BajaNomad

Oh, Dear, The Party Season is on Again

Gypsy Jan - 4-12-2014 at 11:23 AM

Our next door neighbor has a very large property used for entertaining.

After a very quiet winter, right now weekend weddings and parties are booked through November.

Last night, the current group was running a battery-powered helicopter around with a Go Pro camera on it and it was driving our dogs crazy.

I am going to have to take naps in the middle of the day from now on, because I won't be getting any sleep on the weekends.

It's going to be a long summer.

[Edited on 4-12-2014 by Gypsy Jan]

BajaBlanca - 4-12-2014 at 07:59 PM

Wow......sounds like a nightmare.

Post Party Report

Gypsy Jan - 4-13-2014 at 11:32 AM

The wedding ceremony was low key and tasteful - the priest officiated a very solemn ceremony with mass.

Then, holy smokes! Thumpa, thhumpa, thumpa. Techno music until 4:00 am.

I am sleep deprived and grumpy - the dogs barked all night long.

The caterer put three plates of food up on our wall and I woke up to find that seagulls were stealing everything.

All the birds left behind was a stale dinner roll.

ehall - 4-14-2014 at 12:35 PM

Learn to sleep with earplugs. Helps alot once you get used to it.

woody with a view - 4-14-2014 at 01:06 PM

if it's any consolation our neighbor just had their first baby. with summer coming and "open window season" it's gonna be a long summer when the ankle biter start howling!!!!

DavidE - 4-14-2014 at 03:27 PM

In Michoacan I have a 250 watt amp, a pair of Altec Lansing, Voice Of The Theatre speakers, and a great recording of Bob Dylan singing "Hey Mr. Tambourine Man"

After an all-night party down at the bottom of the arroyo where not only a car stereo whump-whump rattled the windows, the bastards set off sky rockets. The type that whistle as they go up before KA BAM!

0930 It's CRUDA TIME at the bottom of the arroyo.

"HEY! MISTER TAMBOURINE MAN PLAY A SONG FOR ME, I'M NOT SLEEPY AND THERE'S NO PLACE I'M GOING TO................................. !!!"

I was ready for them this time. I had filled a tire tube with acetylene gas (50 pesos), and tossed it on the clippings and leave pile burning way out near the adobe oven.

It was later claimed that residents of Chucutitán, 5 KM east, heard the explosion.

durrelllrobert - 4-15-2014 at 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy Jan
The wedding ceremony was low key and tasteful - the priest officiated a very solemn ceremony with mass.

Then, holy smokes! Thumpa, thhumpa, thumpa. Techno music until 4:00 am.

I am sleep deprived and grumpy - the dogs barked all night long.

The caterer put three plates of food up on our wall and I woke up to find that seagulls were stealing everything.

All the birds left behind was a stale dinner roll.

Picky eaters!