BajaNomad

Guitar trio - Los Ateos del Ritmo - in Baja

ecomujeres - 4-27-2014 at 07:19 PM

For those of you unlucky not to have been in Mulege over the past 3 weeks, you missed some fantastic guitar playing by the traveling group "Los Ateos del Ritmo" (The Atheists of Rhythm).

The current configuration of the nomadic band, Humberto (Mexico), Robby (Belgium) and Ricardo (Italy), amazed us here on many evenings with their flying fingers, amazing rhythm and synchronization, and gravelly gypsy vocals.

Here's a YouTube playlist of some of the videos that we took at a couple of their performances:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLc7v9WcMhKbuFRjkE0BsI...

They are currently headed south to La Paz and who knows where else.

If you see three guys at the side of the road, a pile of equipment all around them, and looking decidedly like gypsies, give them a ride, and if you can invite them to play at a local bar, restaurant or event, you will not be disappointed. Spread the word and enjoy their amazing music in the meantime.

mulegemichael - 4-27-2014 at 07:30 PM

debra...sorry, i thought that they were just awful...and clumsey, and awkward....just awful....but we still love you....guess it all depends on where youse at!....mike and roz.

Mulegena - 4-27-2014 at 07:35 PM

Truly delightful music and authentic free spirits in this old world.

May they travel well and continue to bless their listeners wherever they roam.

edited to add: Thankyou, Ecomujeres, for your efforts in putting this video together.

[Edited on 4-28-2014 by Mulegena]

Ateo - 4-27-2014 at 07:48 PM

Dig the vibe and rhythms. Like the name as well. It flows off the tongue. Hope to see the opening for Los Angeles Azules soon. =)

ecomujeres - 4-27-2014 at 08:07 PM

Sorry Mike that you didn't like them. The rest of the town who crowded to the gigs certainly enjoyed them and were mesmerized by their skills and timing. It's true, we all have different tastes and expectations, it's what makes the world go 'round.

BajaBlanca - 4-27-2014 at 08:15 PM

I love them, at least what I hear on their various videos....very talented indeed. Any of them could be my boyfriend in a former life LOL, hippie that I was.

Nowadays, they might perhaps be a lot more successful of they cleaned up a bit but who knows? It takes all kinds.

Justbozo - 4-27-2014 at 09:17 PM

I was fortunate to see them perform during the Trigger fish tournament at Playa Buena Ventura. Great energy in thier music and they fit perfectly with Baja. Free spirits.
If you cross paths with them lend an ear, open your mind, pick up a CD and put some pesos in the guitar case. If you enjoy them, that's great. If not, remember a few pesos will help them get on down the road.
I heard echos of younger years.

DENNIS - 4-28-2014 at 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Justbozo

If you enjoy them, that's great. If not, remember a few pesos will help them get on down the road.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

BajaBlanca - 4-28-2014 at 12:20 PM

:lol::lol:

Paula - 4-28-2014 at 04:25 PM

Debra, did you by any chance tell them to come to our house in Loreto?

I hope so!!

They're fantastic!