BajaNomad

Lots of traffic heading south

bajachris - 4-13-2014 at 02:23 PM

Just got back from driving north from near LA Bay turnoff to San Diego The traffic heading south was the busiest I have ever seen. Lots of trucks, convoys and campers. I didn't think semana Santa was for another couple of weeks.

Ateo - 4-13-2014 at 02:26 PM

I'll be down there for EASTER. Can't wait for the traffic!

willardguy - 4-13-2014 at 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajachris
Just got back from driving north from near LA Bay turnoff to San Diego The traffic heading south was the busiest I have ever seen. Lots of trucks, convoys and campers. I didn't think semana Santa was for another couple of weeks.
easter is next sunday!

Desertbull - 4-13-2014 at 02:28 PM

Funny....I drove from Cabo to Mexicali and it was totally deserted highways...made for easy driving on Friday and Saturday. :cool:

Genecag - 4-14-2014 at 07:07 AM

We drove from TJ to La Paz last Friday, left 7:30AM and rolled into LAP 2:30AM. Took us an hour to pass through San Quintin due to traffic congestion. I thought there was a inspection or accident causing the delay but turned out to be the parents waiting on the street to pick upi their kids :(

Road conditions were good up to Mulege. There are 2 detours to dirt each being several KM but well packed dirt and no issues for cars.

Right after Loreto, there is an area of rock slide that stopped traffic for about 30 minutes.

The 6.2L Ford engine makes a big difference in power compared to the 5.4L - Wow. Passing semis and going up hills was a breeze and seems to deliver a little better gas mileage.