BajaNomad

ANOTHER DEATH IN THE FAMILY??

DENNIS - 5-6-2014 at 02:48 PM

It's been reported and commented about on a couple of sites that Wiley Stagg, known here as COMITAN, has passed away. Does anyone have information on this?

http://forums.bajanomad.com/member.php?action=viewpro&me...

[Edited on 5-6-2014 by DENNIS]

CaboMagic - 5-6-2014 at 02:59 PM

oh my ...
his cel ph recording "not accepting calls at this time"

BajaBlanca - 5-6-2014 at 04:35 PM

He passed away on Sunday. ( I was informed by Carol his wife). I did not post it as a thread, as I thought she might do it herself. But I mentioned it in my writing on Sunday since she told me as I was with the college kids on the malecon pizza day at Tony's and I took a moment to pray.

He died of cancer and he found out about it about 6 months ago, or less.

We count ourselves so lucky to have visited him right before he found out about the sad news...he was his usual sprite self.

RIP Wiley! You were one of a kind!

[Edited on 5-6-2014 by BajaBlanca]

Mulegena - 5-6-2014 at 04:55 PM

Yes, a good man walked on.

Condolences to our BajaDove.

Peace, Friends.

DianaT - 5-6-2014 at 04:58 PM

It was on facebook. Like Blanca, I did not want to post about it in case Carol did or did not want to do so.

He was a good person and we enjoyed his company the few times we met with them. DEP Wiley. Our thoughts are with Carol.

tiotomasbcs - 5-6-2014 at 05:23 PM

Very smart guy with great stories. Life well lived! Goodman. Only wish I had known him longer. Blessings to Carol and family. Our loss. Tio

[Edited on 5-7-2014 by tiotomasbcs]

CaboMagic - 5-6-2014 at 06:02 PM

Once again, please accept and extend our condolences .. a hard part of the circle/cycle of life ..

David K - 5-6-2014 at 10:41 PM

My condolences to family and friends of Comitan... I hope he lived happily in the peninsula we love. His presence here will be missed...

elgatoloco - 5-6-2014 at 11:14 PM

Sad that he passed. He was a good soul and our thoughts are with Carol. He had a wonderful life full of adventure. Always enjoyed being around him and hearing stories of past exploits and learning what new project he had going on. Every time we saw them Wiley had something new. He pulled up to our house in at least three or four different 'campers' over the years, Carol always by his side. A couple years ago he designed and had built a cool little tear drop style travel trailer that they pulled with a diesel VW Bug. He had a sharp wit and self effacing way about him. He and Carol made quite a team. We were glad to know him and lucky to call him friend.

Rest in Peace, Amigo.

Mateo y Barbara

bajajudy - 5-6-2014 at 11:37 PM

So thankful that we were fortunate to meet him.
He will certainly be missed.
Please accept our condolences Carol.

willyAirstream - 5-7-2014 at 06:20 AM

Wiley lived in the moment. I enjoyed his company and energy.
My condolences to Carol.

elgatoloco - 5-7-2014 at 09:04 AM

From Carol to Nomads:

"Sunday 5/4/14 11:00 AM Wiley left for the big sea in the sky"

sancho - 5-7-2014 at 11:12 AM

Met Wiley in the late '80's camping at Ensenada Muetros, he would often take his camper on the then Cabo/Vallarta ferry,
to so. of Vallarta. He was the first Baja camper I met who
spent months at a time in Mex, started me wondering.
Those were magical times,
Wiley was fortunate to have logged a lot of Baja time

Udo - 5-7-2014 at 02:44 PM

Our sincerest condolences to Carol.

Wiley and Carol have always been on our MUST visit list every time we go to LA Paz area. We always had a great time living memories of Baja. We have also stayed with them several times at his guest house.

We will miss him dearly!

DavidE - 5-8-2014 at 12:02 PM

He was legit 100%

We talked about Comitan, Chiapas, a fine-fine city. Condolences to friends and family.

shari - 5-8-2014 at 12:25 PM

Que lo via bien Wiley amigo...you will be sadly missed here on Earth.

Wiley was a stand up guy...and always suggesting projects for me when he visited us. We love you Wiley and Carol...let me know if there is anything I can help with. Will there be a memorial service?

elgatoloco - 5-8-2014 at 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
Que lo via bien Wiley amigo...you will be sadly missed here on Earth.

Wiley was a stand up guy...and always suggesting projects for me when he visited us. We love you Wiley and Carol...let me know if there is anything I can help with. Will there be a memorial service?

Spoke with Carol today. She is doing well as can be expected and the fact is that Wiley was suffering at the end and she said "it was a blessing that his suffering is over". Per Wiley's wish she plans to spread Wiley's ashes in the Pacific, most likely in the San Fran area where they are from and where she has daughters and grand kids. She is currently living in Tucson where they had relocated. Wiley wanted to make sure she was set up and comfortable. Carol said the last lucid moment Wiley had was Saturday night when he blew her a kiss and said "see you tomorrow love". We had a nice chat and even got a few laughs out of her while recounting some Wiley stories.

I think a fitting memorial would be to toast Wiley with a cold Negro Modelo at sunset on the nearest beach, or your front porch. :dudette:

DENNIS - 5-8-2014 at 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by elgatoloco

I think a fitting memorial would be to toast Wiley with a cold Negro Modelo at sunset on the nearest beach, or your front porch. :dudette:

I'm all in for that.
Vaya con Díos Wiley.

acadist - 5-8-2014 at 06:28 PM

My condolences to the Family. Met Carol and Wiley through this board and helped them with transport of satellite equipment on one of our trips to La Paz. Gracious hosts, RIP

BajaBlanca - 5-8-2014 at 07:02 PM

A toast to you Wiley!

Bruce R Leech - 5-12-2014 at 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
It's been reported and commented about on a couple of sites that Wiley Stagg, known here as COMITAN, has passed away. Does anyone have information on this?

http://forums.bajanomad.com/member.php?action=viewpro&me...

My condolences to family and friends of Comitan, I feel honered to have known Wiley

[Edited on 5-6-2014 by DENNIS]

Bajatripper - 5-13-2014 at 01:32 PM

I'm really sorry to hear this. I enjoyed the parties he and Carol had at their place out in Comitan and I'll miss having his expertise in so many areas available when I needed it.

RIP, my dear friend and my heart-felt condolences to Carol.

ELINVESTIG8R - 5-13-2014 at 07:21 PM

Damn,Damn !!

captkw - 5-13-2014 at 07:57 PM

For guys like him,,,It has to Be Better on the other side......truly will be missed over here !!

[Edited on 5-14-2014 by captkw]