BajaNomad

Seeking Help with an image, from La Paz

bajacalifornian - 4-8-2014 at 03:18 PM

From the water in front of the . . . fishing license place/little beachy waterfront place/ . . .

Looking over toward the Patron restaurants and such, below Rancho Viejo . . .

In the water between is a boat/house structure on stilts or such, a New England/la Paz/ Chesapeake Bay waterfront scene, sort of structure. Down by the river brown.

D.K. . . . you probably know the builders date of birth . . . Gracias!

David K - 4-8-2014 at 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajacalifornian
From the water in front of the . . . fishing license place/little beachy waterfront place/ . . .

Looking over toward the Patron restaurants and such, below Rancho Viejo . . .

In the water between is a boat/house structure on stilts or such, a New England/la Paz/ Chesapeake Bay waterfront scene, sort of structure. Down by the river brown.

D.K. . . . you probably know the builders date of birth . . . Gracias!

Ummm... I don't see a photo (yet)??

BajaNomad - 4-8-2014 at 03:28 PM

Here, or where?

patron-lapa.jpg - 49kB

Jack Swords - 4-8-2014 at 03:45 PM

Sure would like to see an image, but...

Out at the end of Marina de la Paz, a house was to be built on a floating platform or barge built in the adjacent boatyard. Boaters were told to move their boats when it was moved from the boatyard to the marina as it was large and could hit boats. We walked out to the end of Dock A to see the barge and it is large, floating, and a nice piece of work. The house to be built on it was on its way by sea to be constructed on the barge. We left for the season before the house arrived. It is to be an adjacent home for one of the larger boat owners.

Still would like to see a photo....

David K - 4-8-2014 at 03:52 PM

bajacalifornian, send me or Doug the photo to post it here if you are challenged with it.

I will be in Santa Barbara for the next 3 days, should you not send it today.

gnukid - 4-8-2014 at 03:53 PM

I think you are thinking of the marine's officer's club for dancing. It's connected to the navy base next to the public beach for fishing?

monoloco - 4-8-2014 at 04:16 PM

I think that Jeff is looking for someone who has a photo of that place. Judging from all the great photos he's posted in the past, I doubt he would have any problems posting an image.

bajacalifornian - 4-8-2014 at 05:09 PM

Thanks mono. Gnu . . . that sounds correct. No barge. I was receiving a fishing license at the waterfront, north and across the water a bit from Patron. It is a structure on stilts. If we don't find a picture, I'll take a shot next time down.

Possible Marine Officer's Club. Cool.

I liked the feel of the design.

David K - 4-8-2014 at 06:19 PM

So you don't have the image???

Sorry that I misunderstood your post!