BajaNomad

Rip to Cabo

LaTijereta - 4-8-2014 at 11:05 AM

Lots of drama on day 6th in Mulege..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYCoqlh3RVg&list=PL56hOA...

willardguy - 4-8-2014 at 11:17 AM

:lol: you gotta love johnny, they're all honda's so a little bit of maintenance and they'll be fine. there's gonna be 5 honda's up for sale next week!

TMW - 4-8-2014 at 12:46 PM

That's a bummer.

BajaRun - 4-8-2014 at 04:00 PM

YIKES !!!! :o

motoged - 4-8-2014 at 04:00 PM

Where were they ferrying the bikes to?

Were they taking a shortcut to the peninsula or what?

Hard core guys ride that from the bottom and back....

David K - 4-8-2014 at 04:07 PM

Yup, after watching the clip, they were trying to save time by going across to the tip of the Concepcion peninsula... Instead of 'ripping' down Hwy. 1 and then enjoying a cool dirt road to the old magnesium (or was it manganese?) mine, and look how well that saved them time! Poor guys... but from that video at Loreto, they survived it pretty well!

Whale-ista - 4-8-2014 at 08:38 PM

I drove in from the lagoon and arrived in San Ignacio just as they were departing Saturday afternoon. They had a large crowd in the central plaza and closed off one corner for festivities.

They were giving away cans of monster to attendees. One lucky little boy got a ride on a motorcycle around the Plaza. All in all looked like a lot of fun. I've never seen so many people at one time in the central plaza.

willardguy - 4-8-2014 at 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Whale-ista
I drove in from the lagoon and arrived in San Ignacio just as they were departing Saturday afternoon. They had a large crowd in the central plaza and closed off one corner for festivities.

They were giving away cans of monster to attendees. One lucky little boy got a ride on a motorcycle around the Plaza. All in all looked like a lot of fun. I've never seen so many people at one time in the central plaza.
here's a video from day 4 in san ignacio
http://www.enduro360.com/2014/04/07/featured/2014-rip-to-cab...

Bob and Susan - 4-9-2014 at 04:29 AM

these guys are “dirt-bike animals”…no one here could keep up with them

their support crew is amazing…those bikes will be fine
You can’t just join this group…you need to apply…no slackers or ”old men here”
They make a tv show each year…helicopters and everything…big budget stuff
The bikes in the water will add to the excitement

dtbushpilot - 4-9-2014 at 06:15 AM

" Where were they ferrying the bikes to?

Hard core guys ride that from the bottom and back"....

Kids these days.....maybe they will grow up to be old fat "hard core" guys like us some day Ged....;);)

MulegeAL - 4-9-2014 at 07:15 AM

From my daytrip out to the cape last month.....

bajalearner - 4-9-2014 at 07:37 AM

Tragic mishap but what a great group of guys. After giving them a little time to cool off, they all have fantastic attitudes. Honda's are the best but salt water is the worst.

TMW - 4-9-2014 at 11:49 AM

It has been years since I've seen a rattlesnake in Baja. Of course I don't go looking for them either.

willardguy - 4-9-2014 at 11:52 AM

the only way I would have got that shot is with a telephoto lens!:lol:

MulegeAL - 4-9-2014 at 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TW
It has been years since I've seen a rattlesnake in Baja. Of course I don't go looking for them either.
. I (usually) don't go looking for them as well, but on a moto is possible to cover so much remote area in a day that I think that drives up the odds a bit.

The 4 footer was the third I'd seen riding that day and day before. All were on remote 2-track not more than 50 feet from shore where the habitat and hunting are good for the snakes.

Rattler #2 went home with rancho El Salto guy for dinner. I helped him unwind it from the bushes, made another friend, and his extended familia live just up the hill from me here in town, small world.

[Edited on 4-9-2014 by MulegeAL]

motoged - 4-9-2014 at 12:27 PM

Kids.....yeah, supported ride with Big $$$$....Back in the day, we would .......:lol::lol::lol:

Quote:
Originally posted by dtbushpilot
" Where were they ferrying the bikes to?

Hard core guys ride that from the bottom and back"....

Kids these days.....maybe they will grow up to be old fat "hard core" guys like us some day Ged....;);)

willardguy - 4-9-2014 at 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TW
I,ve only seen one, san nickolas. the only thing nastier were the homeowners!:lol:

motoged - 4-9-2014 at 12:40 PM

Al,
This guy looks like he has a dent in his back....run over him?

And how could you possibly ride there without helicopter and mechanic team support??? :cool:

MulegeAL - 4-9-2014 at 01:00 PM

Good eye. Dent in back, followed by dent in head. Is now prepped for a hat (or helmet?) band.

I just missed riding with the Hondogs, they made a lot of noise going thru town. Went out camping instead.

They would just slow me down like you! :lol:

TMW - 4-9-2014 at 06:52 PM

I've eaten rattlesnake, not bad, especially if mixed with something like rice. Not a lot of meat for their size. I use to buy rattlesnake in Ramona near San Diego. Expensive at about $10 a lb (whole snake cleaned and frozen) and that was 15 years ago. They have a roundup in west Texas every year and that's where the meat market in Ramona get it from.

[Edited on 4-10-2014 by TW]

jimgrms - 4-10-2014 at 07:49 AM

That meat market ain't getting rich from me buying rattle snake !