BajaNomad

El Toro y La Luna - home decor store - Los Barriles

BajaBlanca - 4-25-2014 at 08:57 AM

El Toro y La Luna - East Cape Decor Store

One of the college teens we help sponsor met a girl whose mom owns a home decorations store on the road right in front of the entrance to Los Barriles. We stopped by and met Tere ( the owner) and I spent over an hour perusing all the amazing Mexican furniture and home decor stuff. Since Les and I have traveled the mainland pretty extensively, it was fun to remember where each item was typically made. Thought I would share some photos of this incredible store:

The front

The owner Teresa

And the loot!

I bought one of these since our daughter-in-law adores them

Loved this piece and there are so many more beautiful pieces of furniture

And that's all, folks! Well, there is a little more, she gave me the most beautiful tortilla basket in honor of helping the kids in La Bocana .... It was one of those neat moments in Life as a strong hug was shared.

boe4fun - 4-27-2014 at 07:14 AM

Hola Blanca, Speaking of interesting stores, has anyone ever visited the unique place somewhere north of San Quintin on the right hand side of the road going north? It looks to be a very interesting place - has a old wooden buckboard wagon out front of it.

BajaBlanca - 4-27-2014 at 08:06 AM

North of San Quintin...yup! It is Ferreteria Baja and it is windows, doors, hardware store stuff

And the outside is amazing!

Marc - 5-1-2014 at 05:42 AM

Things have changed in the past 35 years:o:o:o

BajaBlanca - 5-1-2014 at 08:31 AM

Teresa is having a storewide sale May 17. Guess who wants to be there?

elgatoloco - 5-1-2014 at 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by boe4fun
Hola Blanca, Speaking of interesting stores, has anyone ever visited the unique place somewhere north of San Quintin on the right hand side of the road going north? It looks to be a very interesting place - has a old wooden buckboard wagon out front of it.

AKA - Home-O-Cheapo :dudette:

Udo - 5-1-2014 at 01:09 PM

El Toro y Luna is our favorite decor store when in East Cape. In Addition to other stuff, I usually pick up several t-shirts, tank tops and hats.

BajaBlanca - 5-1-2014 at 02:48 PM

Elgatoloco

The store is not so cheap and we have gotten many sliding glass doors from themat great deals, but not cheapo.

elgatoloco - 5-1-2014 at 07:24 PM

So the sign out front that reads Home-O-Cheapo is no longer valid.

Bajaboy - 5-1-2014 at 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by elgatoloco

I thought that was a personal ad:light:

elgatoloco - 5-1-2014 at 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
Quote:
Originally posted by elgatoloco

I thought that was a personal ad:light:

May have to stop and go in next time? I know I have a photo of that sign somewhere, but..................:O