you, but that is what I do.

willardguy - 4-6-2014 at 07:23 PM

listen nutbag, if you had read my post you would have seen the story was from tribunadeloscabos.com not you're buddy mikes site, did mike beat you up in highschool or something?

willardguy - 4-6-2014 at 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
"but I cant seem to copy it."

Willardguy, you wondered why your attempts to post Mike Overcast web sites failed... If you don't like that, take it up with Doug. I only addressed the reason to satisfy your bewilderment. I am sorry that my attempts to answer mysteries upsets you, but that is what I do.
im not upset, just waiting for you to satisfy my bewilderment! bring it on david. thats what you do, right?:rolleyes:

Huge fire in arroyo

bajajudy - 4-6-2014 at 09:46 PM

Don't know origin.
On San Jose side.

willardguy - 4-6-2014 at 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajajudy
Don't know origin.
On San Jose side.
was this on the course?

bajajudy - 4-6-2014 at 09:55 PM

Looks like it is at the last switch back coming down to the finish.
I thought the races were over?

willardguy - 4-6-2014 at 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Willardguy.... I apologize, I have 0 idea why you are bothered, I didn't try to upset anyone here with the data I share. I don't have anything to do with M.O., I was only saying that links to his sites don't work here, you didn't know that, that's all. Hope your day tomorrow is a better one!
:no: pathetic

bajajudy - 4-7-2014 at 08:45 AM

The fire is out but still has hot spots. My yard is littered with ash. Looks like it started close to Centenario not near the race course. BUT very near the Pemex...scary!
There is garbage everywhere but we saw a guy who said that there was going to be a clean-up with many people with bolsas negras. Vamos a ver!
The arroyo is a mess. The old trails are pitted and riddled with soft sand.
It will be interesting to see how long it takes to get back to normal.

Job Well Done

bajajudy - 4-10-2014 at 08:45 AM

Just back from walking the dogs under the bridge and I am glad to report that they did a terrific job of cleaning up!

[Edited on 4-10-2014 by bajajudy]