BajaNomad

Norra 1000

pbods - 5-1-2014 at 02:38 PM

Does anyone have a map of the Norra Mexican 1000 for this year. Was planning a moto ride down in the same area 9-14 of May. I saw the gereral course route on their web site but if I had a map of the actual route I could maybe re-route my ride so as to not conflict with the race. Thanks, Jim

willyAirstream - 5-1-2014 at 03:30 PM

Did you download the pdf maps from noora.com? They are very detailed. Look at the fuel/ chase maps also to avoid chase crew traffic, which can be more of a hazard than the actual racers.

pbods - 5-1-2014 at 03:39 PM

That's just what I was looking for. Thanks again.

TMW - 5-1-2014 at 03:51 PM

The completed course maps have not come out yet but using the general milage maps indicates the bikes will stay west of hwy 1 or will be on the hwy until Villa Jesus Maria where they will turn inland to El Arco. The cars will follow the same course to Santa Rosalillita then hwy over to LA Bay. If you stay to the east of hwy 1 you'll be OK down to the LA Bay area. It's not hard to see where they are going since NORRA is running a lot of older cars and trucks they don't want to make it too hard on them. They follow the same roads as most off hwy travelers take, not any new cut trails, No Wimps Trails or Pole Line road type runs.

chuckie - 5-1-2014 at 03:52 PM

I think last year they didnt post it until a couple days before..Its a rally, not a race and some of the sections were supposed to be "secret" Last years map might be still on their website..

David K - 5-2-2014 at 12:15 AM

Here is the 2013 Route Map for the NORRA MEXICAN 1000: http://www.norra.com/PDFs/NORRA_2013RallyMileageMAPrevised.p...