BajaNomad

Baja Blues band

blackwolfmt - 4-25-2014 at 04:42 PM

Any nomads ever seen,, David Raitt and the Baja Boggie band live down in Baja ??, Just curios, I know they only play around my neck of the woods and down south in Baja and have a couple casa's down there somewhere

Cancamo - 4-26-2014 at 07:02 AM

Yep, Crossroads, Vinorama, East Cape three weeks ago. Guess Sr. Raitt has a place in Pescadero/Todos Santos area. They play there a few times a year, real polished, professional, old school tunes.

volcano - 4-27-2014 at 06:01 PM

yes, saw David Raitt 2 years ago, Crossroads, and left just before this years' show...really liked.

monoloco - 4-27-2014 at 10:58 PM

He's my neighbor.

CortezBlue - 4-28-2014 at 09:52 PM

No, but I have listened to him play with Jim Thackery, some great blues.

On an unrelated note, We were in PV on vacation last week and went to see Tom Coster play at the Nuevo Vallarta Yacht Club. For those of you who are not familiar with Tom, he was Carlos Santanas Keyboard player from about 1972 to somewhere into the 90's

He wrote, "Dance Sister Dance" as well as the big hit for Santana "Europa"

We were lucky that it was a small crowd and we were able to spend quite a bit of time talking with him at the breaks.

BornFisher - 4-28-2014 at 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CortezBlue
No, but I have listened to him play with Jim Thackery, some great blues.

Jimmy Thackery!! Now we`re talking!! Hope he broke in to some Dick Dale Baja licks!!
Now if some time in your travels you see Jimmy, Smoking Joe Kubek, and Tommy Castro, jam together, you may be on the Blues Cruise!!